World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

velk

Trakanon Raider
The couch
1622542188830.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well I mean it is like this weird spot where you make really good money, but not like travel the world in a yacht type money.. where you just kind of end up on the couch.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I mean it is like this weird spot where you make really good money, but not like travel the world in a yacht type money.. where you just kind of end up unemployed and farming krono on welfare

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Whelp, I finally did it. I uninstalled the game completely from my PC today. It felt good to do.

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Daidraco

Im more than positive theyre going to keep announcing 8.2 after 8.1. Then after the wait for 8.2 for several months, BAM! Instead of 8.2, an Expansion is announced! Tough when FPS GAAS titles are putting out more content than a f'n MMO.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Im more than positive theyre going to keep announcing 8.2 after 8.1. Then after the wait for 8.2 for several months, BAM! Instead of 8.2, an Expansion is announced! Tough when FPS GAAS titles are putting out more content than a f'n MMO.
You think there'll be a 8.2? They haven't set up any content for 8.2

They could do something stupid like have 8.2 be on the moon with Elune and waste material for an entire expansion (again).

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
The .2 raid needs to be a story setup for the .3 raid, that will set us up for the next expansion.

Thats how it SHOULD be. Like Nyalotha woulda been boss ass shit if Shadowlands was taking the fight to the void lords.

That said, in 9.1 we're taking out Sylvanas and most of the Jailer's minions, right? Still leaves a .2 raid on the Jailer himself.

Daidraco

8.2 announced at the expansion prelaunch patch and just a simple cinematic trailer of the Jailer and his horde find their way into Azeroth. Plenty of places Id love to see the story go, but I find it hard not to be pessimistic about WoW at this point.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its sad that there is zero indication that Blizz/Acti want to progress WoW from Azeroth. Lets have a true cataclysm that leads to WoW 2 (as if anyone at Blizz has an idea what that could be).

• 1Dislike

Rime

<Donor>
There will never, ever be a World of Warcraft 2.

Blizzard no longer takes chances. A second MMO in an already overly saturated market would be financial suicide, unless they could guarantee that they had bottled lightning again - which they cannot.

Anything they shat out would be a middling turd with a few corny-nuggets of good, drowned out by the froth of mediocrity and 'safe bets'.

Besides, to truly make a WoW2, they would have to shut down WoW1 or they would only serve to cannibalize their own audience. Shutting down WoW1 would make many people never touch another Blizzard/WoW title again.

The Age of Poopsockers and Hardcore people is mostly dead, with just a few small pockets of them clinging here and there.

• 1Like

Araxen

Its sad that there is zero indication that Blizz/Acti want to progress WoW from Azeroth. Lets have a true cataclysm that leads to WoW 2 (as if anyone at Blizz has an idea what that could be).

It would take them 20 years to create WoW 2. Blizzard has actually gotten slower over the years at creating entirely new games.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

an actual WoW 2 I would agree has little chance of happening. At best, maybe they might one day do a WoW: A Realm Reborn type deal, but even that isn't very likely.

Cybsled

Starcraft always seems to have the most "we're making a new game in a different genre" projects that died on the vine. Besides Ghost, it was revealed that there had been work on a Starcraft "Battlefield" type game that was canceled.

I honestly think their best bet is to make a Starcraft looter-shooter, like a Destiny/Outriders/etc.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Lets have a true cataclysm that leads to WoW 2 (as if anyone at Blizz has an idea what that could be).
Yes. And we would have the survivors in a wandering fleet of spacegoat ships trying to find an habitable world to settle on, and you'd be a trainee on one of those, taking missions and shit on potential planets.

(if you're unsure what I'm talking about, that's PSO2, by the way)

• 1Weird Boner

Dalien

Registered Hodor
We're never going to get a WoW 2 or really anything of value going forward as long as J. Allen and Ion are running the show. We've seen their shitshow for the past couple xpacs and all you can expect in future patches/xpacs is carefully metered "engagement" content based on metrics/timegating/monetization/etc.

Keep in mind that ever since J. Allen took over their company motto has gone from "make great games" to "we need to cut costs". Sadly all we're going to see from future Blizzard products is corners cut, everywhere they can.

I think the last new hope for a new fresh, polished MMO is if Mike Morhaime's new studio manages to catch lightning in a bottle again.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users