Curb your Enthusiasm

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I only have the finale left to go. Really liked Matt Berry's cameo. He really does play the same character in everything, but damn if that one character isn't fucking hilarious.

I wanted to post before watching the finale, but this really seems to be setting up for a Seinfeld redemption type finale episode. There's been a few one off jokes about how Larry wasn't on Seinfeld for the last two(?) seasons, and only came back for the finale. One that was pretty well panned when they all ended up in jail. But with this whole trial thing and Larry being so unlikeable to potential jurors, it really seems like that's where it's headed.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So looks like I was kind of right (although me figuring it out that far in isn't really anything to that about). They seemed to really lean into it too, especially with Jerry coming back and the dialogue in the jail. I thought the finale was okay. I was expecting something really funny based on the comments here but it was just kind of average Curb.

Honestly the best part was Leon and watching Seinfeld finally, and his fascination with how Jerry was with a new woman every single episode.

Overall the final season was just okay. The last scene on the plane though was really well done though. Really captured the feeling of the show.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Was there ever anymore conversation about this episode? I feel like they all were pulling a Norm but not very subtle. He was barely able to walk in most scenes. Its the best skit of the season

spronk

FPS noob
Binged 11 and 12 the last few weeks, not the greatest middle episodes as Larry feels way too bougie now but when he gets spiteful and petty its always hilarious. Susie and him are always fantastic together, "you cold hearted covid carrying cocksucker" is right up there with four eyed fuck.

The meta stuff with the Seinfeld finale was pretty interesting, maybe up its own ass a little but I liked it. So awesome Richard Lewis was in the last season, he looked ready to kick the bucket so it was cool that he got to go out forever immortalized in something so big.

I didn't even realize this was the absolute last season, always felt like a show that pops back up every few years. Oh well, what an amazing run. Jesus Christ I feel old.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

It's been a long time since but Jerry said he would happily work with Richards without a thought. Should have spoke up a long time ago

Khane

Got something right about marriage
After trying to rewatch Seinfeld years later in tandem with having watched Curb Your Enthusiasm it's very clear Jerry Seinfeld was a lucky mother fucker who got surrounded by really funny people.

The stand up portions of the old Seinfeld do not age well, the rest of the show is still great. Hrmmmmm....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

I was never a big fan of his stand up but they knew how to write a show. The documentary's are blooper reels really can kill a ton of time. Jerry Stiller always made them break character

joz123

Potato del Grande
I was never a big fan of his stand up but they knew how to write a show. The documentary's are blooper reels really can kill a ton of time. Jerry Stiller always made them break character
Ya Stiller would forget his lines a lot, so when he paused mid sentence it was really him trying to remember his line but that made it more hilarious and they kept it in.

Homsar

Ya Stiller would forget his lines a lot, so when he paused mid sentence it was really him trying to remember his line but that made it more hilarious and they kept it in.
They were never able to get a proper take on this scene, Jason hides his face and Julia is still laughing at the end. I don't remember what video it was but Seinfeld/David talk about the stories based on real people

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After trying to rewatch Seinfeld years later in tandem with having watched Curb Your Enthusiasm it's very clear Jerry Seinfeld was a lucky mother fucker who got surrounded by really funny people.

The stand up portions of the old Seinfeld do not age well, the rest of the show is still great. Hrmmmmm....
I enjoyed Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, but that's more just interviews with interesting people (mostly) with some occasionally funny moments. I just skipped the people I had no interest in seeing interviews (Baldwin, Trevor Noah, Kristian Wiig, SJParker, Amy Schumer, Kevin Heart, etc.).

joz123

Potato del Grande
I enjoyed Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, but that's more just interviews with interesting people (mostly) with some occasionally funny moments. I just skipped the people I had no interest in seeing interviews (Baldwin, Trevor Noah, Kristian Wiig, SJParker, Amy Schumer, Kevin Heart, etc.).
The Howard Stern episode is the cringiest thing ever. They go to a coffee shop and Howard gets a cup of hot water.

• 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Howard Stern episode is the cringiest thing ever. They go to a coffee shop and Howard gets a cup of hot water.
While I wasn't ever much of a Stern fan and don't really remember that episode, Netflix says I watched it. As someone who hates coffee, I probably understood why he just got water, although drinking hot water is shit too...

Homsar

Sterns been a shit for decades now, don't think I've wasted anytime on him since he started on XM/Sirius

joz123

Potato del Grande
Sterns been a shit for decades now, don't think I've wasted anytime on him since he started on XM/Sirius
He doesn't even do the show at the studio anymore. He got a setup at his bunker and never leaves his mansion. Covid made him even more of a hermit. But ya I stopped listening once Artie Lange was gone. Show turned to shit real fast.

• 1Like

Homsar

He doesn't even do the show at the studio anymore. He got a setup at his bunker and never leaves his mansion. Covid made him even more of a hermit. But ya I stopped listening once Artie Lange was gone. Show turned to shit real fast.
If I remember right he got insane contract in 2000 from Sirius and turned into a POS. Tbh looking back the guy always sucked, all of them are on the same ship.

I HATE to admit it but Rogans stuff is maybe my favorite to listen too. He lets people talk

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I've been rewatching Seinfeld for the first time in like 25 years, and it's amazing the amount of callbacks they do to that show.

I also didn't realize how close to Seinfeld's finale that Curb started. Just a two year gap between them. Granted, Larry stopped working Seinfeld at season 7, despite coming back for the finale.

I also literally just got to that episode above (where Elaine and Frank fight) earlier today (from The Kicks). I kind of figured the show dropped off once Larry left, but there are some classics in season 8. In fact, most of them seem to be, there was a streak there of Bizarro Jerry, The Kicks (Elaine's dancing), The Package (George in his half naked pose).

• 1Like

Homsar

I've been rewatching Seinfeld for the first time in like 25 years, and it's amazing the amount of callbacks they do to that show.

I also didn't realize how close to Seinfeld's finale that Curb started. Just a two year gap between them. Granted, Larry stopped working Seinfeld at season 7, despite coming back for the finale.

I also literally just got to that episode above (where Elaine and Frank fight) earlier today (from The Kicks). I kind of figured the show dropped off once Larry left, but there are some classics in season 8. In fact, most of them seem to be, there was a streak there of Bizarro Jerry, The Kicks (Elaine's dancing), The Package (George in his half naked pose).
I want to say the show was always solid. The standard way too high