World of Warcraft: Current Year

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the road to 60 last night. AAP must have been built on the old xp values, hit 60 with over half the story chapters left in Ravendreath. Overall a fun experience except for a few moments like desyncs and the first big mob in Ardenweald (he would despawn if a single person was AoEing, and the servers weren’t forcing shards that early in the zone so.... shitshow). Good to see Blizzard didn’t bother to fix “Character Not Found” after it’s been on the entirety of beta. Way too much RP, especially early on, but every zone has multiple moments of sit on your dick rp. Through Bastion it felt like the most on rails leveling experience every put into the game. It opened up a lot more thereafter but still, quite annoying at times. Will go back and slow roll once my character is ready to actually experience the story and cut scenes so I’ll know what the hell is going on.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
so, what's the most op fotm dps spec right now? I initially thought of picking either lock or shaman but they got nerfed all the time during beta and are pretty much useless right now (unless something changed in the past week or two)

also, is the character boost still included when you buy an expansion? I remember getting one when I got back in wow during legion

Malkav

French Madman
also, is the character boost still included when you buy an expansion? I remember getting one when I got back in wow during legion

Boost is not included in the basic edition, only get added on one of the more expensive tier.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The debuff they added onto beta last week, to stop rep gain in the Maw, until Tuesday reset, didn't make it to live.

If you had a stealth group, you could probably get something like ~1000 rep and maw currency, by just hunting the rares, and minimizing trash kills.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
FOTM seems to be Shadow Priest for sure, it's well balanced and tuned pretty well. Decided to go MM, leveling is definitely adjusted since BETA - I'm 57 and not even done with Maldraxxus yet, so time to just mainline story.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yeah. It's only included starting with the Heroic Edition. They just added the bullshit "Base" edition with nothing except the expansion.

The base version is slightly cheaper with the change, and the boosted version is slightly more. Boosted version is still a pretty good deal vs just getting a boost out of the shop.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm almost 54. Bastion was nice and didn't seem very congested but now that I'm at Maldraxxus I'm just running around among a sea of players.

I was wondering where everyone was. I forgot it came out today and didn't start till late. I've only seen a few people in Bastion.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
They got the launch pretty well ironed out, and the phasing was great. Always enough people, but never really fighting for mobs (the occasional kill "x" boss aside). The RTX is actually a bit more compelling in the SL zones than before, but still probably not worth performance hit. The skyboxes in Ardenweald with it on though are terrific.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I mean I know EQ didn't invent much new stuff either, it was mostly D&D stuff repurposed or renamed into Norrath, but considering who's the creative director of WoW it's pretty funny to imagine this is a nostalgia trip for Furor. (And yes I know he left Blizzard in June 20 but this expansion's been cooking for the better part of 3 years probably, so it was his last work there).

Why did he leave Blizzard? Never heard anything about that.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Why did he leave Blizzard? Never heard anything about that.

Huh yeah, I haven't heard about that but I did find this today:

• 3WTF
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had 2 toons level 50 before launch. Main is on a medium server. Figured he would be my go to when launch happened because my other lvl 50 is on Tichondrius and it usually has queues during expansion launches.

So last night I couldn't get on to my main. Hosed medium server kept kicking me out telling me my toon didn't exist. etc.. Said fuck it and tried Tichondrius. No problems, no queue, just logged right in and started playing Shadowlands. No lag, no issues with contested mobs. Got to level 53 before going to bed. Had fun.

Just a filthy casual, but it's been a pretty easy launch so far.

nazon

Molten Core Raider
2 little kids are really fucking me over right now. Vasectomy inc!
Wife just told me I need to get one. 2 boys constantly raging. I was planning on playing Shadowlands in October. After it got delayed I took a deep dive into project1999 blue and now I can't seem to bring myself to play WoW. 21 year old elf simulator or latest and greatest WoW expansion. Decisions decisions.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
21 year old elf simulator or latest and greatest WoW expansion

BFA and SL feels like Legion with different textures and setting. Take your time, everything is heavily timegated these days. Bring the payer not the player.

Defiance

<Bronze Donator>
https://www.wolfsheadonline.com/ale...-with-blizzard-entertainment-comes-to-an-end/

As of yet there is no mention of his departure mentioned at the glorious Fires of Heaven forums — once his former EverQuest guild website and now a haven for misfits, malcontents, and miscreants. Apparently they have more important things to do such as demanding transgender representation in EverQuest and lampooning the efforts of Visionary Realms who are still in the trenches making their Pantheon MMORPG.

wtf? LOL

• 24Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 25 users