chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Wormwood

Genre: Crime, Documentary

First aired: 2017-12-15

Creator: Errol Morris

Cast: Peter Sarsgaard, Tim Blake Nelson

Overview: In this genre-bending tale, Errol Morris explores the mysterious death of a U.S. scientist entangled in a secret Cold War program known as MK-Ultra.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Is anyone else watching this? Two episodes in, it's so good. Details an investigation into a victim of the MK Ultra program in 1953 using narrative, documentary, and found footage all weaved together. So far this thing is amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
rQZzK1ux4J0bBTJii6rzNzeXbe0.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Wormwood[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Documentary[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-12-15[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]In this genre-bending tale, Errol Morris explores the mysterious death of a U.S. scientist entangled in a secret Cold War program known as MK-Ultra.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Is anyone else watching this? Two episodes in, it's so good. Details an investigation into a victim of the MK Ultra program in 1953 using narrative, documentary, and found footage all weaved together. So far this thing is amazing.
I am going to this weekend, all loaded up on the Plex. So far the the only negative I hear is that they probably could have condensed it down to about 2-3 hours.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Didn't MK-Ultra amount to using sex habits and pedophilia to control politicians and media members? Everyone thought it was this high tec stuff, it ended up just being a blackmail program. I got some keks out of that.

Im going to have to check those declassified documents again.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
First episode is good but yeah its way to slow and drawn out. Stopped watching at episode 2.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I burned through it. I agree that it is slow, at parts, Honestly, i think it's an experience that you have to see the whole thing in order to properly judge. In the last episode when they bring Hersh in... I mean my god.

The TL;DR for the impatient folks is, ultimately, there's no resolution. And once you realize the scope fo what we're talking about here, how can there be?

We're not talking about MK Ultra or drugging people or whatever. We're talking about a concerted effort between top government agencies to silence "dissidents" in the 1950s by executing them. Hersh can suck a dick. I'm sorry, but the scope of what is being discussed here is beyond "oh hey guys I can't talk because my sources". That whole spiel from him just sounds fucking absurd when you put all the pieces together and see not only how it has impacted this family, but what it means for America and to be an American.

Needless to say, I thought it was great. I feel super bad for Eric. He's spent his life on this, and he will never get satisfaction.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This was pretty good. I feel bad for Eric but I think he got his fathers death resolved. I think Hersh is an arrogant piece of shit but I stand by him in protecting his source. Hopefully the exact details come out before Eric dies.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just finished this up. Felt like it could have been a 5 parter instead of 6 and get rid of all the over-the-top Hamlet shit and confusing montages of old video. Overall it was pretty good but now my Netfix recommends queue is a ton of conspiracy theory shit.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, the Hamlet metaphor is pretty strained. I would have preferred he lost all of that, just distracts from the actual events. The Martin Luther stuff was more relevant.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database