World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It seems like they upped the amount of anima powers a good bit. I ended a run with almost 40 anima powers which is WAY more than I have ever managed in the past. Felt a lot more amusing when I had enough stacks of stuff where you could actually build some fun stuff instead of just scrambling for whatever semi useful stuff appeared.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, the hotfix notes have been showing some of those listed changes little by little.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I had a choice similar to that last night and didn't seem to affect our healing at all. Probably because mend pet is just a flat "heals 50% of pet's health over 10 seconds" or whatever.

Did my other 8 today, not sure if the nerfs hit super hard or what, b/c that shit was a joke. I had a bunch of shitty power choices too, only real damage buffs I had was Hunter's Mark and Kill Command bonuses. Boss seemed like a super easy one, though. Specter guy who goes incorporeal from time to time.

Going to hit both 8's tonight if I can't get high keys.

Need all the ash I can get. I want Vigil and Surging sooner than later even if it means 190's. I only run BM for torg. Anything else I'm MM

I took serpent strike legendary in a 210. So I'm a ways away from being a massive aoe wrecking ball.

I think with those 3 legendary we are going to see more MM nerfs. The synergy in M just seems too good to be true.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Make some super wacky overpowered abilities. Expand on the goofy drawbacks. Hell, if they made it shorter I would even think they could include traps and negative animas that make you lose. But that's much less tolerable when runs last 1-2 hours. Make them 30 minutes and let people be overpowered and have fun.
What, is not being able to Jump or walk backwards not enough for you?!?!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yep, looks like they dropped some hotfixes before they left the office. Most of the stuff on that earlier list is here.

December 17, 2020

Achievements

• Fixed an issue where Hunting Party credit was not earned after the Hunt scenario was completed.

Classes

• Mage
    • Shifting Power’s (Night Fae Ability) visual effects now appear much smaller for friendly players.
  • Monk
    • Resolved an issue that caused Clouded Focus (Legendary Effect) to provide its bonus while Soothing Mist is not active.
    • Bonedust Brew (Necrolord Ability) will no longer deal greatly increased damage against enemies that take increased damage.
  • Priest
    • Thoughtsteal (PvP Talent) no longer plays a misleading error sound when trying to cast the stolen spell.
    • Divine Ascension (PvP Talent) is now considered a Holy spell.
    • Shadow
      • Unfurling Darkness (Talent) will no longer display on raid frames.
  • Shaman
    • Restoration
      • Corrected an issue where some raid encounter abilities were incorrectly triggering the bonus mana restoration of Water Shield.

Covenants

• Kyrian
    • Fixed an issue where some players who swapped to the Kyrian covenant would be unable to interact with Haephus for the quest "It's All Coming Together."
    • Players who have left the Kyrian Covenant should no longer be able to loot Path of Ascension crafting materials.
  • Venthyr
    • Glenzu will be more careful to make his Glenzu Original only available to the person that paid him for it during the quest "Ember Court: Mortal Reminders."

Dungeons and Raids

• Castle Nathria
    • Council of Blood
      • Dutiful Attendants should no longer become stuck evading.
  • Mythic Keystone Dungeons
    • Level 10 Keystone end-of-run chest items have returned back to item level 203.
    • Fixed an issue where the Bursting Affix was not inflicting an appropriate amount of damage for Shadowlands Mythic dungeons.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the Storming Affix to inflict more damage than intended.
    • Theater of Pain
      • Xav the Unfallen
        • Resolved an issue that prevented players targeted by Blood and Glory from landing in the dueling arena.
  • Mists of Tirna Scithe
    • Mistveil Nightblossom now casts Triple Bite less often and its poison duration has been lowered.
  • Plaguefall
    • Margrave Stradama
      • Plague Crash tentacles now hit a wider area, and their placement has been adjusted accordingly.
  • The Necrotic Wake
    • Abominations will now only cast Tenderize and Mutilate on their current target.
      • Tenderize now increases Physical damage taken by 12% per stack (was 15%).
      • Mutilate damage reduced by 15%.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue that prevented the Infinitely Divisible Ooze trinket from scaling with some player stats.
  • Periodic heals present prior to Consumptive Infusion’s effect triggering will no longer consume the trinket’s effect.

