World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Gotta love the entire zone suffering from 2 full seconds of latency when the world boss is being fought. Indie game company problems, I guess

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
B) There are specs being utilized in WoW Classic (fury war tank for instance) that I as a no life nerd top tier Vanilla warrior never used or saw anyone on any other server using...

Reasons for this:

A) Classic launched with all classes in their "end of Vanilla state" - with 1.12 talents. Compared to Vanilla when classes were adjusted throughout the games lifecycle

B) 15 years of knowledge means players know what their BIS items, best talent specs, how much hit they need, how much weapon skill they need. All of this makes fury much more viable.

C) World Buff meta is another insane power spike to Fury. Pointless spending hours getting world buffs and staying raid logged when all guilds were literally throwing themselves at each raid night after night in order to progress. Why spend an hour or two getting world buffs when you've only got the current boss to 60%, and when you do beat it you might wipe on the next trash pack.

D) Full consumes - flasks, quest consumables etc

• 2Like
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Reasons for this:

A) Classic launched with all classes in their "end of Vanilla state" - with 1.12 talents. Compared to Vanilla when classes were adjusted throughout the games lifecycle

B) 15 years of knowledge means players know what their BIS items, best talent specs, how much hit they need, how much weapon skill they need. All of this makes fury much more viable.

C) World Buff meta is another insane power spike to Fury. Pointless spending hours getting world buffs and staying raid logged when all guilds were literally throwing themselves at each raid night after night in order to progress. Why spend an hour or two getting world buffs when you've only got the current boss to 60%, and when you do beat it you might wipe on the next trash pack.

D) Full consumes - flasks, quest consumables etc

A) Sure fair enough.

B-D) Fuck off with this bullshit, I know you and your private server buddies didn't know this stuff in Vanilla and jerk each other off over how you figured it out 10 years later, but serious radiers knew all this stuff back then.

Our guild main tank would dual wield Thuderfury with something else as there was a point where generating more threat was more important than the extra mitigation from late Prot talents and a Sheild. Depended on which boss we were progressing on.

We had best in slot lists, recommended specs and hit% requirements. Just like we have today.

We started raid evenings off getting Onyxia and Zul'Gurub buffs. Everyone had their consumable lists to get. Sometimes we would port out of the raid when we had learned the tactics and go get those buffs for the extra little boost we needed to get the kill.

Please don't feed this cunt misinformation, Fury Tanks existed in Vanilla. He's been told this multiple times.

Chris

Potato del Grande
And everyone played with controllers!!!
Just because I have a relaxed adult setup on my sofa with my wife next to me nowadays doesn't mean that I wasn't a parent's basement dwelling virgin doing things properly in Vanilla!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So you finally admit you're doing things improperly now. It's nice to see people come to their senses

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A) Sure fair enough.

B-D) Fuck off with this bullshit, I know you and your private server buddies didn't know this stuff in Vanilla and jerk each other off over how you figured it out 10 years later, but serious radiers knew all this stuff back then.

Our guild main tank would dual wield Thuderfury with something else as there was a point where generating more threat was more important than the extra mitigation from late Prot talents and a Sheild. Depended on which boss we were progressing on.

We had best in slot lists, recommended specs and hit% requirements. Just like we have today.

We started raid evenings off getting Onyxia and Zul'Gurub buffs. Everyone had their consumable lists to get. Sometimes we would port out of the raid when we had learned the tactics and go get those buffs for the extra little boost we needed to get the kill.

Please don't feed this cunt misinformation, Fury Tanks existed in Vanilla. He's been told this multiple times.

If there were any top tier DW fury tanks in Vanilla, they had to be pretty rare. I, also, don't remember ever seeing a DW "fury" tank, in progression, in Vanilla. At least in the two top 30 guilds on my server.

Our officers would talk with other top guilds, such as Death and Taxes, and I would imagine that would have been a big topic of conversation, if anyone was duel wielding instead of using a shield (for progression).

The only thing I really remember Vanilla fury for, was lolFury being a meme spec for standing in fire to get rage...

The other stuff I agree with though. Everyone was using full consumables, and world buffs (when available). Occasionally, on progression, we would wait until we had a sub 15% pull, then run to get world buffs, but herding 40 people to do this would take forever.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If there were any top tier DW fury tanks in Vanilla, they had to be pretty rare. I, also, don't remember ever seeing a DW "fury" tank, in progression, in Vanilla. At least in the two top 30 guilds on my server.

Our officers would talk with other top guilds, such as Death and Taxes, and I would imagine that would have been a big topic of conversation, if anyone was duel wielding instead of using a shield (for progression).

The only thing I really remember Vanilla fury for, was lolFury being a meme spec for standing in fire to get rage...

The other stuff I agree with though. Everyone was using full consumables, and world buffs (when available). Occasionally, on progression, we would wait until we had a sub 15% pull, then run to get world buffs, but herding 40 people to do this would take forever.
I can't actually remember if dual wield was for progression or farming, I do remember it was for generating more threat when the DPS were well geared so maybe I'm wrong and it was just a farming thing when we outgeared the content.

If it was viable for any bosses then I don't see why it wouldn't have happened. You would have multiple tanks in a 40 man raid so at least someone would be an offtank with Fury so they could DPS on bosses that didn't need multiple tanks and still have relevant talents for 1H and sheild.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
A) Sure fair enough.

Our fucking GM main tank ran fury prot for extra threat all the way through Nefarian at least. Not sure what he's smoking.

• 2Like

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Our fucking GM main tank ran fury prot for extra threat all the way through Nefarian at least. Not sure what he's smoking.
What a crock of shit. Can someone here show me a single fucking video of a dual wield fury tank in any of the 59 guilds that actually cleared Naxx Pre-BC. We cleared everything but 4 Horse, Saph, and KT which was more than most given how many guilds were dying off and our problem wasn't threat generation I can assure you of that. How many warlocks did you see using Bloodvine before WoW classic over their other sets? How many people knew the value of weapon skill in Vanilla? I recall Edgemasters sub 50 gold if not cheaper.... Please spare me the bullshit that the game was completely figured out. How many 40 minute AQ/BWL runs did you see pre-TBC?

My other post with shitty analogies may have come across convoluted, but regardless the game is watered down shit where you play wack-a-mole with bullshit abilities like Hot streak, etc. The pacing, itemization, and depth to the game was far superior WOTLK and back. I find myself wondering how great this game could be if they stayed true to that pacing of combat with talents and actual interesting itemization before they handed out epics like fucking candy with slightly better stats depending on the difficulty of your instance....

I had over a year of actual fucking play time before TBC even launched as a warrior, so I have a feeling I knew the game pretty fucking well for the era... Shit me and some guildies attended the first Blizzcon and most the fucking retards there were more concerned about Paladin tanking than anything else.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Did I say he ran double thunder fury? No, he just ran fury/prot with a sword and board. He was a gnome, so it's not like there was some extreme min/maxing, it was done mostly for pvp viability. We ran Curse of Recklessness, and I was an Arcane Power mage that pulled threat on occasion. Our main dps warrior was def sporting edgemasters and we did know the importance of a lot of shit. Back then we played from 5pm-3am every day, all day on weekends.

The most extreme thing we ever did was turn in an Onxyia head when we'd get to 20-30% on a pull, or get the Fire Resist buff off the Priest inside UBRS. Irony of the Ony head was we'd usually wipe, then do it one more time and for some reason sync up and get the kill.

We had 2 warlocks for summoning, CoE and CoR... and one was a raging drunk who was sporting greens.

The game was a lot different before 1.12, too. Before DM or even Maraudon.

You can circle jerk yourselves off with how proficient you've gotten at taking down an entire raid in 20 minutes, but a lot of that shit was lining up 15 years ago. With way, way fewer people playing.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Did I say he ran double thunder fury? No, he just ran fury/prot with a sword and board. He was a gnome, so it's not like there was some extreme min/maxing, it was done mostly for pvp viability. We ran Curse of Recklessness, and I was an Arcane Power mage that pulled threat on occasion. Our main dps warrior was def sporting edgemasters and we did know the importance of a lot of shit. Back then we played from 5pm-3am every day, all day on weekends.

The most extreme thing we ever did was turn in an Onxyia head when we'd get to 20-30% on a pull, or get the Fire Resist buff off the Priest inside UBRS. Irony of the Ony head was we'd usually wipe, then do it one more time and for some reason sync up and get the kill.

We had 2 warlocks for summoning, CoE and CoR... and one was a raging drunk who was sporting greens.

The game was a lot different before 1.12, too. Before DM or even Maraudon.

You can circle jerk yourselves off with how proficient you've gotten at taking down an entire raid in 20 minutes, but a lot of that shit was lining up 15 years ago. With way, way fewer people playing.
Yeah cool sounds like moving goal posts. A fuck ton of poor people specced into fury/arms with enough in prot to get extra armor, defiance and a point in improved shield block. Not a fucking shocker, but you didn't see anyone running around with two 1 handers dual wield tanking EVER... Far as mages pulling agro pretty much only happened on Alliance side if they attacked to hard to early, or caught the rolling ignite for to long...

We used World Buffs on Loatheb as well it wasn't some super genius move, but at the same time it was basically "Hey guys Loatheb sucks, lets save Hakkar Heart, and Ony head to make it easier." We didn't fucking mandate consumables, go to Dire Maul, or get Songflower from Felwood, etc. Nobody did that I recall...

The primary point is that Blizzard continually waters down shit under the pretense that nobody ever even uses the other choices. That is total bullshit, and the real reason they don't want talents is because they have to do a lot more to balance the game as well as code extra abilities/talents that may not get used as much as others... Every single fucking change they have made boils down to making it easier for them to balance the game and develop it. I don't believe for one minute they thought the watering down of items or skills was "more fun" for the player. It was strictly a cost/time savings measures for themselves and sold to us as something better.

The mere fucking fact subs PEAKED during WOTLK and have done nothing but decrease shows you that the game went to shit after that expansion...

I can also tell you I read elitist jerks religiously back then which was the primary theory crafting site, and not a single player would be caught fucking dead wearing edge masters.

Chris

Potato del Grande
People didn't know the value of weapon skill? People min maxed the race of their characters to get the +5 weapon skill racials, then factored that into how much hit they needed on their gear.

Just because you fucking sucked and were dead weight your guild had to carry, doesn't mean that everyone else was like that.

Next we'll be told about how only modern classic players and private server autists made Dwarf Priests for Fear Ward.

• 1NPC
Reactions: 1 user

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
People didn't know the value of weapon skill? People min maxed the race of their characters to get the +5 weapon skill racials, then factored that into how much hit they needed on their gear.

Just because you fucking sucked and were dead weight your guild had to carry, doesn't mean that everyone else was like that.

Next we'll be told about how only modern classic players and private server autists made Dwarf Priests for Fear Ward.
LoL. Aren't you the guy arguing a controller is just as effective? I won the Test of Honor (WoW) tabard when the fucking honor system was introduced. I was Gladiator the very first arena season ever. I was main tank for 90% of Vanilla and we were server first for EVERYTHING on our server... I was renowned on my server years AFTER vanilla ended even though my playtime dropped drastically. You're just some fucking nobody who clearly didn't play. Remind me of a buddy I got in to WoW who told me a controller was the LEETEST until he saw me physically play and realized how total shit it was.

Chris

Potato del Grande
LoL. Aren't you the guy arguing a controller is just as effective? I won the Test of Honor (WoW) tabard when the fucking honor system was introduced. I was Gladiator the very first arena season ever. I was main tank for 90% of Vanilla and we were server first for EVERYTHING on our server... I was renowned on my server years AFTER vanilla ended even though my playtime dropped drastically. You're just some fucking nobody who clearly didn't play. Remind me of a buddy I got in to WoW who told me a controller was the LEETEST until he saw me physically play and realized how total shit it was.
And you didn't know what weapon skill did? That's embarassing, must have been a shitty server.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
And you didn't know what weapon skill did? That's embarassing, must have been a shitty server.
You can embellish all you want bro. I have a feeling you weren't even around in Vanilla. Nobody was using + weapon skill. Not a single fucking raider in the world was server firsting anything with edgemasters lol. Must be a pretty fucking shit game now if you want chill with a controller. I take it you don't PVP though?

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Our rogues and warriors were consciously capping weapon skill in Molten core for dps and our MT was a 1h/shield fury/prot because most of the later parts of prot tree weren't really that great compared to extra threat from fury. Since we didn't have paladins with their OP threat blessings, we actually had to worry about such things.