Yellowjackets

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Yellowjackets

First aired: 2021-11-14

Creator: Bart Nickerson, Ashley Lyle

Cast: Melanie Lynskey, Juliette Lewis, Christina Ricci, Tawny Cypress, Ella Purnell, Sammi Hanratty, Sophie Thatcher, Sophie Nélisse, Steven Krueger, Jasmin Savoy Brown

Overview: This equal parts survival epic, psychological horror story and coming-of-age drama tells the saga of a team of wildly talented high school girls soccer players who become the (un)lucky survivors of a plane crash deep in the remote northern wilderness. The series chronicles their descent from a complicated but thriving team to savage clans, while also tracking the lives they’ve attempted to piece back together nearly 25 years later.

Hosix

All labs matter!
This looks interesting. Hoping for some hot lesbian scenes as well.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
I am giving it a watch. First episode was pretty good at laying some ground work.

Plus lots of 90’s music. Cause I am that old.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hope they eat each other.

212826BF-D6F1-48A4-A4A7-62D4497C4DB0.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First episode was decent. Was mostly flashbacks setting up all the character building. This show definitely seems like its gonna be fucked up. And Im all for it.

Animosity

Episode 2 was really good. Juliette Lewis is awesome and Christina Ricci's character is a complete nutjob. Look forward to episode 3.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Juliette Lewis and Christina Ricci are both actresses that aren't especially good looking but there's something very sexy about them. They both have starred in movies where they played half retarded rednecks whom you still want to bone for some reason. (Lewis in Kalifornia and Ricci in Black Snake Moan.

I think I'll have to check this show out.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This show has been very compelling so far with only two episodes. It's gonna be one that I'm looking forward to each week, for sure. These bitches be crazy.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ladies of Flies?
Watched the show last night and after the most recent episode, that's all I could think of. Some of the characters are a direct comparison in my head, too. Just the flash backs that is. Looking forward to see where the story goes in current day. For a random show that was my g/f's idea to watch, it's turned out to be really good so far.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
After 5 episodes. Not bad, moves slow, not super woke yet. No nudity.

Yes, it's ladies of the flies but mixed with the Chilean soccer team and a sort of supernatural story? They only things that really are negative is how slow it moves and it's all women. Men are depicted unrealistically, hell so are the women. Example- they find a cabin in the woods after the plane crash. Everyone... Everyone would clean the shit out of the place, maybe not immediately but for sure eventually. They don't. That bothers me. It's simple stuff like that that it misses on. Chicks and periods, they cover that.

Upsides - There are some really good mother daughter moments. That sounds gayer than shit but it isn't. Also, the story isn't great but it's good.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After 5 episodes. Not bad, moves slow, not super woke yet. No nudity.

Yes, it's ladies of the flies but mixed with the Chilean soccer team and a sort of supernatural story? They only things that really are negative is how slow it moves and it's all women. Men are depicted unrealistically, hell so are the women. Example- they find a cabin in the woods after the plane crash. Everyone... Everyone would clean the shit out of the place, maybe not immediately but for sure eventually. They don't. That bothers me. It's simple stuff like that that it misses on. Chicks and periods, they cover that.

Upsides - There are some really good mother daughter moments. That sounds gayer than shit but it isn't. Also, the story isn't great but it's good.
I feel like the show is made by someone that has some varying amount of a religious background. Even if my pops died at that age, I would be hard pressed not to find a sexual partner with the 15+ semi-willing options I have with little to no competition and .. idk how to say this, but disregard my pops death at least for the moment? Does that add to the story in any significant way though? No, not really. I mean we could have a love triangle etc. but that just sounds like filler.

I havent watched the most recent episode yet, but I do agree that I would have not only explored the entire cabin as soon as I found it? But after spending more than just a couple nights at the place, I would have started cleaning it up in some regard to address your point. I even have a real life experience from just stumbling upon a cabin in Canada that had been abandoned and decided to camp there for a several days just because it was easier. I cleaned up after myself which to me, is probably very common with people that use cabins out in the "frontier" type areas.

The show isnt "amazing" but its still pretty good, and a lot of my gripes with the show just originate from the fact that its a show.. and the gripes just arent relevant to the story being told. I dont think the show is award winning, but it definitely earns it's spot in the "nothing popular to watch, so watch this" category. It's hard for me to imagine myself taking a flight knowing its flight path, crash landing, and not knowing the direction I need to walk in order to reach civilization - but these are kids, so it excuses that fact. If I was 14, as much as I would like to give myself credit, I honestly dont think I would know what the fuck to do. Which is something I have to keep in mind with this show.

Outside of all that, I really dont care that much about whats happening in the girls "current life" and would have preferred the writers just concentrate on the events that happened after the plane crash. The inclusion of the current day events just makes me think theyre trying to set up a season 2 and honestly, I just dont care about the show having a season 2. Just make season 1 phenomenal. The current day shit gives too much away at times about how this character is supposed to be portrayed, and it takes away a lot of the mystery/redeeming qualities.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Outside of all that, I really dont care that much about whats happening in the girls "current life" and would have preferred the writers just concentrate on the events that happened after the plane crash. The inclusion of the current day events just makes me think theyre trying to set up a season 2 and honestly, I just dont care about the show having a season 2. Just make season 1 phenomenal. The current day shit gives too much away at times about how this character is supposed to be portrayed, and it takes away a lot of the mystery/redeeming qualities.
This is really my only complaint with the show. They dont show enough of what happened after the crash so far. Other than the Lewis/Ricci dynamic, the adult shit is pretty boring and I could care less about.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They've been keeping something interesting happening in each episode, big cliffhanger see-what-happens-next-time kinda show. I agree the modern day timeline is the weak part. The show is still interesting enough to watch, and seeing how much discussions some other stuff on this forum gets, I think it's being slept on.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bunch of wild theories about this show, couple of them I agree with.

1. Jackie not dead. I think a lot of people assume that and her necklace on the dead girl was just a red herring. She came back and went bonkers or MIA or something.
2. They weren't cannibals. They sacrificed girls to the land rather than eat them.
3. Callie and/or Shauna's husband took the diaries. I feel like Jeff took them and is feeding them to that Bianca woman who is probably doing a big write up on the story and Jeff is doing it all for cash. Not an affair, just betraying his wife to try and get some money for himself and/or Callie's college fund.
4. Callie is actually Jackie's kid. Jackie and Jeff have a baby, but Jackie goes MIA/kills herself/locked up shortly after and Shauna and Jeff eventually hook up together and don't tell Callie. That's why her birth certificate was locked away and why Shauna can be distant and cold to Callie a lot of the time.
5. Vann wasn't attacked by wolves, but rather Taissa. She obviously got the necklace from her when she woke up and the whole wolves situation seems like a delusion as she sees wolves in the real world later who weren't there. Also the girls never say anything about wolves when they get back.
6. People think Javi is Adam which seems too easy and a bit weird. Javi was like ~5 years younger than the girls and he's easily like 10 years younger than Shauna. He does have a tattoo of a mountain range on his body though. Hopefully he didn't pull an Old Boy and he's Shauna and Jeffs child she gave up for adoption. That'd be pretty icky even for the incestuous post 2010's trend we seem to be living in.
7. They eat the baby or feed the baby to something. Seems a little over the top. I imagine she miscarries late and they figure out that that is the 'blood sacrifice' the land demands and they start offing people shortly after.

• 1Like

Animosity

Season overall was great but the finale was pretty lame. Hopefully things ramp up a bit faster in season 2.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database