Zion / Moab / Sedona

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wife and I are going on a road trip in a couple of weeks in southern Utah and AZ. We will be staying 3 nights near Zion, 2 nights near Moab, and 2 nights in Sedona. We will be looking for day hikes and other fun activities to do while there. Any of you bros have experience or recommendations for the best hikes etc? We are reasonably fit people but will probaby try to keep the hikes in the 4 hour range since we will be relaxing and boozing it up as well. Thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Hit up Arches National Park while in/near Moab for sure. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
For Zion, there's 2 main areas. Angel's Landing takes you up onto the mountain top, but you start at the base. The view from the top is spectacular. Aside from that, there's The Narrows (I think that's what it's called). You walk through the canyon itself through a creak. I spent an entire day walking really far in probably 10 years ago. It was awesome. Went back again like 4 years back, and the water was really cold that time around.

• 1Like

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
Negro Bill Canyon is a decent hike with an arch at the end, the trail-head is close to Moab too. Also check out Carona arch for a short hike.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Oak Creek Canyon in Sedona is closed right now. Burned up pretty bad back in June.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Necroing this thread since it's the first that came up with Sedona in the title. We'll be there tomorrow for an indeterminate amount of days. Just wondering if anyone had hike recommendations (doubtful anyone posts before tomorrow morning, but worth a shot).

Also hilarious you called it Negro Bill Canyon. We hiked it yesterday and that's what I called it all day. I told my wife it's much catchier and I actually remember the dude's name. If not for that, I'd never know who he is.

To also contribute to the thread, it was our favorite hike of the trip. Although we had to skip Devil's Garden in Arches because they closed the park yesterday (we hiked the day before though), and that's supposed to be good. But it reminded me more of the Sierra trails than yet another desolate hike at all the other major parks in Utah (save for Zion, which is wholly unique and has probably my favorite hike of all time in the Narrows).