World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

joz123

Potato del Grande
So Ive been to tons of parties, friends, strangers, work golf outings, dating back to the fucking 80s. And honestly I have not seen people just groping other people at will. This is just strange and sounds so fucking fake.

But hey this is california were talking about.
I was born in Cali and lived there almost 30 years. I never saw any of this shit happen unless you were at parties and people got blacked out drunk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
In their defense they're not actually attention-whores per-se, they're just nerdy late-bloomers who were completely ignored in high school, where they sat at lunch with the other honor-roll girls who liked anime and cats, continued to be effectively invisible through most of college, and then entered the tech workforce where all you have to be is white-ish and not fat to be considered a solid 8 at a minimum. So they're experiencing attention reserved for attractive females for the first time ever, have no clue as to the context-sensitivity of it, and think its super awesome. So it's not that they're attention-whores, it's that they've been attention-starved their entire lives and have no way of processing or contextualizing all the newfound attention they're getting.
I mean there's some element of that but on the male end of the spectrum you have the nerdy guys who mean well but are just socially maladjusted and dont understand that there's a time and a place to talk about how much you like giant anime titty and your workplace isnt one of them and then there are the guys who were nerds because they sat at home and played video games instead of taking advantage of getting 15 year old cheerleaders drunk in high school...because they weren't cool enough to do it, not because they're against the idea (the guys taking advantage of the cheerleaders generally played video games too)

You mention the girls these types sat with in high school and the thing is we all know them. A fair amount are pretty chill and can operate in male dominated environments with little issue. There's a spectrum of "works well in these environs, maybe even better in them than in 50/50 or woman dominant environs" to the median type you were going for who maybe has gotten caught up in some unjust bullshit in especially bad workplaces that in this situation are probably the ones interviewing privately with the Govt of California about it but not spilling shit publicly and then there are the ones who both actively attract and sometimes create the problems themselves that I was going for, like for instance the one who said the full name on twitter of some chick she fought with at Blizzard because she reported her as a suicide threat and then was upset that reporting that episode up the chain to her fucking CEO didnt reflect well on her

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
conspiracy time.. as stupid as it sounds, and it sounds pretty stupid, do think perhaps Jeff was quietly ushered out the door to barely any acknowledgement from one of blizzard's flagship titles which he drove development on for a number of years, precisely because his name was BIG OLE TITTIES and they knew this would be brought up and it would be fucking ridiculous to have someone with this name and/or history high up in the company in the midst of a 2 year sexual law suit case involving the government?

In fact my brain can't even process the scene in a court room where Kaplan is on the stand and a suit from the government is questioning him saying 'and is TRUE you went by the nickname of BIG. OLE. TITTIES, Mr Kaplan sir?'

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
What a full circle huh?

Furor & Tigole ravage SOE for their end-game content, then they gain notoriety & function in Blizzard, then their lifestyles ate them alive.

What's next?

• 1Mother of God

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Company is dead anyway. They have no fucking talent left and those that are left are just gonna get eaten up by the mee too blue hairs. They have not put out anything good in years. And the shit they did put out was remakes of their old shit and Overwatch. Now they are remaking Diablo 2. Diablo 4 is in the works but who the fuck knows if it will be good or not. Past 5 yrs history says it will be more garbage. Wow is a sinking ship too. They gained a bit of nostalgia subbage with classic but their current wow is steaming pile.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Company is dead anyway. They have no fucking talent left and those that are left are just gonna get eaten up by the mee too blue hairs. They have not put out anything good in years. And the shit they did put out was remakes of their old shit and Overwatch. Now they are remaking Diablo 2. Diablo 4 is in the works but who the fuck knows if it will be good or not. Past 5 yrs history says it will be more garbage. Wow is a sinking ship too. They gained a bit of nostalgia subbage with classic but their current wow is steaming pile.
It's mind blowing to me that WoW was cancelled the weeks BEFORE the alligations just for being a shit game with a shit expansion and patch.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean Ive seen drunk fools hitting on chicks ands make them uncomfortable but they just push them away, and if it persists other dudes usually step in and manhandle the fucker out the door. But never fucking outright groping a them.
Like I mentioned a few pages ago I work at a company that's about 12 years old with less than 500 people stateside. The Austin office is maybe 200 people. We have been on tap and hard liquor on peoples' desks. There is absolutely a work hard play hard attitude there. There are absolutely lots of people banging others within the company.

However, this applies largely to our sales org which is on the much younger side. Turnover within sales is pretty common and top sales talent moves on in tech often anyway. I've never seen or heard about any relationships or behavior that would be largely inappropriate. Like a director fucking some interns and shit like that.

rad

Lord of Guk
Like I mentioned a few pages ago I work at a company that's about 12 years old with less than 500 people stateside. The Austin office is maybe 200 people. We have been on tap and hard liquor on peoples' desks. There is absolutely a work hard play hard attitude there. There are absolutely lots of people banging others within the company.

However, this applies largely to our sales org which is on the much younger side. Turnover within sales is pretty common and top sales talent moves on in tech often anyway. I've never seen or heard about any relationships or behavior that would be largely inappropriate. Like a director fucking some interns and shit like that.

I think sales in general is a different animal. You can bullshit the customer but when you directly touch the cheese, either deliver results or you're out the fucking door. I spent most of my 20's in some pretty crazy sales teams that made this crap look like school yard pattycake. But the men/women I worked with were fucking lions and you don't get far in sales being a victim.

