World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So how many of you guys are still playing? Or did this shit die faster than BFA?

Still messing around, but I'm probably just going to finish the Twisting Corridors (when I can actually stomach doing another couple 18 floor runs) and then decide what's up. Without new campaign stuff the whole weekly treadmill is just whatever. I like that I don't have to do much, but there also isn't much other stuff that you want to do (but don't have to).

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm mostly sticking around to raise my sanctum to max, because the catchup for that would be a real pita.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
They really dropped the renown granted from 3 a week to 2 just to stretch out the unlocks for the silly crap? Cripes.

No joke, I bought one of the LOTRO expansions since Shadowlands launched. I log in on a single character every couple days to knock out some callings, maybe hit the Maw (finished with Ash from Torghast), and do that character's faction weekly (Venthyr Ember Court)... and that's it. Since he's Venthyr, the table is basically ignored, and as soon as my sub ends, so will this expansion for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They really dropped the renown granted from 3 a week to 2 just to stretch out the unlocks for the silly crap? Cripes.

No joke, I bought one of the LOTRO expansions since Shadowlands launched. I log in on a single character every couple days to knock out some callings, maybe hit the Maw (finished with Ash from Torghast), and do that character's faction weekly (Venthyr Ember Court)... and that's it. Since he's Venthyr, the table is basically ignored, and as soon as my sub ends, so will this expansion for me.

Well one of the Renown each week was coming from completing Campaign chapter. Those are done now. Hilarious there's what, 8 more weeks of this for all the unlocks?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Still messing around, but I'm probably just going to finish the Twisting Corridors (when I can actually stomach doing another couple 18 floor runs) and then decide what's up. Without new campaign stuff the whole weekly treadmill is just whatever. I like that I don't have to do much, but there also isn't much other stuff that you want to do (but don't have to).

I'm done with PVE for the most part. I have 4 60's 2 end-game.

I need to see a significant balancing patch now that the Arena tournament is over. (Post-Tourney is when passes traditionally happen)

Don't care what they pick. Ass rogue rework, Fury rework, Havoc DH talent rework, Warlock, etc.

Don't want to see any nerfs in the post-Arena tournament balancing pass. I need to see all positive changes and creativity to continue to play in good faith.

If Blizz doesn't deliver to some of the under-performing specs something meaningful, or if they do another 5% damage increase or anything like that, I'm gone.

It's an ultimatum for me.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't care about Ret, I don't care about sub rogue, and I don't care about ww monks.

I won't roll a 5th alt just to compete in the end-game (which is PvP).

They have 7 or 8 specs they can tune up. Tune anything up or show me some creativity or ingenuity and I'll continue playing. Just need a sign they're paying attention.

Any further % based tuning, and I'm out.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just kind of fuck around doing the weeklies and Torghast, but that's it. I switched covenants so playing a little bit more to recover, but no real reason for it.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Still playing but that’s almost entirely due to the fact that I haven’t played retail since early cata. I’ll probably last until I am doing +15s, or a new raid releases and it’s not as good as Nathria. The settings/themes of the other zones don’t interest me at all.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I actually felt fairly confident that something would be added this week with respect to the main table area of Oribos that would kick off another multi-week drip of story / Torghast content. Nope. It really does look like there is 8 weeks left of Renown farming on Tuesday after reset and then absolutely nothing left.

Anyone who resubbed on the day that Shadowlands launched has their sub ending in a couple days. You would think that Blizz would dangle a fresh new carrot in front of them as they reach for the cancel button. Instead the current launcher is hawking some 6 month sub that awards you some godawful fairy thing.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I need to time a +15 Necrotic Wake for Keystone master achiev, then I'll probably do arenas and maybe try the mythic raid. I just find it a bit lame that half my gear will be 226 before I start mythic raiding. I'm not sure I'll have enough motivation to raid. I have really enjoyed the expansion overall. M+ really did it for me. I have good hopes eventually for arenas, but it requires so much game knowledge/investment to enjoy.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
I need to time a +15 Necrotic Wake for Keystone master achiev, then I'll probably do arenas and maybe try the mythic raid. I just find it a bit lame that half my gear will be 226 before I start mythic raiding. I'm not sure I'll have enough motivation to raid. I have really enjoyed the expansion overall. M+ really did it for me. I have good hopes eventually for arenas, but it requires so much game knowledge/investment to enjoy.
Did you guys do heroic CN yet? we just got sire down and are starting mythic , its been fun progressing in my casual dad guild, raid 2 nights a week , one day to do my TG runs and a high key or two , its the perfect amount of gameplay for me , leaves time to play othyer games with friends , nothing i NEED to grind for player power , im enjoying the expansion overall , tho there is of course a long list of things they could improve, as always.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Did you guys do heroic CN yet? we just got sire down and are starting mythic , its been fun progressing in my casual dad guild, raid 2 nights a week , one day to do my TG runs and a high key or two , its the perfect amount of gameplay for me , leaves time to play othyer games with friends , nothing i NEED to grind for player power , im enjoying the expansion overall , tho there is of course a long list of things they could improve, as always.
I puged everything up to heroic sire D. I stopped at sire D after a few bad experiences (I felt like I would waste lot of time trying to pug him). I will def give it another try soon for aotc. I'm doing the 10 +14 per week, 2 torghast, and some pvp for conquest. Since I'm a healer I don't waste too much time finding groups.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It is fucking laughable how little loot drops in raids.

In my alt guild, 24 people spend 2 weeks doing heroic Sludgefist progression so they can get 3 items.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is fucking laughable how little loot drops in raids.

In my alt guild, 24 people spend 2 weeks doing heroic Sludgefist progression so they can get 3 items.
I'm not even playing and I'll still take this over how loot worked in BFA.

• 1Dislike

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ilevel 171 Boomkin total dps for instance 2.8k

Fire mage 198 ilevel dps 1.7k

30 ilevel gap and inverted gap on dps.

Raid parses show a similar phenomenon.

Who will stop these boomkin?

• 1Picard