XBone Controler wont work on my PC

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm hopeful someone here can help me. I've been trying for two days to get this to work and it wont.

I plugged it in and nothing, the cord lights up, but the drivers never installed. So I go out and find some...Microsoft driver instillation process is all sorts of fucked up and I couldn't get it to work. (I'm not savy with this sort of thing) I get another driver that has an easier extraction and instillation process and still, nothing.

At one point when I clicked "Add Device" it saw it, but then gave me an error and said it couldn't install it and since then it won't repopulate. It's never shown up ion the Device Manager itself either.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64 and I'm about to give up ever being able to use the damn thing.

I also made sure all my Windows updates were there and they were.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you try another USB port?

Try the steps located here:http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...nstalling.html

1. Download Xbox 360 Accessorieshere
2. Install that, then plug in your controller and wait for it to epically fail.
3. Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc)
4. Find and double-click the unrecognized driver which is probably called "Controller" under "Other devices"
5. Go to the "Driver" tab and hit "Update Driver". Hit "Browse for driver software". Hit "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
6. In the list, open Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class. Your 360 controller drivers should be in here. You might get a warning, just ignore it.
7. Game it up

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I've tried 4 different ports. I'll give that a whirl.

Does it matter I am using an Xbone controller and not a 360 one? You linked the 360 stuff.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
not sure, my fault for not reading your post close enough
frown.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah it's not working. The only thing that pops up in my device manager is a "Digital Media Renderer" when I plug it in.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Does the xbox one controller cable differ from the 360 controller? The charge cable with the 360 controller didn't actually let you use it on a PC even though it would list as a device. You had to get the wireless dongle or a corded controller (charge cable didnt work).

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm hopeful someone here can help me. I've been trying for two days to get this to work and it wont.

I plugged it in and nothing, the cord lights up, but the drivers never installed. So I go out and find some...Microsoft driver instillation process is all sorts of fucked up and I couldn't get it to work. (I'm not savy with this sort of thing) I get another driver that has an easier extraction and instillation process and still, nothing.

At one point when I clicked "Add Device" it saw it, but then gave me an error and said it couldn't install it and since then it won't repopulate. It's never shown up ion the Device Manager itself either.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64 and I'm about to give up ever being able to use the damn thing.

I also made sure all my Windows updates were there and they were.
Are you using the default charge cable that came with the XB1? If so, you need to use a different cable