Young Sheldon

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
h7erRZOb6PzFgIPv1lt7i5ZBRdP.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Young Sheldon[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-09-25[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The early life of child genius Sheldon Cooper, later seen in The Big Bang Theory.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I don't know, he is funny becouse he is an awkward adult, not sure if will work the same as a child.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah his life with his mom was only funny in big picture form. It didn't seem like the details would be very funny at all.

And could they use that same actress to play his mom?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I guess i should have watched the video first. Doesn't look too bad, but I liked the actress who plays his mom right now better than that one.

Ladro

Anomaly
This looks dumb. Stupid idea for a spin off, he works better as an adult not an awkward kid in the 90s... I have no idea how this got greenlit.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I guess i should have watched the video first. Doesn't look too bad, but I liked the actress who plays his mom right now better than that one.

I want to say the actress playing his mom on young sheldon is the daughter of Laurie Metcalf who plays his mom on big bang.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I have no idea how this got greenlit.

Jim parsons is gay. They probably pulled him into a room and said "we want to do your next project, tell us what it is"

They had a hard on for a spinoff, and really would any of those characters work on their own? Sheldon definitely wouldn't. They could probably follow penny and leonard if the gang breaks up in the series finale, but they're basically the central characters of the current show. Other than that, who? Penny's old dumdum boyfriend who now owns a business?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What the hell is this trying to be? It looks like it starts as a straight up sitcom (like Big Bang Theory), but by the end of the trailer it's morphed into a feel-good dramedy. Pick one!

Goatface

They had a hard on for a spinoff, and really would any of those characters work on their own?

Raj might be able to do it,
his family is pretty good and established
just have him take a new job and move in with his sister

• 1Picard

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This looks fucking awful. When I first read about it I saw the possibilities and thought it maybe had potential to be good, but that trailer was bad.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Trailer was funnier than I expected, and I actually really like this version of his mom. I might watch it, but if I ever get called on to do a Nielsen rating I'll make sure to watch anything but this, because Chuck Lorre is a cuck faggot who should burn in Hell!

• 1Like

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Big hit crazy buzz and wanted to start up something from it.

Not like it could end the whole thing.....
What could happen!?

Ganthorn

N00b
I almost feel like the link to BBT hurts more than helps. The trailer looked ok and a story about a way too smart/neurotic kid isn't bad.

iannis

Musty Nester
I feel like the only spin offs that work are the ones that take an established character n a completely different direction.

Like Frasier.

The mother will have to be the focus of the show. BBT Sheldon is basically a very tall child. Transplanting the same writing sensibility into an actual child is going to fall flat fairly quickly.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I want to say the actress playing his mom on young sheldon is the daughter of Laurie Metcalf who plays his mom on big bang.

That's right. You couldn't have 60 year old Laurie as his mom, so just get the literal younger version.

Also can't watch Pondy being a wholesome dad.

Last edited by a moderator: