X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 5 Votes
Title: X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Simon Kinberg

Cast: Sophie Turner, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Evan Peters, Tye Sheridan, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Alexandra Shipp, Olivia Munn, Daniel Cudmore, Lamar Johnson, Evan Jonigkeit, Gregg Lowe, Kota Eberhardt, Scott Shepherd, Summer Fontana

Release: 2019-02-05

Plot: Gathered together by Professor Charles Xavier to protect a world that fears and hates them, the X-Men had fought many battles, been on adventures that spanned galaxies, grappled enemies of limitless might, but none of this could prepare them for the most shocking struggle they would ever face. One of their own members, Jean Grey, has gained power beyond all comprehension, and that power has corrupted her absolutely! Now, they must decide if the life of the woman they cherish is worth the existence of the entire universe!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Sophie Turner is an awful awful actress. She’s like a Human Twitter feed. Lots of omg and eye rolls.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Apocalypse was so bad. There's almost zero chance that this movie will be good. There's not even much chance that this will be passably mediocre. This is probably going to be a giant dumpster fire.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The description of the movie triggers the inner comic-book nerd in me.

Jean Grey wasn't corrupted by the Phoenix Force, Jean Grey corrupted the Phoenix Force. She gave a non sentient life force consciousness when she became the Phoenix. Dark Phoenix is manifestation of that non sentient entity gaining consciousness. It's over riding jean for control but it has no emotional control. So it behaves like a toddler with imprint of Jean Grey's personality over the top it.

But that was explained years later in comic-books so description they use is actuate for the time.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The sad part is when/if Marvel gets control back of the Fox properties, some might be damaged beyond repair.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Apocalypse was so bad. There's almost zero chance that this movie will be good. There's not even much chance that this will be passably mediocre. This is probably going to be a giant dumpster fire.

Considering it's a Feb release due to the fact it tested so poorly that the studio scheduled reshoots, this expects to be somewhere in the Justice League / Apocalypse range of shit, dumpster fires.

Sterling

El Presidente
Considering it's a Feb release due to the fact it tested so poorly that the studio scheduled reshoots, this expects to be somewhere in the Justice League / Apocalypse range of shit, dumpster fires.
February release is certainly a bad sign. Justice League while being pretty bad is not in the same ballpark of bad as Apocalypse was. Apocalypse is Catwoman or Highlander 2 kind of bad. Seriously fucking awful.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Do not want

maxresdefault.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
These movies are almost always mediocre but we all still watch them. I know I will.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I don't have superhero fatigue, i have bad x-men movie fatigue.

• 6Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
how they didn't turn the franchise into a rated R murder fest is beyond me

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Xmen still sells a lot of merchandise to children.

Not sure how much legs that has anymore. My nephew got some x-men figures for his birthday and he didn't even know who Wolverine was. Anything Avengers/MCU though he can name and tell you what they do.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
"been on adventures that spanned galaxies,"

Did I miss a movie somewhere?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database