When you get a critical mass of worthless chaff, people seek validation, so they place themselves in compromising positions. I've had female managers, peers, and direct reports. The ones who are talented share the same traits as their male counter parts, they know their worth, speak their mind and don't take shit.

I realize I'm painting with a broad brush here and I wasn't present for any of this alleged crap. I'm sure there is truth in some of those statements. But the single time I was called in regarding 'harassment' it was by a dude who told the team a story about a time he shit his pants and was upset people wouldn't let it go.... victimhood is one hell of a drug, also profitable, they settled with him for 500k over a self report poop joke after he went out on stress leave for a year.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
But the single time I was called in regarding 'harassment' it was by a dude who told the team a story about a time he shit his pants and was upset people wouldn't let it go.... victimhood is one hell of a drug, also profitable, they settled with him for 500k over a self report poop joke after he went out on stress leave for a year.
Laugh Lol GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
What’s the TLDR on this, is wow dead? Furor and Tig gone?
Blizzard staff have been quietly leaving for the last 2 years from the CEO down, some vanishing (Furor) and others (Morhaim, Metzen) founding new companies with the stated aim of having the original Blizzard spirit before corporate takeover and poaching their friends from Blizzard.

So WoW has been dying a slow death as the latest expansion and patch are low on content because they have inexperienced/incompetent staff, high on metric driving time gates from the new bosses and full of weird/fanboy lore from the new writers. They have also been doing the woke thing and alienating players and big streamers for being "problematic".

Now we know why this has all happened. They had been hiring attractive female staff to sexually harass and getting drunk at work (Furor). One female worker killed herself because they were harassing her and passing around her nudes.

So California has been suing them after a 2 year investigation, 2 years being the period of the mass exodus from the company. Safe bet that all the guys who left were implicated and forced out, rarher than it being creative differences like we previously thought.

I'll leave Final Fantasy 14 out of the TD:LR, but it's the recipient of the player exodus and is now the #1 MMO for these reasons and more.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Blizzard staff have been quietly leaving for the last 2 years from the CEO down, some vanishing (Furor) and others (Morhaim, Metzen) founding new companies with the stated aim of having the original Blizzard spirit before corporate takeover and poaching their friends from Blizzard.

So WoW has been dying a slow death as the latest expansion and patch are low on content because they have inexperienced/incompetent staff, high on metric driving time gates from the new bosses and full of weird/fanboy lore from the new writers. They have also been doing the woke thing and alienating players and big streamers for being "problematic".

Now we know why this has all happened. They had been hiring attractive female staff to sexually harass and getting drunk at work (Furor). One female worker killed herself because they were harassing her and passing around her nudes.

So California has been suing them after a 2 year investigation, 2 years being the period of the mass exodus from the company. Safe bet that all the guys who left were implicated and forced out, rarher than it being creative differences like we previously thought.

I'll leave Final Fantasy 14 out of the TD:LR, but it's the recipient of the player exodus and is now the #1 MMO for these reasons and more.
You are assuming they were attractive, you are assuming they were only hired because they were attractive, and you think it takes any significant effort or time to make inappropriate comments, which time could have been spent improving the game. I’d bet they were forced to hire women and trannies because DEI is so cool.

More likely is senior leadership had activision pissing them off forever so they just got lazy (and were rich) and didn’t care about much but they weren’t down with the bullshit. I’m sure some of this stuff happened in some capacity I guess but really they are going to use this as a crutch to explain why the game sucks. When in reality it just sucks because they are so far away from making a “fun” game like they were trying to 20years ago.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So were any trannies harassed? And if not, is California suing for transphobia as well?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Prediction: alcohol and alcohol use on premises will gut the company eventually. Sex between co-workers will gut the company eventually. It's just statistics. Eventually someone has a dui manslaughter or dui self death driving home from work and/or the allegations of rape culture eventually happen. There is a reason companies that have been around for 100+ years ban this shit. They know it's a company killer eventually. New companies haven't learned it yet

• 4Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
You are assuming they were attractive, you are assuming they were only hired because they were attractive, and you think it takes any significant effort or time to make inappropriate comments, which time could have been spent improving the game.
I'm just repeating what the allegations were.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I think you have some cause and effect backwards here. The people who've been quietly leaving over the past 2-3 years were probably leaving because they knew this was coming, because HR told them to leave on their own terms, or because the party was over and they were bored. And WoW has been mostly shit since WOTLK so I don't think any of this really has to do with what's been going on with the game.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
While _some_ individuals were fired due to their own behavior (Furor), stating that mass upper management started leaving two years ago because they knew their Me Too comeuppance was inbound seems unlikely (as well as chronologically iffy).

It's far more likely this was just the normal stock / payout vest times after an acquisition combined with culture clash with the new owners.

Thank god this won't turn into another Bioware, where all the founders leave as soon as their options vest, and the husk that remains cares far more about SJW dogma than employee competence or good game design, right?

• 4Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
While _some_ individuals were fired due to their own behavior (Furor), stating that mass upper management started leaving two years ago because they knew their Me Too comeuppance was inbound seems unlikely (as well as chronologically iffy).
They knew they were being investigated and Activision was cleaning up the mess.

I can't see how this isn't the most likely cause of the departures.

• 1Like