• I don't like the rules

Votes: 25 92.6%

• Total voters
An emu with these rules:

The solo and group content server:

1) ROF2 client
2) Anything up to 4 box
3) No MQ2 except the toon following and a few other qol ones
4) Very limited raid content. Naggy is not there, but FG's are. Hate and Fear are full of mobs but no nameds, no golems, no cazic, etc. Sebilis has everything except Trakanon. Maybe one or two raid mobs in the entire server, ones that could be 1 grouped late game like Velketor, but mostly all the zones are in place but without raid targets.
5) Server is locked in time at LDON.

Last edited:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Poll options suck. Where is "No"?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
thats because this American Inventor has no friends thats why he hates raids and wants to multibox everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
If it's at LDoN there's A LOT of stuff that can be 1 grouped if that's your criteria for raid mobs. Seems pretty random to exclude raid mobs, and kind of kills a big part of what EQ was for most people.

There are a million EQ EMU servers that all have all the raid content... And you know what they also have? Empty Velks, Seb, Howling Stones, etc. You guys are so sheeplike.

The idea is that there are 1000 great group zones in EQ that would all have the best gear in the game and you can't just follow some dork on a raid and load up on best in slot shit. You have to actually group up and work for it. It is amazing you guys are so dumb that you would need this spelling out for you.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
You mention Velk being 1 grouped late in game, but isn't that making the assumption that people have gear from the raids that you've removed?

The glory days of difficult and satisfying group content would be hard to reproduce in an emulator. I've found it's mostly a function of not having very good gear and being ahead of the leveling curve. In this case, the process would feel tedious without some greater goal in sight. If you hit 60 and clear Seb and Velks and other group zones, but have no raids, what would be the point of continuing to gear up?

If you're saying that the Ghoul Lord would be dropping a cloak of flames instead of SSOY; you're basically just making an EZ server, no?

You mention Velk being 1 grouped late in game, but isn't that making the assumption that people have gear from the raids that you've removed?
No group gear is decent and at 65 with AA's you can steamroll older content.

The glory days of difficult and satisfying group content would be hard to reproduce in an emulator.
It isn't, grouping is fun on emus, p99 feels pretty close to actual EQ in 1999 most of the time. The only problem is people get raid gear and then the group content becomes pointless.I also grouped with people on TAKP and PEQ but it didn't last. The people I grouped with on TAKP all vanished which I think was because they hated playing with the old gimpy client. And on PEQ they joined a big raid guild and were raiding constantly.

I've found it's mostly a function of not having very good gear and being ahead of the leveling curve. In this case, the process would feel tedious without some greater goal in sight. If you hit 60 and clear Seb and Velks and other group zones, but have no raids, what would be the point of continuing to gear up?
Because you can get best in slot from the group game. There is plenty of good gear to have. I could ask the same question about raid content. Once you clear PoP raid content why play?

If you're saying that the Ghoul Lord would be dropping a cloak of flames instead of SSOY; you're basically just making an EZ server, no?
No Ghoul Lord would drop his usual loot.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How many people are asking to solo box some old group content? Zero? Oh it's zero isn't it. Well then shut the fuck up. If I could take a rusty screwdriver and rake it across your fucking retinas I would since it would prevent you from ever posting again. Now shut your faggot mount you worthless bag of shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
People think qwerty's server idea sucks, he gets mad.