World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Probably 9.3.5, realistically.

and that ties into the next expansion, "World of Warcraft: Rise of N'Zoth" where they release the game on mobile and console to 'fit the ever-evolving market' or some other buzzword.
"don't you all have consoles?"

Juvarisx

Florida
L O FUCKING L - You know what this game needed more retarded system bullshit. Get fucked retards.

PvP Item Levels in Chains of Domination

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
In Shadowlands, we’ve been happy to see that the reintroduction of Honor, Conquest, and PvP gear vendors has been well-received by players. Nonetheless, we feel that there is still room for improvement. One piece of feedback we’ve heard repeatedly is that PvP gear needs something special for it to stand apart in PvP specific situations.

In an upcoming build of the Chains of Domination PTR, you will notice that all Season 2 PvP items have +13 item levels in PvP. This means that in PvP situations (such as battlegrounds, arenas, and war mode), the power of these items will increase by 13 item levels. Along with this, the baseline item level of these items will be reduced by 6 from where it would have otherwise been.

If this arrangement had been in place during Shadowlands Season 1, Duelist gear would have had a baseline item level of 220 and would have scaled up to item level 233 in Season 1 PvP.

What we want here is for the different endgame sources of gear to be viable in all content, while the very best gear for PvP generally comes from PvP activities, and the very best gear for raids and dungeons generally comes from raids and dungeons. We believe this small adjustment gets us closer to accomplishing that, while still allowing for plenty of crossover play between PvE and PvP.

This is how it was in WoD, i remember people actually liking that it worked that way, you just couldn't use the shit in PvE which is fine with me.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
L O FUCKING L - You know what this game needed more retarded system bullshit.
For once I agree with you.

This is the dumbest most ass-backwards way of fixing a non-problem I've ever seen.

"OH NOES, PvP IS POPULAR and RBGs are actually firing consistently BECAUSE THE REWARD SYSTEM ISN'T SHIT FOR ONCE, BETTER FIX THAT."

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I always thought it was one of their better ideas to have PVP gear with PVP stats be dogshit in PVE.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
we’ve been happy to see that the reintroduction of Honor, Conquest, and PvP gear vendors has been well-received by players.
I like how they weasel around with the words, like it was their idea in the first place and not the playerbase screaming at them that their "new" system of gear acquisition was pants-on-head backwards and that they want the old system back.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For once I agree with you.

This is the dumbest most ass-backwards way of fixing a non-problem I've ever seen.

"OH NOES, PvP IS POPULAR and RBGs are actually firing consistently BECAUSE THE REWARD SYSTEM ISN'T SHIT FOR ONCE, BETTER FIX THAT."

It was a problem indirectly because of M+ shit being a problem, and the gap between heroic raid gear and what people were getting elsewhere. But, if they actually had everything working well instead of just PVP early on, it probably wouldn't have been an issue at all. That said, kinda makes sense that pvp gear should be best in pvp, and not pve.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It was a problem indirectly because of M+ shit being a problem, and the gap between heroic raid gear and what people were getting elsewhere. But, if they actually had everything working well instead of just PVP early on, it probably wouldn't have been an issue at all. That said, kinda makes sense that pvp gear should be best in pvp, and not pve.
It's still stupid that PvP is effectively nerfed in Torghast and if you want to do some keys with friends when you're not PvPing.

Juvarisx

Florida
considering you can do layer 8's with 184 ilvl im sure torghast will be just fine. Also what's the issue with having a pvp set of gear and a pve set? Anyways if you look at the chart, the current scaling makes almost no diff, a 226 pvp item is now 220 in pve and 233 in pvp. You can easially do keys with 220+, it just wont be the BEST PvE gear which is the damn point

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Also what's the issue with having a pvp set of gear and a pve set?
Should raid gear be more effective in raids and less effective in mythic dungeons and vice versa?

What's the issue with loot just being loot?

Making it more difficult for crossover players to crossover is stupid. Making completely arbitrary systems like this is also stupid.

But my main complaint is that it will lower the PvP population, which means Alliance will have less people to queue with, which will cause a downward spiral for Alliance. Right now, despite the pop imbalance, Alliance has a critical mass in group finder to do most activities even at off-hours.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
torghast is such a joke now, though, does it really matter?
For some classes its a joke.

You have no idea how it'll get tuned next season.

Obviously not a big deal, but a nerf is a nerf.

I'm not giving Blizzard any more of my money for WoW. I might keep my sub active with gold, but fuck their stupid design decisions getting them any more of my money. WoW has nothing but a net negative impact on my life which is why I stopped playing for 8 years.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Committed
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The change would make a little more sense if your end-of-week PvP items were a tier higher than your normal rating, like how it works for M+.

Fucker

Log Wizard
For some classes its a joke.

You have no idea how it'll get tuned next season.

Obviously not a big deal, but a nerf is a nerf.

I'm not giving Blizzard any more of my money for WoW. I might keep my sub active with gold, but fuck their stupid design decisions getting them any more of my money. WoW has nothing but a net negative impact on my life which is why I stopped playing for 8 years.
j.gif

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Should raid gear be more effective in raids and less effective in mythic dungeons and vice versa?

What's the issue with loot just being loot?

Making it more difficult for crossover players to crossover is stupid. Making completely arbitrary systems like this is also stupid.

But my main complaint is that it will lower the PvP population, which means Alliance will have less people to queue with, which will cause a downward spiral for Alliance. Right now, despite the pop imbalance, Alliance has a critical mass in group finder to do most activities even at off-hours.

raid and mythic dungeons are both pve, so could make sense they don't change in those setting, but would in pvp.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm pretty sure WoW is a study to see how much shit their playbase will take and still play the game.

Here's Mist reading upcoming change list

hert.gif

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Eh I was already just logging in to do 1 M+ a week and playing with my mission table, I don't think I'll miss WoW.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users