Xbox 360 RPG's

syeren_sl

shitlord
Skyrim just ended up having the same generic WRPG crap (I know you can say almost the same about JRPGs) like the games before it, and getting it on the 360 is a crippled experience. I find it sad that the game overshadowed Dark Souls on 2011's GOTY awards, considering Dark Souls is the best game of the generation.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Am I the only one that's dumbfounded by the Lost Odyssey love? They took their Shadow Hearts: Covenant, fixed the graphics, but then took out 95% of the charm of SHC, leaving a lifeless Final Fantasy clone.

Sure, if you need to play a game on your 360, it's not terrible, but odds are you still have the system that can play the superior game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That has to be the most pointless and vague arguement i've seen in a long time haha, 1/10 for getting me to reply.

SHC is an amazing game, but they aren't similar beyond both being made by almost the same team, both being JRPGs and using a "Ring" based attack system. (which aren't even similar in that regard.). SHC is based on a lot of fusion based shit, LO is based off of linking immortals to humans and gaining shit through that... I'm open to how you seem to find they're the same game though with better graphics and 95% less charm or whatever heh

Anyway, I just finished up Nier. Highly underrated, i'd recommend people play it, however the sidequests in it are absolutely terrible, they're all highly grindy fetch quests that are there just to add some artificial length to the game. However the story, characters, music and simple gameplay is actually really, really good.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah... Shadow Hearts and Lost Odyssey aren't even remotely similar, especially not in their battle systems. They're also made by two completely different companies, so your comment makes even less sense. Shadow Hearts was made by Sacnoth/Nautilus and Lost Odyssey was made by Mistwalker which is made up of the founders of Squaresoft and the creators of Final Fantasy.

Lost Odyssey is also a much better game than SHC all around, I never understood the love for that series. It is definitely a Final Fantasy game, but it's definitely not a "clone" and it's made by the people who made Final Fantasy great to begin with.