World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Multiboxer that used to run 131 accounts at once. He said he paid $26,000 for his setup, and still owes 10k on his credit card(s). He pays $400/month.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 7 users

Daidraco

Why in the ever-living f'k would you put that much on a credit card? His credit has to be in the range of "He pays his bills but hes a dumb ass".

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

TzBK6hF5H-IidS00_A7x89ZW9WoxaR-1posKF5K7TVU.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Malkav

French Madman
The more I read some things on the beta forums, the more I wonder about Blizz sometimes.
In Legions, AP came from item drops, that you could use immediately from your bag.
In BFA, AP was automatically added to your HoA.
In Shadowlands, Anima comes from item drops....that you have to use in your Covenant Sanctum. Thus cluttering your bag until you go there.

Why throw the QoL out of the window?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Why throw the QoL out of the window?
Heavy fluctuation in designers, but because they sit as nameless entities in their ivory tower you don't get to know the names. Old designers never document the decision-making and their intentions, or even the how and why of the process, so newer hires are never fully onboarded, especially with past lessons learned and mistakes. The only part of the onboarding process that really works at Blizzard seems to be the instilling of rockstar arrogance.

It's very rare that you hear stories about the design process, e.g. from Xelnath in the warlock redesign in MoP. If you read between the lines it smells like a total clusterfuck, like having a supervisor that is not even part of the design team.

Oh, and for having so many ex-theorycrafters their math, data collection and simulations smell like total bullshit, or else they wouldn't have to rebalance classes two to three times every patch cycle. Scaling is total off for some specs, while others are totally fucked. This video explains it:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This level of damage adjustments doesn't spark a lot of confidence that they are ready for a release.

Classes

• General
    • [With regional restarts] All tank specializations passive threat generation has increased.
  • Druid
    • Feral
      • [With regional restarts] Damage of all abilities increased by 8%.
    • Restoration
      • [With regional restarts] Damage of all abilities reduced by 5%.
  • Hunter
    • Beast Mastery
      • [With regional restarts] The damage of all abilities except Cobra Shot and Barbed Shot have been reduced by 5%.
    • Marksmanship
      • [With regional restarts] Volley (Talent) damage reduced by 30%.
  • Mage
    • General
      • [With regional restarts] Arcane Explosion damage reduced by 8%.
    • Frost
      • [With regional restarts] Splitting Ice’s Ice Lance damage to secondary targets reduced to 65% (was 80%).
      • [With regional restarts] Ice Lance damage reduced by 10%.
      • [With regional restarts] Freezing Rain’s Blizzard damage increased to 60% (was 50%).
      • [With regional restarts] Comet Storm damage increased by 5%.
  • Monk
    • Windwalker
      • [With regional restarts] Damage of all abilities increased by 5%.
  • Paladin
    • General
      • [With regional restarts] Crusader Strike mana cost reduced to 9% base mana (was 14%).
      • [With regional restarts] Shield of the Righteous damage reduced by 15%.
    • Holy
      • [With regional restarts] Holy Shock healing increased by 10%.
      • [With regional restarts] Word of Glory healing increased by 9%.
      • [With regional restarts] Glimmer of Light (Talent) healing reduced by 10%.
    • Protection
      • [With regional restarts] Protection Paladin passive Armor bonus reduced to 10% (was 20%).
      • [With regional restarts] Word of Glory healing increased by 9% and healing when casting Word of Glory (Rank 2) on yourself reduced to 250% based on your missing health (was 300%).
    • Retribution
      • [With regional restarts] Damage of all abilities increased by 4%.
      • [With regional restarts] Execution Sentence (Talent) no longer has a chance to critically strike and initial damage reduced by 25%.
      • [With regional restarts] Final Reckoning (Talent) increased damage taken reduced to 35% (was 50%).
      • [With regional restarts] Sanctified Wrath (Talent) damage increased by 50%.
  • Priest
    • Discipline
      • [With regional restarts] Power Word: Shield absorb reduced by 8%.
      • [With regional restarts] Shadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 10%.
      • [With regional restarts] Purge the Wicked (Talent) damage reduced by 10%.
  • Rogue
    • Subtlety
      • Resolved an issue that allowed Subtlety Rogue’s Eviscerate to deal additional damage to targets that have another Rogue's Find Weakness active.
  • Shaman
    • General
      • [With regional restarts] Chain Heal healing reduced by 7%.
    • Restoration
      • [With regional restarts] The bonus damage for choosing the Restoration Shaman specialization has been lowered to 15% (was 40%). At level 37, this value increases back to 40%.
  • Warrior
    • Arms
      • [With regional restarts] Damage of all abilities increased by 6%.
      • [With regional restarts] Cleave (Talent) no longer replaces Sweeping Strikes.
    • Fury
      • [With regional restarts] Damage of all abilities increased by 10%.
      • [With regional restarts] Whirlwind additional target damage reduced to 45% (was 50%).
      • [With regional restarts] Bladestorm (Talent) damage increased by 8%.
      • [With regional restarts] Frenzy (Talent) Haste reduced to 2% (was 3%) and max stacks increased to 4 (was 3).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well don't do fucking Nathanos, yet. The weapon reward is bugged (or maybe it is just working as intended and they're stupid as fuck!). WQ at first showed me a 1H mace for my enh spec (which I'm currently specced to). Once I got into EPL, the reward showed a 2H staff. Left and came back in, reward showed the mace again. Killed Nathanos and got the stupid staff still.

• 1Worf

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Icecrown rares spawn every 20min with timer and zone announcement. Just alt+tab in every 20min for the drops I guess. Not much else to do it seems like. The lag is also terrible, not really giving much confidence in a smooth launch.

• 1Worf

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Multiboxer that used to run 131 accounts at once. He said he paid $26,000 for his setup, and still owes 10k on his credit card(s). He pays $400/month.

I think that guy's retired or something, so he gives no fucks. People like him are what screws things up, though. He pays $400/month in subs? For that many accounts, it means he may only be paying $3/account, which also means he could be using the cheat of setting his VPN to a foreign country and paying THEIR rate.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
One of my fav zones in WoW.

You didn't really grasp what TBC was about and how different the world was in outlands until you hit nagrand.

Nagrand was definitely a favorite for me as well. Sometimes I would just log on and just fly around it, not to farm or anything, but just to look around at the scenery.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well don't do fucking Nathanos, yet. The weapon reward is bugged (or maybe it is just working as intended and they're stupid as fuck!). WQ at first showed me a 1H mace for my enh spec (which I'm currently specced to). Once I got into EPL, the reward showed a 2H staff. Left and came back in, reward showed the mace again. Killed Nathanos and got the stupid staff still.
I died and ran back, was a ghost as he was killed, didn't get loot, can't loot the body. Tried leaving EPL and logged out and back in, killed him again, still nothing. Hoping the loot goes to my mailbox.

• 1Worf