World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol I love how its now a 'fact' that Alex was fired because of this and not just speculation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Everything alleged happens. SOE had it going on too.

Before I worked there, there were at least two female employees with restraining orders against other male employees for shit that they did both at work, and off-site, yet those male employees weren't fired. It happened to some of our female employees while I was on EQ as well, and while it wasn't anywhere as bad as this, it DID happen. A couple of my former co-workers told me stories this week about things that I had no idea were going on. 3am texts from bosses asking them to come over and fuck, when they had no dating history or relationship outside of work.

Our lead designer on Free Realms was using the dev team as his dating pool, and when a female on the team wouldn't sleep with him, he gave them bad reviews, and openly talked shit about them to other team members. And we had a woman leading the entire dev team, so that isn't any protection either.

This isn't cancel culture. It's fucking real.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Blizzard staff have been quietly leaving for the last 2 years from the CEO down, some vanishing (Furor) and others (Morhaim, Metzen) founding new companies with the stated aim of having the original Blizzard spirit before corporate takeover and poaching their friends from Blizzard.

So WoW has been dying a slow death as the latest expansion and patch are low on content because they have inexperienced/incompetent staff, high on metric driving time gates from the new bosses and full of weird/fanboy lore from the new writers. They have also been doing the woke thing and alienating players and big streamers for being "problematic".

Now we know why this has all happened. They had been hiring attractive female staff to sexually harass and getting drunk at work (Furor). One female worker killed herself because they were harassing her and passing around her nudes.

So California has been suing them after a 2 year investigation, 2 years being the period of the mass exodus from the company. Safe bet that all the guys who left were implicated and forced out, rarher than it being creative differences like we previously thought.

I'll leave Final Fantasy 14 out of the TD:LR, but it's the recipient of the player exodus and is now the #1 MMO for these reasons and more.

Furor (Alex Afrasiabi) and Tigole (Jeff Kaplan) were buddie buddie in Blizzard. Since It's pretty obvious the fact that Furor is a shitbag (see below), I suspect Tigole's departure from Blizzard not long ago is definitely related to this whole thing.

E63FNTqVkAMqCks.jpg

Now, regarding to that Blizzard female employee who end up killing herself, this is why

bkiO1VU.jpeg

Last but not least, Dreamhaven, the newly found company by old Blizzard folks (Morhaime etc). I suspect it is NOT an ideal place to work if you are a female.

My 2 cent

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Everything alleged happens. SOE had it going on too.

Before I worked there, there were at least two female employees with restraining orders against other male employees for shit that they did both at work, and off-site, yet those male employees weren't fired. It happened to some of our female employees while I was on EQ as well, and while it wasn't anywhere as bad as this, it DID happen. A couple of my former co-workers told me stories this week about things that I had no idea were going on. 3am texts from bosses asking them to come over and fuck, when they had no dating history or relationship outside of work.

Our lead designer on Free Realms was using the dev team as his dating pool, and when a female on the team wouldn't sleep with him, he gave them bad reviews. And we had a woman leading the entire dev team, so that isn't any protection either.

This isn't cancel culture. It's fucking real.
And this was all reported to the police when it happened, right?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If it is true that the female employee committed suicide on company time due to other employees sharing her nudes then they are probably fucked.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No. And that's part of the problem. Inaction basically was tacit approval by management to let this shit continue.
That doesn't make any sense though. You can't just lol a fucking corpse on your company retreat without contacting the authorities. It's not possible.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
No. And that's part of the problem. Inaction basically was tacit approval by management to let this shit continue.
The victim should be the one going to the police, not management. Though management should follow up for sure when given a case #. Without proof we're all still stuck with allegations only, and the victims just let their attackers go on making more victims.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And this was all reported to the police when it happened, right?
Why would the police be involved? This is a civil suit. Sexual harassment is not considered a criminal offense in the US. Reporting to the police does nothing unless there's actual assault.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
That doesn't make any sense though. You can't just lol a fucking corpse on your company retreat without contacting the authorities. It's not possible.

Yeah but whats really "fucked" in this case?

Its not like anybody is going to jail or getting prosecuted.

Is there going to be any real punishment other than Blizzard paying a bunch of fines to the State? Especially in light of them moving to Texas anyways?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but whats really "fucked" in this case?

Its not like anybody is going to jail or getting prosecuted.

Is there going to be any real punishment other than Blizzard paying a bunch of fines to the State? Especially in light of them moving to Texas anyways?
Fucked in that any chance the Bliz of Olde had to resurrect itself and produce some quality games is gone for good. Which is what I actually care about!

• 2Like

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider

I wasn't at Blizzard, so I have no idea how that was handled. Since Police said they found a butt plug and lube in the supervisor's room, it's pretty clear Police were called for THAT incident.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Fucked in that any chance the Bliz of Olde had to resurrect itself and produce some quality games is gone for good. Which is what I actually care about!

Need some hoes to come out and claim that Furor sexxed them up without consent at his house or something. Sounds like it probably happened anyways

Then watch Furor try to escape SoCal in a white Ford Bronco

• 2Worf

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Need some hoes to come out and claim that Furor sexxed them up without consent at his houses or something. Sounds like it probably happened anyways

Then watch Furor try to escape SoCal in a white Ford Bronco

He lives in Hawaii now. He's already left SoCal.

• 1Like

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
View attachment 363951

Last but not least, Dreamhaven, the newly found company by old Blizzard folks (Morhaime etc). I suspect it is NOT an ideal place to work if you are a female.

My 2 cent

See stuff like this I don't get why it is included at all (the first part). Who gives a shit if one person in what seems to be a consensual relationship brought sex toys and lubricant? Listing stuff like this just seems so irrelevant/tabloidy, and unnecessary because the second part sounds horrible enough if true. In fact the whole statement seems vague : it says committed suicide due to having a relationship with a supervisor ... what? why? What happened? Where's the actual information? Why is everything else that went on in the document explicity stated to some degree, but this part isn't? It seems almost sexed up just to be as salacious as possible without actually stating anything. Between not being able to spell Cosby and this sort of poor articulation, i'm amazed this is coming from the state.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
If a couple girls have to get finger blasted for us to get another game as good as Warcraft III, well that's a price I'm willing to pay.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users