XCOM 2

Cybsled

You should definitely play through the game unmodded first.

Even if you want a "pure" play through, get the cosmetic mods, like clothing and hairstyles and the like. The base ones kind of suck lol

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
You should definitely play through the game unmodded first.
I have played through the base game. I just never bought WOTC or any other DLCs. I was ready to shake things up with a modded playthrough.

My only complaint so far is that the Lost just seem to make missions way too long and not really even any harder.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you still have a hankering to play after you finish your current playthrough I'd look at 'A Better Advent'.
What about the rest of the mods that go with it?

I'm not sure I want a full Long War of the Chosen type experience, but something with a bit more complexity and variety than the base game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What about the rest of the mods that go with it?

I'm not sure I want a full Long War of the Chosen type experience, but something with a bit more complexity and variety than the base game.
iirc ABA is just an enemy and AI overhaul, so the game will be more difficult but still mostly play out the same. If you want something more transformative you should probably just jump into LWoTC which at least has the advantage of being written by a professional and thorough playtesting.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I picked this up just a few days ago with expansion on steam I think it was like $8? Anyway, why the fuck is this game so brutally hard? even on easy they just throw shit at you all the time thats unfair as fuck. And I play the shit out of these tactical games. My steram library is filled with them, so its not like Im some noob to the genre.

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

Get xcom'd!

1689381478610.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I picked this up just a few days ago with expansion on steam I think it was like $8? Anyway, why the fuck is this game so brutally hard? even on easy they just throw shit at you all the time thats unfair as fuck. And I play the shit out of these tactical games. My steram library is filled with them, so its not like Im some noob to the genre.
Been a while, but yeah I remember Xcom-2 making some ... questionable ... gameplay decisions vs. XCom 1. With mods you can fix the issues though.

Among multiple reasons I put Xcom-1 and Chimaera Squad above Xcom-2 out of the box, with no mods.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah I palyed chimera squad and I had no problems with that game at all. But this shit is next level.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
YEah I palyed chimera squad and I had no problems with that game at all. But this shit is next level.
get gud

1689384347313.png

This is my only achievement in my entire steam library that I am proud of.

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah but I had a job at the time.
I admit that this is a legitimate increase in difficulty factor on top of being a pretty savage comeback burn, but unfortunately it's still lacking an 'achievement unlocked' to flex with.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users