Quests

• Ardenweald
    • The point of interest indicator for “Kivarr's Den” should now be easier to see on the map.
  • Maldraxxus
    • The point of interest indicators for “Fight and Flight” should now be easier to see on the map.
  • Battle for Azeroth
    • The quests "An Unwelcome Advisor" and "Return of the Black Prince" should now be automatically provided to eligible players in Boralus Harbor and Zuldazar.

The Maw: Eye of the Jailer

• Quests with a weekly reset in The Maw no longer erroneously claim to be daily quests in the quest log and are now displayed with a yellow quest icon.

Torghast, Tower of the Damned

• For all classes, major cooldowns will now reset when you transition to a new floor.
    • Developers’ note: This functionality should mirror the way cooldowns reset at the end of a raid encounter, or when starting a Mythic Keystone dungeon, affecting most abilities with a cooldown of 3 minutes or longer.
  • Health and damage of all creatures in Torghast reduced by 6% at Layer 1, increasing to 26% at Layer 8.
    • Developers’ note: The net effect should be that Layer 8 is now roughly as difficult as Layer 6 was prior to this change, with other Layers’ difficulty is reduced proportionally.
  • Health of all creatures reduced for players in groups by up to 25%.
  • Damage of all creatures reduced for 4- and 5-player groups by up to 20%.
  • The Jailer's Directive in the Upper Reaches now increases health by 10% (was 50%).
  • Some friendly NPCs in Torghast can no longer be found using /target or similar macros.
  • Anima Powers
    • The starting Anima Cell in Torghast now offers a stronger selection of Anima powers.
    • Anima Cells dropped by rare creatures within Torghast now always have at least 3 choices to choose from.
    • The chance for an Anima Cell to drop from a creature on any given floor has been increased.
    • Unnatural Power no longer provides immunity to crowd controlling effects at 10 stacks.
    • Rogue
      • Corrected an issue where the Terror-laden Slumbersand was incorrectly breaking the Sap effect from enemies.
  • Bosses
    • Elder Longbranch’s Bounty of the Forest cast time increased to 4 seconds (was 2 seconds), time between casts increased to 45 seconds (was 30 seconds), and Hardened Shell now only requires 6 attacks or skills to remove (was 9 attacks).
    • Decayspeaker’s Hardened Shell now only requires 6 attacks or skills to remove (was 9 attacks).
  • Enemies
    • Massive Crusher’s Armor Plating cast time increased to 3 seconds (was 1 second) and can be interrupted and/or dispelled. Recast time increased to 16 seconds (was 8 seconds).
    • Tower Sentinel’s Oppressive Aura haste reduction and slow now scales up to 10% (was 25%).
    • Deadsoul Chorus’s Death Blast now reduces healing received by 15% and stacks 5 times (was 25% and stacks 4 times).
    • Skeletal Remains and Lumbering Creation’s Bone Shrapnel now marks the ground and then explodes after 2 seconds, giving players time to move away (was instant).
    • Deadsoul Stalker now fades away after 15 melee attacks (was 7) and remains hidden for 15 seconds (was 30 seconds).
    • Deadsoul Devil now reincarnates with 15% health remaining (was at 40% health).
  • Torments
    • Fracturing Forces and Eye of Skoldus now begin their timer when you leave combat.
    • Fracturing Forces and Eye of Skoldus enemies have had their health and damage reduced by 50%.
    • Fracturing Forces and Eye of Skoldus now increase assassin health by 5% per stack (was 10%).

WoW Classic

• Wielders of the Corrupted Ashbringer will once again hear the whispers of Alexandros Mograine...

Merrith

Need all the ash I can get. I want Vigil and Surging sooner than later even if it means 190's. I only run BM for torg. Anything else I'm MM

I took serpent strike legendary in a 210. So I'm a ways away from being a massive aoe wrecking ball.

I think with those 3 legendary we are going to see more MM nerfs. The synergy in M just seems too good to be true.

Yeah I only use BM for soloing stuff, elite WQ's or whatever, everything else Marks.

