WoT 1.0 Finally!

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
So World of Tanks updated to 1.0... finally.

Sooo.. FU WoT? Yes and no

The maps are all completely revamped with all the money we have spent over the years. The game looks amazing now; but not all the changes are welcome. You have to learn all the maps over again and hacks are still sometimes present, (as in all competitve PvP games) but overall I have to say I'm impressed with how beautiful the maps are now.

The music and sound system has been completely revamped plus the music changes based on your team's performance. The shots sound great as well.

They allow you to put in filters into the games graphics and they are full of tank eye candy.

Unfortunately the one thing that has not changed is the gold round concern. While Gold rounds are able to be bought with regular in game silver currency they still offer an advantage for players willing to sling them willy nilly rather than sparingly.

Overall though I have to say I have a good impression of the 1.0 release of WoT despite its flaws. (I've been playing for several years now and was really used to the old map configuration so it's been rough). So that's my terrible and raw synopsis on it for the first day of release. Some amazing new advances but not without some flaws (IE gold rounds are unchanged).

Overall however its a great time to enter since everyone needs to relearn the new maps.

If you have played it lets hear what you think of the new game.

EDIT: Holy fuck there are actual humans in your garage now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
This the PC or Console version?

last I played the PC version (a year + ago) everyone carried a few gold rounds just to be able to hold the line against a tank too many tiers above you till backup arrived. Gold was never a noticeable advantage vs a vehicle within a couple lvls of you.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
This is PC.

In clan wars gold rounds are required; in random matches it's a pen advantage but depends on who you are shooting on and what gun you are using so can be completely useless or worthwhile to use.

In arty it increases splash radius slightly. (also arty is completely revamped too since 8-10 months ago they do much less damage but can "stun" people to lower their stats moderately for 5-20 seconds)

One shots are almost unheard of now, arty is more of a debuffer and damage whittler to support a team.

Last edited:

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
They have also narrowed the team gap so you will never see platoons with a tier 1 guy and 2 tier 5's

Also 1 platoon can only bring 1 arty no more 3 arty platoons.