"You and now your Children Have To Go Back", The Illegal Immigration Thread

Gavinmad

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
51d 12h 23m
Reactions
18,094 1,539 0 0
ICE doesn't have the authority to compel local law enforcement to keep people in detention for them. If they did have that authority, it would be a crime.

Lanx

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
45d 41m
Reactions
27,606 5,488 0 0
its NJ. this state should have sunk under the waves 6 years ago.
i still remember when i got off an exit too early (either going to or coming out of) newark airport...

fear

LachiusTZ

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
<Donors Crew>
24d 2h 44m
Reactions
5,902 388 0 0
ICE doesn't have the authority to compel local law enforcement to keep people in detention for them. If they did have that authority, it would be a crime.
I get that... But that they can't blows my fucking mind.

Must be a money thing. Not m wanting to pay for jails etc. Federal agencies almost never cede authority to state / local

iannis

Chairman Meow
<Donors Crew>
14d 7h 5m
Reactions
14,164 643 0 0
Yeah, it's mostly a money thing.

Gavinmad

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
51d 12h 23m
Reactions
18,094 1,539 0 0

Must be a money thing. Not m wanting to pay for jails etc. Federal agencies almost never cede authority to state / local
I'm pretty sure no Federal agency has the authority to compel a local law enforcement agency to keep someone detained for them. Like even if someone has a federal arrest warrant, I think local law enforcement can choose to let them go if they want if they haven't committed a crime in their jurisdiction. Now obviously they don't do that when it comes to criminal violations, but illegal presence in the country is a civil violation and they're rarely ever actually charged with the crime of illegal entry.

Lanx

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
45d 41m
Reactions
27,606 5,488 0 0

no, this is how sanctuary cities are declared, they will not honor the ICE detainer under the premise that it "hurts" the public trust, b/c they can't get the public(illegals) to rat on the criminals, b/c they might be ICE'd.

However, it's proven this is false b/c it's not like illegals help with shit anyway,

also political stance/ brownie pts, yada yada.

Lanx

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
45d 41m
Reactions
27,606 5,488 0 0
good man, how was Elizabeth?
Oh Elizabeth is where the big ass mall is at, but just that one tiny section, man i remember what i hate the most was any part that connected to GSP, you have these utter retards using 4 lanes trying to merge in.

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
67d 15h 7m
Reactions
79,109 4,376 0 0
Oh Elizabeth is where the big ass mall is at, but just that one tiny section, man i remember what i hate the most was any part that connected to GSP, you have these utter retards using 4 lanes trying to merge in.
everyone thinks Newark is the shittiest of shitholes in this state with Camden giving it a run for its money. Elizabeth has been trying to top that title for the last 20 years. Irvington tried in the 70s, but just conceded itself to minor shitholiness.

Lanx

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
45d 41m
Reactions
27,606 5,488 0 0
https://vaaju.com/mexicoeng/migrants-demand-50000-dollars-to-return-to-their-country/

demanding that they be processed through the asylum system more quickly and in greater numbers, that deportations be halted and that President Trump either let them into the country or pay them $50,000 each to go home.

When asked how the group came up with the $50,000 figure, organizer Alfonso Guerrero Ulloa of Honduras, said they chose that number as a group. “It may seem like a lot of money to you,” Ulloa said. “But it is a small sum compared to everything the United States has stolen from Honduras.” The group’s letter criticized American intervention in Central America. They gave the U.S. Consulate 72 hours to respond. They said they had not decided what to do if their demands were not met. “I don’t know, we will decide as a group,” Ulloa said.

Gavinmad

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
51d 12h 23m
Reactions
18,094 1,539 0 0

So last week a 7 year old girl died in custody and everyone is screeching about it.

Salient facts that all the NPCs are glossing over

Dude dragged his 7 year old daughter on foot from Guatemala
Her father prolonged the journey by several hundred miles to enter in New Mexico instead of Texas
She started seizing with a temp of almost 106 within hours of surrendering to Border Patrol
She was part of a group of 163 that surrendered at night near a small town (no idea how big/small the BP unit actually was)

Any American who treated his daughter that way would be in jail for criminally negligent homicide, but when a Guatemalan does it, it's Trump's fault.

Lanx

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
45d 41m
Reactions
27,606 5,488 0 0

Fedor

Vizconde de la Reino
58d 1h 39m
Reactions
37,366 10,654 0 0

So last week a 7 year old girl died in custody and everyone is screeching about it.

Salient facts that all the NPCs are glossing over

Dude dragged his 7 year old daughter on foot from Guatemala
Her father prolonged the journey by several hundred miles to enter in New Mexico instead of Texas
She started seizing with a temp of almost 106 within hours of surrendering to Border Patrol
She was part of a group of 163 that surrendered at night near a small town (no idea how big/small the BP unit actually was)

Any American who treated his daughter that way would be in jail for criminally negligent homicide, but when a Guatemalan does it, it's Trump's fault.

deleted /r/news thread

read the /r/politics thread

Aldarion

Trakanon Raider
7d 18h 52m
Reactions
2,679 168 0 0
Just wanted to point out some effective NPC programming for once. Check out the picture on Drudge currently
https://storage.googleapis.com/afs-prod/media/media:8676605e8990434ba80f0f3cdc85b947/2000.jpeg

So much more effective than that ridiculous frozen shirt muffin top they gave us last time.
1. They managed to get all the other photographers out of the frame this time. Makes it look much less staged.
2. They dressed the actors better this time (e.g. shoes and backpacks), making it look more realistic
3. They included a "dad" character in the shot, playing to the leftist meme of "orange man is breaking up families" (of course the dudes actually just a coyote and human smuggler, but image is everything)

Well played, left. We'll be seeing a lot of this pic.

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
67d 15h 7m
Reactions
79,109 4,376 0 0
Just wanted to point out some effective NPC programming for once. Check out the picture on Drudge currently
https://storage.googleapis.com/afs-prod/media/media:8676605e8990434ba80f0f3cdc85b947/2000.jpeg

So much more effective than that ridiculous frozen shirt muffin top they gave us last time.
1. They managed to get all the other photographers out of the frame this time. Makes it look much less staged.
2. They dressed the actors better this time (e.g. shoes and backpacks), making it look more realistic
3. They included a "dad" character in the shot, playing to the leftist meme of "orange man is breaking up families" (of course the dudes actually just a coyote and human smuggler, but image is everything)

Well played, left. We'll be seeing a lot of this pic.
i think that pic heavily implies thats a coyote. unless he has his wife and his baby mama with him.