Merrith

Also pretty sure you can only craft one legendary to wear right now. This is why everyone just upgrades Serpentstalker to 4.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also pretty sure you can only craft one legendary to wear right now. This is why everyone just upgrades Serpentstalker to 4.

Oh you can't wear multiple legendary.

No big deal if you can swap em on n off I guess. Will keep upgrading but Vigil will murder in M+ its sims are very high.

I hope they introduce a way to wear a second legendary for the 2nd half of expac.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The entire front page of /r/wow was about how bad Torghast was now. lol

I'm honestly surprised they made the changes so quickly to be honest. It has to be some sort of record.
Thorgast was the only redeeming feature of Shadowlands - everything was pretty much "more of the same".

I could already see the writing on the wall when they introduced all those control-freak features like Torments and stuff. There was no way they were ever going to let Thorgast go into truly roguelike. No, it was going to be carefully curated and metered experience. Like all the rest of WoW.

And now, they are carefully tweaking percentages so that Thorgast has exactly the number of player reaching a given level, in the given time, that their projection planning allows. And they'll further compensate after a while, because with rising ilvls, all that careful balance is going to shift yet again, and require weekly intervention...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blew through level 8 with the recent changes. Had Goxul the Devourer as the final boss. He felt easier than some of the floor guardians.
1608300068993.png

Daidraco

Blew through level 8 with the recent changes. Had Goxul the Devourer as the final boss. He felt easier than some of the floor guardians.
View attachment 324163
He was easy before the nerf. All he had was two interruptible spells. The rest of his skill set did no damage. The floor boss before his floor was going Mach V while this guy was driving a golf cart. Especially when we're in that ilvl bracket.

They could do a lot more with Torghast, and maybe they will. But really, something just tells me that they didnt have enough development time to bake a lot of stuff. So theyre working with what they have until they can push out a major patch. Whether thats because of COVID and the transition to working from home and the office - or because the team is retarded, or because Bobby needs a few extra million, or all of that together, who knows?

Im curious how the loot changes have a affected player retention. Whether an intended ilvl jump or not - how the difficulty of the raid being a major road block has affected player retention. Two of the cornerstones of WoW as a game. I personally am enjoying whats here for now, though.

• 1Truth!

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Necrotic wake can go eat a bag of dicks. High keys on Tyranical are not fun. Also, any Kyrian people have their stupid owl bug out where you can't initiate dialogue with them thus not able to get the Kyrian benefit from that dungeon?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Reversing floor difficulty could have been the way. Floor one stomps balls and you’d fail early and decide whether or not it was worth retrying. Then the powers start ramping up and by the final floor you get to be the one chain gunning sin bolts and punishing the last boss for the bullshit the first floor boss was getting up to. Getting more powerful while facing progressively stronger stuff sounds good but having time wasted by an overturned mess of a boss coupled with rng power was always going to lead to it getting nerfed.

Daidraco

Necrotic wake can go eat a bag of dicks. High keys on Tyranical are not fun. Also, any Kyrian people have their stupid owl bug out where you can't initiate dialogue with them thus not able to get the Kyrian benefit from that dungeon?

I used to collect that buff from the golems, but after doing the dungeon a bunch.. I just dont care anymore. It's great, but so insignificant in the grand scheme cause of its short timer (the buff itself isnt bad) that I just skip right over the two golems. But no, I havent encountered the bug.

If they made it 3 -5 minutes, it would definitely pick up its value. Similar to how long the banners last in TOP that last.. what, 5-10? minutes?. Venthyr's dungeon covenant abilities are forgettable and more of a pain in the ass. Lastly, almost none of them compare to Ardenweald's Mists short cut and mushrooms. You dont have to be near each other, it cuts an entire pack out etc. All of them though, are nominal in value. If they had more of them spread through the dungeon and werent so distracting from the over arching goal of getting through the place in a certain time, they would be very welcome.

What class are you playing, Penance Penance ? I just dont feel like Necrotic Wake is bodying me that much considering how slowly bosses hit me in general. But if you're on key 15 or something.. that 5 extra levels would surely be the difference hehe.

