You buy a brand new TV with sound system... what movie do you watch on it first

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Prometheus (2012)

Tagline: The Search for Our Beginning Could Lead to Our End.

Genre: Science Fiction, Adventure, Mystery

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall-Green, Charlize Theron, Lucy Hutchinson, Sean Harris, Rafe Spall, Kate Dickie, Emun Elliott, Benedict Wong, Patrick Wilson, Ian Whyte, Branwell Donaghey, Vladimir Furdik, C.C. Smiff, Shane Steyn, John Lebar, Anil Biltoo, Giannina Facio, James Embree, Robin Atkin Downes, Louisa Staples, Annie Penn, Daniel James

Release: 2012-05-30

Runtime: 124

Plot: A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Mad Max Fury Road

if it was pre-MMFR, it would've been T2: Judgement Day

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Mad Max is an excellent choice. I might go with Aliens.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Doctor Strange will probably earn it's way onto the list once it's on DVD.

The new Tron was the film of choice for a friend showing off his setup.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Inception blew me away when I went 4k UHD with sound system but Fury Road was also right up there.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
My AVpro geek friend tunes all new surround audio set ups with the Matrix's getting to the elevator scene and Heat's fire fight coming out of the bank scene. He says the audio mixes are top notch.

Been a while since I re-watched but Dark City was pretty visually stunning when it came out on DVD, never seem the BR.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have Dark City on Blu-Ray but have not watched it yet. I'll have to check it out to see if it's a big improvement over DVD.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
  1. Fucked up thing is I went from a 45 in to a 65in 2 yrs ago, and now I can't stand watching on anything smaller than 60.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Saving Private Ryan. The Omaha beach storming scene in the beginning is an awesome surround sound "test".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, probably Tron Legacy. Then shut it off 2/3rds of the way through when it gets dumb.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The Balrog scene in Fellowship of the Ring was always our go-to movie for checking out new sound systems (mostly the sub. Had to see how much we could get the house to shake).

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The Martian, with the movie and book being a favorite of ours, is our only 4k BD.

Transformers in HD is what put my wife over the top and the next day we had a our first HDTV.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Probably the Planet Earth series.

Technically, you're right. The first video I put on at all was Disc 1 of BBC Earth (Blu-Ray) just to see how crazy it would look. And it did look fantastic. I watched the same scene over and over to really see all the details. I didn't watch a full episode, though. But episode 2, Mountains, was awesome. Specifically, the lava. It looked so incredible on an OLED screen. The black marks as well as the glowing red and orange. Holy shit was it pretty.

The first movie, though, was Civil War.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database