World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1.7k dps overall is very low even for 198 ilvl.

no question about that, but he hit 16k dps on a boss at 171 ilevel.

only on 1 out of 4 bosses. but still, thats way out of line. the fact hes in a 7 key at 171 ilevel or got invited at all says enough.

a 170 shouldnt be getting invited to moderate level keys that are 190+ restricted typically for every other class.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck boomkins. I don’t play arena more than ultra casual but when I see them I might as well afk out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
The system they have now would be fine if they had the reroll coins from BFA.

I wasn't playing BFA but did they explain why they removed those? Sure I got jack shit most of the time in Legion with em but they were atleast a shot to get something

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they added the vault concept instead, kill x number of raid bosses at different levels, earn honor in rated pvp activities, complete x number of mythic dungeons, etc.

For raid and dungeons, the rewards increase based on number of bosses you kill and level of mythic you complete. However I still think you can only pick one item no matter how many of the criteria you complete, but I could be wrong about that.

So yeah, instead of being able to coin every boss once a week (depending on how many coins you have), you can pick one randomly generated item from the vault based on your weekly progress.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
And when you go a whole week of grinding Mythics+ and raiding to only come up with MAAAYYBE 2 to 3 upgrades over the course of that week, shit is disheartening and you feel like you have hit a wall.

This is why I basically play only RBG now. You get the initial 200 ilvl item, and you upgrade it as you get better rating and the points you spend on it is honor.

Yes Arena & RBG are frustrating too, but the carrot at the end of that stick is a lot more fulfilling that what you get in PVE. Period.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And when you go a whole week of grinding Mythics+ and raiding to only come up with MAAAYYBE 2 to 3 upgrades over the course of that week, shit is disheartening and you feel like you have hit a wall.

This is why I basically play only RBG now. You get the initial 200 ilvl item, and you upgrade it as you get better rating and the points you spend on it is honor.

Yes Arena & RBG are frustrating too, but the carrot at the end of that stick is a lot more fulfilling that what you get in PVE. Period.
RBGs are actually the most fun content right now, and a great way to fill my pvp vault, but I still can't break 1600 rating and I'm getting close to the 2100 tier in 2s so not a good way to actually gear. I feel like the rating algo for RBG rating gain is a little off.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Preach said on one of his videos that the loot drops seem like the WoW teams own science experiment. To me, its a valid theory that this is all a structured way to manipulate the user base. They let loot get to obnoxious levels over the last several expansions, and now they strip it down to the bone. The next major patch, our loot drops will sky rocket up in comparison to what we have now, but wont be near as much as it was before the expansion. Then the following patch, they'll decrease loot levels again, and bounce that back and forth until they are at a drop rate that they find is suitable enough to keep people subscribed and doing content but not to the point where people find loot meaningless. The changes will be good in my mind, but Im not sure I want to be around while the experiment is happening.

Im playing less and less, and eventually Ill finish all four covenants with a FOTM class respective to each covenant and quit till more content comes out in 9.1. Similar to how I play FFXIV. I think the Night Fae campaign was very shit tier in comparison to the Kyrian campaign. Seems Im not alone in this opinion after looking it up, but at least I read that Necrolord and Venthyr campaigns are better than Night Fae. Im done with Torghast and the Maw, and even though I never had a real high desire for cosmetics in the beginning.. I just dont care enough to collect the rest. Raider.io for Mythic+ and Raiding has either lost its appeal or never had one at all this expansion for me with the loot drop rate being so abysmal.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Pretty upset I must change from venthyr to kyrian this late in the game if I want to be competitive at high rating with holy pal.

I really do not want to slog through the catch up. Will probably settle for quitting before I ever get the energy to reroll covenants

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Daidraco

Pretty upset I must change from venthyr to kyrian this late in the game if I want to be competitive at high rating with holy pal.

I really do not want to slog through the catch up. Will probably settle for quitting before I ever get the energy to reroll covenants
Getting your soul bind gems up may be the only real downside to it, otherwise its just a few hours of quests. The rest is all cosmetic.

Merrith

Preach said on one of his videos that the loot drops seem like the WoW teams own science experiment. To me, its a valid theory that this is all a structured way to manipulate the user base. They let loot get to obnoxious levels over the last several expansions, and now they strip it down to the bone. The next major patch, our loot drops will sky rocket up in comparison to what we have now, but wont be near as much as it was before the expansion. Then the following patch, they'll decrease loot levels again, and bounce that back and forth until they are at a drop rate that they find is suitable enough to keep people subscribed and doing content but not to the point where people find loot meaningless. The changes will be good in my mind, but Im not sure I want to be around while the experiment is happening.

