World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know, there were some people that suggested adding some EverQuest-like AA system to progress your characters further, because people were bored after clearing a_current_raid_02 and having BiS gear. I see that Blizzard found a solution to that: They added AA-like systems, but they reset not only each expansion, but each major patch!

And now we have the dream MMO game where you can grind while you grind. Your teeth, that is.
If modern WOW had AAs then it’d be setup where you can only earn 1/3 of an AA per day (so better log in daily!).

Also, you don’t get to just select which AA you spend your points on, instead the AA ability you can earn changes on an every 3 day basis so you have to keep logging in until the roulette wheel lands on that improved healing instead of +5 Charisma.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jokes on you, once I've maxed out Charisma I'll have a half a percent higher chance of being rezzed by that Cleric cheat death buff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
The biggest problem with it is that zone design is shit. Everything is always on the other side of a mountain or at the top of the cliff of whatever canyon you’re in.
With a well-disguised path to the top not visible on the map.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The biggest problem with it is that zone design is shit. Everything is always on the other side of a mountain or at the top of the cliff of whatever canyon you’re in.
Yeah reminds me of Eastern Plaguelands where it had several hard to get to areas in the mountains, always felt bad to go up one of those and it was cleared out of mobs/herbs/whatever.

It still isn't a problem with zone design, it's a problem with reward structure. Places should be hard to get to. It should just be that when you get there, you get rewards equal to the effort.

Give people the choice of doing several easily accessible camps or one difficult to reach camp, I think the current problem is both types giving the same reward.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Yeah reminds me of Eastern Plaguelands where it had several hard to get to areas in the mountains, always felt bad to go up one of those and it was cleared out of mobs/herbs/whatever.

It still isn't a problem with zone design, it's a problem with reward structure. Places should be hard to get to. It should just be that when you get there, you get rewards equal to the effort.

Give people the choice of doing several easily accessible camps or one difficult to reach camp, I think the current problem is both types giving the same reward.

I don’t really mind that sort of thing. The rest of the zone was easily navigated but with respect to wandering mobs and a few obstacles here and there. You could move around there from point A to point B pretty freely. Now there’s way too much impassable terrain and areas feel claustrophobic.

Malkav

French Madman
Been leveling alts with Legion and doing Order Halls campaign and mounts since the pre-patch.

Aside from being fed up of having to to Breaching the Tomb every fucking time (and fuck the quest requiring you to do an invasion), some of those mounts questlines vary greatly in quality/annoyance. Rogue? Go kill 4 npcs in the other faction capital cities, enjoy getting fucked by the guards! Shaman? Let me teleport you to a micro scenario where you kill 3 elementals and you're done in 5 minutes.

Enjoying playing Elemental Shaman though, the animations are satisfying (Earth Shock could use a new one though). The more alts I level, the less I know what I'll play in SL though.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You know when toxic ass forum(s) are overwhelmingly positive about the change, you let that shit drag on for too long. Wish they did more Quality of Life changes like this more often.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How much you want to bet this had nothing to do with Johnny Everyman complaining that some guy with 10 characters was picking all the flowers but instead because Ion hated the fact that multiboxing was making it too easy for the bleeding edge to keep multiple characters relevant?

• 1Worf

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So when leveling new characters through legion / bfa etc. I only have the option to que for BFA dungeons. Im trying to level through legion but can't que for halls of valor in order to move past stormheim. Do i need to do something to enable legion dungeon que's?

Araxen

So when leveling new characters through legion / bfa etc. I only have the option to que for BFA dungeons. Im trying to level through legion but can't que for halls of valor in order to move past stormheim. Do i need to do something to enable legion dungeon que's?

You need to talk to Chromie in Org/Stormwind, and choose which expansion you want to level in to be able to do that expansions dungeons.

Daidraco

Which that still doesnt make a lot of sense to me. If everything f'n scales, why do I need to talk to that dumb bitch to make it scale to me? Dumb ass way of doing shit.

Malkav

French Madman
Which that still doesnt make a lot of sense to me. If everything f'n scales, why do I need to talk to that dumb bitch to make it scale to me? Dumb ass way of doing shit.
Not everything scales between 10-50. Out of Chromie time, each expansion has a specific bracket, like Legion being lvl45 max.

Once you enter Chromie time, the expansion you've chosen scales between lvl10 and lvl50, as well as the dungeons associated with it.

To be fair, I don't even know why you would want to level out of Chromie time, just makes the game the disjointed mess it was already before. Feels good to be able to level from scratch doing a whole expansion storyline.

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
It's not about leveling, it's farming old raids/dungeons when out of Chromie time.
I don't see the issue except if you want to do them at the appropriate level. Otherwise, once out of Chromie time at 50, you can solo farm whatever you want as before. Old dungeons won't scale to 50 then.

Edit : Also, I reread the original post, and it's about running HoV in order to move past Stormheim? WTF? You don't need to run the dungeons to progress through Legion, I've done it on multiple characters in the last few weeks. Just go back to your Order Hall and chose a new zone on the scouting map.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, i didn't know that. I thought you had to get the piece at the end of the zone dungeon to prompt the order hall have you pick a new zone.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, i didn't know that. I thought you had to get the piece at the end of the zone dungeon to prompt the order hall have you pick a new zone.
I think Blizz would get flak if dungeon runs were mandatory. FFXIV gets away with it, but that's not the same haha.

I usually power through each zone like that, and then come back to solo the required dungeons for the order hall campaign when I'm 50.

Ran a normal Maw of Souls with a pug at lvl48 and it was like pulling teeth. We wiped like 8 times on Helya before getting her, it was retarded.