World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
If a couple girls have to get finger blasted for us to get another game as good as Warcraft III, well that's a price I'm willing to pay.

What if those couple girls are your daughter, wife, girlfriend, or sister?

• 3EyeRoll
  • 1NPC
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
How much does Blizzard pay the top guys if Alex is able to skip off to Hawaii? Or did he have really good investments on the side?

Chris

Potato del Grande
lol I love how its now a 'fact' that Alex was fired because of this and not just speculation.
Do we think that he made enough money to retire to Hawai and has no further aspirations or being a game dev?

Or was he taking some time away to put some distance between him and the allegations?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The funny thing is, 9.1 would actually be pretty fun if the loot system wasn't so stingy and broken. Do they really think the number of people who unsub quit because they got all their loot for the season is greater than the people who unsub because the loot they want never fucking drops?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
How much does Blizzard pay the top guys if Alex is able to skip off to Hawaii? Or did he have really good investments on the side?

From when I played with him, he claimed to be fairly well off after inheriting money from his father. I also think hes in about his mid 50s now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Guess he did have money, this was his house in CA. You can see Blizzard stuff in the pictures.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider

He was there since before launch. I'd guess his royalties over the years were pretty good considering at one point it was making over 1.3B per year in revenue.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

a simple google search for his name reveals his address in Newport Beach CA, where the house was purchased for $1.9M in 2017, then listed again for sale for $2M at the end of 2018 - heres a photo of the office, sooo its probably accurate

1627231350383.png

• 1Like

Cybsled

While tinfoil hats are trying to lump Tigole in with this, I don't think that was the case. It seems more plausible that it was just part of all the OG Blizzard getting the boot or leaving and he got forced out as well. If you look at the other narratives coming out of this (billion dollar franchise pushes and prior indications that Jeff was pushing back against turning Overwatch into another Call of Duty mass production), I think it is more likely he got pushed out because he said "no" too many times to Activision higher ups and no longer had the protection inside Blizzard to do that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Alex had a pretty substantial property even back in the old days from what I remember of pictures of FoH get-togethers.

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Has Blizzard announced the Support Survivors of Sexual Harassment Store Mount yet?

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While tinfoil hats are trying to lump Tigole in with this, I don't think that was the case. It seems more plausible that it was just part of all the OG Blizzard getting the boot or leaving and he got forced out as well. If you look at the other narratives coming out of this (billion dollar franchise pushes and prior indications that Jeff was pushing back against turning Overwatch into another Call of Duty mass production), I think it is more likely he got pushed out because he said "no" too many times to Activision higher ups and no longer had the protection inside Blizzard to do that.

Do we think it's different with Furor because he'd never fail to take an opportunity to gargle corporate balls, e.g. he really loved badges?

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Alex had a pretty substantial property even back in the old days from what I remember of pictures of FoH get-togethers.

Living in Laguna Nigel isn't cheap.. I doubt it's relevant to the issue at hand though, so I'm not going to speculate.

FWIW, I've also talked to female former co-workers who worked with Alex who said he was nothing but supportive and great to work with. I suspect there is a fair amount of the '3 sides to every story' going on here, but suffice to say the horrific shit definitely happens within the gaming industry. The shit I saw at several of the E3 parties I attended literally caused more than a few fist fights between people over the way some women were treated. Usually some drunk ass does something shitty to a woman co-worker, and her boyfriend/husband gets into it.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was the party I went to, different house than that one: Facebook

Reasonably sure there was 0 sexual harassment going on that night, but I got pretty smashed towards the end.

Cybsled

Anyways, current "inside" rumor is that they have paused work on WoW. While maybe the lawsuit has a bit to do with it, I suspect the past few weeks of WoW getting eviscerated are the straw that broke the camel's back. I wouldn't be surprised if big shakeup announcements are made soon, but I suspect they will need a new roadmap to layout before they do that.

• 3Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, the head of HR (a woman) gets paid 3-4 million/yr (which isn't enough according to the lawsuit).

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
On the plus side, if everyone gets fired and blizzard relocates to Texas and hires new staff, that probably increases Diablo 4s chances of not sucking when it releases in 2034

• 2Double Worf
  • 1Worf