Im playing less and less, and eventually Ill finish all four covenants with a FOTM class respective to each covenant and quit till more content comes out in 9.1. Similar to how I play FFXIV. I think the Night Fae campaign was very shit tier in comparison to the Kyrian campaign. Seems Im not alone in this opinion after looking it up, but at least I read that Necrolord and Venthyr campaigns are better than Night Fae. Im done with Torghast and the Maw, and even though I never had a real high desire for cosmetics in the beginning.. I just dont care enough to collect the rest. Raider.io for Mythic+ and Raiding has either lost its appeal or never had one at all this expansion for me with the loot drop rate being so abysmal.

There were parts of the Night Fae campaign that were okay, but I agree most of it was very underwhelming. The Night Warrior stuff was basically like "yeah others have been it, too, and one couple shared the power between them". Not much of a reveal. All the Drust stuff seemed vanilla and inevitable. The confirmation of who told Vol'jin to make Sylvanas warchief was about the only decent lore reveal.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

I switched covenants and its had some ups-and-downs. I lost all my stored anima in the covenant tank - that sucked. However, the items I had on me that I hadn't deposited, I kept. I didn't upgrade all my gear before I did, which sucks because apparently now that my Renown was reset, it wouldn't let me upgrade the pieces anymore.

I lost most of my mission table roster, however I did keep Croman and Meatball. They have both made it easier to crush some low level missions to boost my other guys. Some questing and Torghast runs, I got a bunch of replacements. I also got some missions with items to give a few thousand experience to one follower.

As for Renown, there's the usual weekly stuff, but there's been some catch-up mechanics. Apparently raids and dungeons can give it to ya. I haven't done those really, so I can't vouch on it. However, other dailies and quests did offer points of Renown from time to time. I'm not back to where I was, but I'm slowly making it back. I'd probably be better off if I actually tried.

If you plan on doing it, you might want to prep for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

After thinking about it - FFXIV Shadowbringers had four different quest lines for Tank, Caster, Healer and Physical DPS (iirc). Im curious if Covenants was Blizz trying to take that idea and expand on it? But then again, its not like role related quests are new.. so who knows. Ive just picked up on a lot of similarities to Shadowbringers in this WoW expansion, the name being the obvious one.

As far as Renown - I got renown on the druid from the usual sources, the world boss, a dungeon, an elite non WB Quest and a daily Covenant Calling (as far as random sources are considered). Last week was when I hit 60 on the Druid, it went all the way up to Renown 15 before stopping for the week. This week, I was able to get all the way up to Chapter 8/9 before any stopped dropping (Which I believe is 20? I cant login atm). The catchup mechanic is suppose to scale up until you're caught up. So Im sure the max this week for first time 60's will be something like 18, for example. Which should be the same for Covenant switching.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
There were parts of the Night Fae campaign that were okay, but I agree most of it was very underwhelming. The Night Warrior stuff was basically like "yeah others have been it, too, and one couple shared the power between them". Not much of a reveal. All the Drust stuff seemed vanilla and inevitable. The confirmation of who told Vol'jin to make Sylvanas warchief was about the only decent lore reveal.

Night Fae campaign was alright until they made me go rescue Night Elf souls in the Maw, and tried to make it feel like I was sorry for committing war crimes.

Screw that. I didn't burn you alive in your dumb tree, only to rescue your souls later. Eat shit Night Elves. Nobody likes you.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Rescuing Jaina after she tried to kill me in MoP and then again in BfA was a sore spot.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Night Fae campaign was alright until they made me go rescue Night Elf souls in the Maw, and tried to make it feel like I was sorry for committing war crimes.

Screw that. I didn't burn you alive in your dumb tree, only to rescue your souls later. Eat shit Night Elves. Nobody likes you.

Those quests are so worthless, too. Minor gold reward and nothing else.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1611295038923.png

7th week runs are in. Following up as predicted and stated, boomkin continues to trend upward in 15-20 keys.

This marks a trend from the previous update which had MM more dominant. The graph now favors Boomkins and fire mage over MM in average 20's, which of course indicates that MM is not really meta, MM is strong and simply just popular, as we can observe the share of MM runs in decline as boomkins and fire mages both continue to trend upward as MM share begins to wane a bit.

Although in the top runs MM maintains its dominance, but is fading week after week-- as I predicted.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Watching the MDI (M+ competition), every team has a fire mage, haven't seen a boomkin or a MM. Looks like disc priest is being played (NE with shadowmeld). Is disc better than resto druid for those massive MDI pulls? Monk and unholy dk also very popular.