Reversing floor difficulty could have been the way. Floor one stomps balls and you’d fail early and decide whether or not it was worth retrying. Then the powers start ramping up and by the final floor you get to be the one chain gunning sin bolts and punishing the last boss for the bullshit the first floor boss was getting up to. Getting more powerful while facing progressively stronger stuff sounds good but having time wasted by an overturned mess of a boss coupled with rng power was always going to lead to it getting nerfed.

That way would hamstring tanks a bit. Maybe not awfully much, but before I have any powers.. I have a few sketchy moments when two elites are smacking me for a chunk of my health.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Necrotic wake is the one I failed at +7, due to the mad scientist boss (the one you need to hook). We ended up having like 3-4 abominations and couldn't keep up. It looked like a dps check to me, but maybe we're missing something. Are you supposed to be able to reliably hook the boss a 2nd time when you're dpsing him?

Daidraco

Necrotic wake is the one I failed at +7, due to the mad scientist boss (the one you need to hook). We ended up having like 3-4 abominations and couldn't keep up. It looked like a dps check to me, but maybe we're missing something. Are you supposed to be able to reliably hook the boss a 2nd time when you're dpsing him?
That is definitely a DPS fail. That f'ker can be hooked every time non stop. Even while hes on the ground he can be hooked. Anyone that tells you different is a shit player that makes up shit to defend is shit play style. Which is really what Im noticing about Mythic +. I feel like there are a ton of people that just get carried through content and never learn the mechanics. So when we have weeks like this, with Tyrannical - Im stuck balancing heals on myself and trying to keep up shield of Righteous, while the healer has 90% focus on the dumb ass that keeps getting hit by obvious mechanics. I want to believe... that in the higher mythics, this shit will be a thing of the past. But this is comparable to ELO hell atm.

Merrith

He was easy before the nerf. All he had was two interruptible spells. The rest of his skill set did no damage. The floor boss before his floor was going Mach V while this guy was driving a golf cart. Especially when we're in that ilvl bracket.

They could do a lot more with Torghast, and maybe they will. But really, something just tells me that they didnt have enough development time to bake a lot of stuff. So theyre working with what they have until they can push out a major patch. Whether thats because of COVID and the transition to working from home and the office - or because the team is retarded, or because Bobby needs a few extra million, or all of that together, who knows?

Im curious how the loot changes have a affected player retention. Whether an intended ilvl jump or not - how the difficulty of the raid being a major road block has affected player retention. Two of the cornerstones of WoW as a game. I personally am enjoying whats here for now, though.

He was a bitch for me as BM before the nerf. Would kill my pet too easily after too long getting too powerful, not enough interrupts to keep up.

Merrith

That is definitely a DPS fail. That f'ker can be hooked every time non stop. Even while hes on the ground he can be hooked. Anyone that tells you different is a shit player that makes up shit to defend is shit play style. Which is really what Im noticing about Mythic +. I feel like there are a ton of people that just get carried through content and never learn the mechanics. So when we have weeks like this, with Tyrannical - Im stuck balancing heals on myself and trying to keep up shield of Righteous, while the healer has 90% focus on the dumb ass that keeps getting hit by obvious mechanics. I want to believe... that in the higher mythics, this shit will be a thing of the past. But this is comparable to ELO hell atm.

This is why raider.io shit is busted. You have peons that get carried by their friends who push keys constantly, they get a couple 10's done and think they're hot shit...but their dps is weak compared to the gear they have, and they suck at mechanics.

• 1Solidarity

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
This is why raider.io shit is busted. You have peons that get carried by their friends who push keys constantly, they get a couple 10's done and think they're hot shit...but their dps is weak compared to the gear they have, and they suck at mechanics.

Its ridiculous how many people running mid tier keys have no idea what the boss mechanics are. Fortified last week was a huge tank and healer carry and it just wont fly this week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider

Yes. Get your dps to put their dicks back in their pants and hold cooldowns for when boss is down. While it's down, first hook goes to the boss, which will interrupt fixate. The second hook goes to where the boss stands when he is on stage - partway through cast he will jump up there and then immediately get hooked back down again.