1629487516456.png

As low as 1.2m active players.

Subscribers is far below 2m

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
WoW addicts trying to cling to life.

They're going to have to cling a lot harder. The verdict is in on 9.1 numbers.

Bellular just did a line-by-line analysis of the numbers to prove 9.1 is complete trash. I've never seen a game get eviscerated this badly. Bellular is pissed.

It's open season on Blizzard.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1629487824221.png

50% of the entire playerbase of SL did not continue to play in 9.1

This is an emergency.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's impressive that more people were hyped to raid in Shadowlands than ever before and they still somehow threw the baseball bat at the umpire instead of bunting

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As Neranja previously brought up last month, this is why you couldn't PUG and have a normal SL experience in 9.1

See the trend for SL Season 1 spikes up to 1million runs, what does the SL Season 2 trend say? It's just assholes and blowjobs left playing and spreading toxicity into PUGs, all the normal people opted out.

1629488038061.png

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
PvP has disappeared near-completely as of July. The phrase "fallen off a cliff" is being used.

2v2 is almost nonexistent while 3v3 continues to thrive on some level.

RBG's? fuhgettaboutit.

1629488711431.png

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
PvP has disappeared near-completely as of July. The phrase "fallen off a cliff" is being used.

2v2 is almost nonexistent while 3v3 continues to thrive on some level.

RBG's? fuhgettaboutit.

View attachment 368217
I've played all of these game modes with instant queues all season, including this week. Finding partners has been easy, even as Alliance.

PvP games played are always very high in the beginning of the season, as people grind up their CR to meet their MMR.

So this is just lying with statistics.

• 2Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I have a theory about this: PvP was buffed massively by having good weapons for PvE locked behind PvP ranking on the first raid tier.

Basically, the PvP boosters made a killing. Participation dropped off the proverbial cliff once people had their weapons, and in the second tier of the expansion no one is forced into PvP, as the gear is not competitive for PvE.

I guess someone's bonus at Blizzard depended on increasing PvP participation after launch.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

WoW is saved! Thanks Blizzard!
Next patch you’ll get to pick your pronoun.

Top notch gaming experience.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've played all of these game modes with instant queues all season, including this week. Finding partners has been easy, even as Alliance.

PvP games played are always very high in the beginning of the season, as people grind up their CR to meet their MMR.

So this is just lying with statistics.

Pick your poison. I got more heat coming if that's not to your liking.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pick your poison. I got more heat coming if that's not to your liking.
Here's the actual data.

1629489737038.png

This is not a doom trend. This shows that participation has remained consistent for the past 6 weeks, after the initial rating climb. This is normal.

The fact that literally nobody was playing in the 2 months before season started is pretty telling how many people bailed during the content drought, however.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's impressive that more people were hyped to raid in Shadowlands than ever before and they still somehow threw the baseball bat at the umpire instead of bunting

Aye, so much for a "raid expac" and people being more thirsty to raid than ever before.

1629489024414.png

First boss kills is 66%-70% of 9.0. The "Heroic week dropoff" in 9.1 due to lack of fucks given I predicted 2 months ago seems to have come to pass. I said people would stop raiding after getting a whiff of the story and hitting a handful of Heroic runs. This was based on my observation of several guilds I was in on various alts having 4/400 rosters and nobody seemingly logging in to "get ready" for 9.1. They showed up during heroic week, hit a few runs, and hit cancel. I expect last boss kill data to remain unchanged heading into 9.2.

The only thing 9.1 has been good at is making jaws hang open and leaving mouths agape-- and people wondering what the fuck happened to their friends.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wouldnt be surprised if they start looking at another business model. Likely free to play. Buy to play would make more sense since they put shit out at a glacial pace, but I doubt Bobby would be down for that.