World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They should just let all characters use all gathering professions. The way things are currently set up only encourages bots/boxers.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I can't ever go back to retail WoW as long as there's daily chores to progress.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

They should just let all characters use all gathering professions. The way things are currently set up only encourages bots/boxers.

They need to pull a FF14 and let you be all gatherers and crafters on one character. Adds more content, but i suspect there is some hard coded shit that might make that difficult

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They need to pull a FF14 and let you be all gatherers and crafters on one character. Adds more content, but i suspect there is some hard coded shit that might make that difficult
I said that about how they should handle covenants. You want to represent Kyrian, use that gem. Want to rep Vent? Use that gem. Like others have said, if they are all open - then this expansions lack of content would be mildly better. Especially if they either drop Anima costs significantly or increase the drop rate. As greedy as they are about cash shop though, I could never see them actively going after a 1 character any class standard like FFXIV though.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Crafting being much more rewarding and proper servers would create a lot more player generated content fighting gathering nodes.

WoW never got crafting right. You run a Mythic Dungeon and randomly get an upgrade, but you can't craft equivalent stuff spending more time in the game world?

I don't know, maybe you can. I gave up on Tailoring in WotLK.

• 1Like

Daidraco

There answer right now to those specific professions was to create a spec required armor piece thats needed for the Legendary. Nothing else in the crafters tool kit except engineers port shit is even remotely relevant to current content. Those people end up in an endless pattern of spending money to level those patterns to progress to the next tier. From a dev standpoint, it was the easiest piece of profession requirement work that they've probably ever done.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, professions, like everything else in the game, had been balanced down to who gives a shit territory for a while anyway. Now it's just for gold.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
There answer right now to those specific professions was to create a spec required armor piece thats needed for the Legendary. Nothing else in the crafters tool kit except engineers port shit is even remotely relevant to current content. Those people end up in an endless pattern of spending money to level those patterns to progress to the next tier. From a dev standpoint, it was the easiest piece of profession requirement work that they've probably ever done.
Oh yeah I just bought the piece off the AH for my legendary, thrilling!!

I'm of the opinion that all gear should be crafted with raid bosses dropping mats and recipes.

• 1Dislike

Cybsled

Problem is WoW crafting is binary: you either have the skill level to craft, or you don’t. The only difficult aspect to crafting is getting your skill points high enough and if you have the materials.

I do agree that putting recipes and materials for cutting edge raid gear is a good idea. Or even crafted transmog shit - half the reason people chase that carrot is to look different.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
They can only do/scan so much on your computer. Especially when you start taking steps to actively avoid Warden. Boxing will still fall back on the players to report them. I would rather a boxer spam certain herbs in Shadowlands and gut the value of them rather than buying them at some obscene gold price. So unless theyre actively shitting on me - I just dont care.

Honestly think they just needed an excuse to outright ban anyone engaging in multi clienting. It's blatantly obvious when it happens, and this is the scorched earth solution to accept player reports about it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
ban anyone engaging in multi clienting
But at the same time Blizzard would lose a portion of their revenue.

Also, I have a suspicion that the WoW ingame economy only somehow worked until now because it was designed for botting/multiboxing and cheap materials.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The WoW economy doesn’t have to work. They just need to keep the demand for gold high and most players poor. That drives token sales.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
That drives token sales.
But Blizzard always pretended that players buy those tokens, and that the gold for those tokens comes from them. They would have to admit that Blizzard flat out creates the gold out of nowhere, which leads to further inflation of the prices.

Maybe the WoW economy is just like the real one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Last time I sold a WoW token, I almost immediately got the gold. Where as Krono in EverQuest for example, even if you're bottom of the barrel in platinum price.. its going to take a few minutes at minimum.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Problem is WoW crafting is binary: you either have the skill level to craft, or you don’t. The only difficult aspect to crafting is getting your skill points high enough and if you have the materials.

I do agree that putting recipes and materials for cutting edge raid gear is a good idea. Or even crafted transmog shit - half the reason people chase that carrot is to look different.
Would Warforging be good if gear was from crafting, most people could craft the regular items but those with higher skill could proc Warforged or Titanforged versions at a higher rate? Or could add a wider variety of secondary stats?

Throw a crafting minigame in there too, maybe you have to beat an elemental to forge an item, doing it quickly without taking damage means more proc chance.

Just a few quick ideas. I feel like there are a lot of options but the system has never been explored in any depth.

Nah let's have a faction just throw epics at you for renown and minimal effort, much better!

Daidraco

I dont want more RNG, I want less. Give the professions the ability to make an entire suit of armor with tailored stats. The player can only equip one, or two pieces of crafted gear at a time, per profession. The player gets a drop from Mythic Raids or dungeons that is able to be used to upgrade a piece of gear to the tier that drop was. Make it bind on equip. Is that really so hard?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
But at the same time Blizzard would lose a portion of their revenue.

Also, I have a suspicion that the WoW ingame economy only somehow worked until now because it was designed for botting/multiboxing and cheap materials.
Blizzard won't lose a portion of their revenue, compared to games like EQ which require you to do it to progress.
On the contrary, it will be another short term spike in revenue. You'll see banned botters make new accounts which, guess what, requires $$ to be spent.
This is why EQ bans accounts with high Krono counts and then unbans them and suddenly the whole amount of Krono is missing. It removes currency from the market and gets people to spend again. That, and EQ's players that cheat will continue to play. You can't remove the autism from those folks. They'll play on their friends' accounts or make a whole new persona.

Also; WoW's ingame economy won't slow down. Botters will continue to bot materials as they did before ISBoxer reached mass popularity. If anything, it may drive more folks to buy WoW tokens.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can't ever go back to retail WoW as long as there's daily chores to progress.

I can't keep up with weekly run costs (repairs and pots) with dailies. Even though they designed it to be possible, I just refuse to do it. It's uninspired and a waste of time.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Blizzard won't lose a portion of their revenue, compared to games like EQ which require you to do it to progress.
On the contrary, it will be another short term spike in revenue. You'll see banned botters make new accounts which, guess what, requires $$ to be spent.
This is why EQ bans accounts with high Krono counts and then unbans them and suddenly the whole amount of Krono is missing. It removes currency from the market and gets people to spend again. That, and EQ's players that cheat will continue to play. You can't remove the autism from those folks. They'll play on their friends' accounts or make a whole new persona.

Also; WoW's ingame economy won't slow down. Botters will continue to bot materials as they did before ISBoxer reached mass popularity. If anything, it may drive more folks to buy WoW tokens.
You would probably know better than most, I believe - for the True Box TLP thats coming up. What is the easiest way to control a second character on a second EQ machine w/o a high probability of a ban? Excluding using two mouse/kb setup to be specific.