World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
3. Personnel Changes.
"We are immediately evaluating managers and leaders across the Company. Anyone found to have impeded the integrity of our processes for evaluating claims and imposing appropriate consequences will be terminated."

That's the most interesting part in Kotick's letter for me. Pretty definitive. One could reasonably expect JAB to be silently exiting stage left in the not too distant future.
If he gets a pass, then the rest of the letter would appear to be nothing more than fluff.

I wrote days ago that he's gonna clean house. It's not surprising and pretty much expected

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
5 points of Kotick's letter deciphered

1. Employee Support. We will continue to investigate each and every claim and will not hesitate to take decisive action. To strengthen our capabilities in this area we are adding additional senior staff and other resources to both the Compliance team and the Employee Relations team.

Pointless corporate buzzword bullshit
2. Listening Sessions. We know many of you have inspired ideas on how to improve our culture. We will be creating safe spaces, moderated by third parties, for you to speak out and share areas for improvement.

appeasing to the woke crowd

3. Personnel Changes. We are immediately evaluating managers and leaders across the Company. Anyone found to have impeded the integrity of our processes for evaluating claims and imposing appropriate consequences will be terminated.

They (the ones who got fired) did all of it, not us

4.Hiring Practices. Earlier this year I sent an email requiring all hiring managers to ensure they have diverse candidate slates for all open positions. We will be adding compliance resources to ensure that our hiring managers are in fact adhering to this directive.

We'll pretty much only hire woke and sjw's from now on to fill any meaningful position to show that we care
5. In-game Changes. We have heard the input from employee and player communities that some of our in-game content is inappropriate. We are removing that content.
we'll let the woke and sjw crowd take over everything

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah there is zero hope for WoW. With how SL has panned out and now this, its a game of seeing how long they can ride the whales until it crashes and burns.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Shadowlands (Legion/BFA?) feels kind of like EQ Planes of Power to me. Everyone started gravitating toward other MMOs and no one I know really played the expansions that continued to come out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Shadowlands feels kind of like EQ Planes of Power to me. Everyone started gravitating toward other MMOs and no one I know really played the expansions that continued to come out.

The fuck you talking about. Planes of Power was peak EQ and people loved it. It was the sacks of shit that followed. LoY and it's faglocks was a dogshit money grab non-expansion. Lost Dungeons of Norrath was a steaming pile of shit, and Gates of Discord was the EQ killer released as the most unfinished broken fucking expansion ever. GoD killed EQ.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
JAB never understood what made WoW great (as evidenced by 'you think you do, but you don't'). He was/is so out of touch.

Blizzard became smug and looked down on their players. This attitude was apparently reflected internally to how they viewed subordinates and employees. The players were/are viewed as a burden to bear. Children to be managed.

This is also evidenced by the 'you are part of the problem..' tweet.

• 2Like

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The fuck you talking about. Planes of Power was peak EQ and people loved it. It was the sacks of shit that followed. LoY and it's faglocks was a dogshit money grab non-expansion. Lost Dungeons of Norrath was a steaming pile of shit, and Gates of Discord was the EQ killer released as the most unfinished broken fucking expansion ever. GoD killed EQ.
I might have been unclear as I'm hardly awake. I meant PoP was the last good expansion for many so I kinda put Legion in there as well as comparison. But for me personally and my guild PoP is what killed it for EQ but we were in a Family "Raid" guild so could not really enjoy PoP for what it was.

All I'm saying it's it will probably go the same way and shitting out bad expansions just like EQ untill no one plays it anymore.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

GoD was so bad it was considered a prank. Nameless nonsense NPCs, hnxxiejsenfu xhjahf. Faceless and generic. You can't name one piece of fucking story or a named mob from that expansion. Hey we got to the boss xxjaqq xzZzt.

PoTime zone still being somewhat relevant carried GoD a little longer than it should.

I don't think Blizzard has ever released a GoD.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Shadowlands (Legion/BFA?) feels kind of like EQ Planes of Power to me. Everyone started gravitating toward other MMOs and no one I know really played the expansions that continued to come out.
What the shit? PoP was awesome. Soloing in PoF for AA was great.

riptorn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also what kind of workplace of a huge ass corporation like this lets people get drunk at work or even a work event(like a convention you are working at)? Drunk people do very stupid things, news at 11. Why you would allow that at all is beyond me.

Get a real job or a life. Companies have social events all the time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Get a real job or a life. Companies have social events all the time.
Yeah but a convention where youre representing the company? This is not a social event like a Christmas party. And even if it was Christmas or a golf outing or whatever, I would hope you have enough self control not to get all fucked up and grabbing chicks by the pussy.

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
GoD was so bad it was considered a prank. Nameless nonsense NPCs, hnxxiejsenfu xhjahf. Faceless and generic. You can't name one piece of fucking story or a named mob from that expansion. Hey we got to the boss xxjaqq xzZzt.

PoTime zone still being somewhat relevant carried GoD a little longer than it should.

I don't think Blizzard has ever released a GoD.
lol I remember that. It was a far cry from the Vanilla EQ days lol.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pop had a more linear design (as did oow) which sort of limited how much of it was useful to any one person. You get elemental for example you rarely look back at pre ele crap. Add to this was 2 straight expacs that didnt move the raid game and potime was undelivered and then messy at first. So what you got was people desperately hoping something would come next that cleaned things up and delivered less of the bad shit they'd been grinning and bearing. The analogy to wow isn't so bad; many of my buddies were just sticking it out in the hopes that it would pick up. They needed this patch to make the shit come together. It didnt.

The funny thing is that at this moment, I actually think that wow shutting down is now more likely than eq. Didn't ever think I'd think that.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Frogloks are awesome. Blasphemy!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Yeah but a convention where youre representing the company? This is not a social event like a Christmas party. And even if it was Christmas or a golf outing or whatever, I would hope you have enough self control not to get all fucked up and grabbing chicks by the pussy.

It happens ALLLLL the time. The bigger the company the more booze

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't see WoW shutting down, they're going to cleanse Blizzard and if that doesn't work the IP could be transferred to a new studio. There's far too much money to be made running classic-wotlk progression servers for the next decade or two. Maybe it doesn't make the money it once did but it'll make money nonetheless. Seems to have kept EQ alive just fine.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Don't see WoW shutting down, they're going to cleanse Blizzard and if that doesn't work the IP could be transferred to a new studio. There's far too much money to be made running classic-wotlk progression servers for the next decade or two. Maybe it doesn't make the money it once did but it'll make money nonetheless. Seems to have kept EQ alive just fine.
I can't wait for them to release Shadowlands classic servers.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users