WTF? Everquest... 3?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Saw this on my usual MMOlite news channel:

Yes. The title includes Everquest 3, and there's apparently some teasing from Daybreak about it. Video above is set to the part about it (which is very, very sparse).

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
That’s ripped off shit literally from this forums AMA.

Lulz

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Is it possible that some day in the future the sun will burn out?

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They would be stupid to waste the IP. But sadly this is Daybreak were taking about. lul.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EverQuest skin thrown over some generic mobile mini-hero game with no gameplay and just item+exp grind.

That's the best case scenario.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
EQ2 is such a good game that they'd logically need to follow it up with another genre buster

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
How many games has Daybreak actually made and how many years have they been around for now?

Are they actually a games company?

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
This could turn it around for daybreak and eq

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
7174ECFE-2DE1-4201-9161-BF08EDF7A366.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
How many games has Daybreak actually made and how many years have they been around for now?

Are they actually a games company?
Precisely this ^^^

How can you claim to be a game development company when you have all of a couple real programmers and everyone else called a developer is just a game designer using excel and editing script files?

Download the EverQuest game client TODAY, and start the install. You will see the thing tries to install BING bar. It's that fucking old. They don't even have the time, resources, nor care enough about their image to update their installer to at least THIS DECADE.

At one point in the past, SoE was a game development company. Today DBG (aka SoE renamed) is just a company that is hacking the existing game made over 15 years ago.

I say that even though I am a 17+ year EverQuest addict, so I'm not just some DBG hater. It sucks to play a game from a company that literally doesn't give two shits about their products, IPs, nor customers.

I swear to God if I ever won the lottery, I would buy DBG, and fire the vast majority of the people there from middle management up, shut down the California office, open a new office in Austin, and hire a whole new staff of ACTUAL developers that WANT to make a great game.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I swear to God if I ever won the lottery, I would buy DBG, and fire the vast majority of the people there from middle management up, shut down the California office, open a new office in Austin, and hire a whole new staff of ACTUAL developers that WANT to make a great game.

Bank your money and don't waste your time.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i would play a janky skyrim w/ everquest lore in a heartbeat, why bother with mmo just use the IP as a 1st person rpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I always thought a solo RPG in the EverQuest universe would be interesting.. But then again, I thought a Gauntlet style dungeon crawler in the EQ universe would be cool too.. so who knows?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I always thought a solo RPG in the EverQuest universe would be interesting.. But then again, I thought a Gauntlet style dungeon crawler in the EQ universe would be cool too.. so who knows?
Gauntlet EverQuest
- Green ranger is about to... strike that. He's dead
- White cleric is out of mana
- Also Green Druid is back from the 30 minute afk to rebuff everyone and is now gating to safety
- Red warrior is pulling more mobs because reasons
- Black necromancer is running around screaming like a chicken with its head cut off "GET IT OFF ME!!! GET IT OFF ME!!! HELLO TANK!!.1!"
- Loading please wait...

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Love that trailer that is the original EQ2 launch trailer.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users