Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watched a bit of that vid. Viper + graphics update is seriously making me consider hopping back into this.

Edit: Also, that pictomancer class definitely looks like it was designed for women - healer + cutesy abilities.

Last edited:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Kinda annoyed everyone kept saying DRG was getting reworked when apparently SE never said that, so I was expecting a lot more from the changes. Sad to see spineshatter go.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
What’s the word on AST rework? Is it like DRG, player make believe? Watched the video, but was hoping for something more detailed, not just a video showcasing the animations and effects.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
What’s the word on AST rework? Is it like DRG, player make believe? Watched the video, but was hoping for something more detailed, not just a video showcasing the animations and effects.
I can’t figure out how to timestamp on mobile, but the Astro changes start at 4:24 on the live letter video:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Kinda annoyed everyone kept saying DRG was getting reworked when apparently SE never said that, so I was expecting a lot more from the changes. Sad to see spineshatter go.
I could have sworn yoshi himself mentioned changing drg and the delay for 7.0 a few times.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While you can claim Mountain Dew points right now the mount cannot be redeemed until June 28th.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
3rd Polyglot, new shotgun thunder looks interesting, wonder how far they will go with the enhanced Fire phase..

And being able to move leylines.. seems kind of ehh *shrug*

Know at least a few White mages that will be happy about the zip though..

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I know some of you neckbeards drink Mountain Dew by the caseload and will be able to share a Mount code.

We need a FF14 x Fast Food Thread crossover.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I know some of you neckbeards drink Mountain Dew by the caseload and will be able to share a Mount code.

We need a FF14 x Fast Food Thread crossover.
I'm sure we'll be able to get ya. Still kind of silly they started the promo so early, but can't redeem the final code until late June.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reddit post that summarizes the info.

Some interesting non class related changes are the addition of the hotbar replacement setting, similar to how you can mod it, you select it for each action where it's relevant too so you can customize how you feel about it. Basically lets you put the 123 combos onto a single button, freeing a lot of bar space. This combined with a lot of the "new" skills being just old skills upgraded versions means it should ease up on the hotbar load for some classes(I assume Scholar will still need 3 bars though seeing as how they're adding even more skills and there's no benefit from this feature on healers).

Also Fantasias will be useable for 60mins(ingame time) after consuming them so you can fix any issue you didn't notice during the char creation once you see your char in a real world setup, which is great. Oh and a free fantasia is being added as a low lvl quest(a 2nd one I guess, since there's already a free one at the end of ARR).

Monk seems to have gotten its... 5th? rework, actually doesn't look bad this time and should be easier to get into since you have a visual help on how your rotation should function. I like that they changed a lot of the "gain half a bar of ressource" skills into directly "lets you use the skill you'd use the half bar of ressource on" stuff, prevents the issue of having to drift one GCD or overcap ressources if you didn't pay attention.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Some interesting non class related changes are the addition of the hotbar replacement setting, similar to how you can mod it, you select it for each action where it's relevant too so you can customize how you feel about it. Basically lets you put the 123 combos onto a single button, freeing a lot of bar space. This combined with a lot of the "new" skills being just old skills upgraded versions means it should ease up on the hotbar load for some classes(I assume Scholar will still need 3 bars though seeing as how they're adding even more skills and there's no benefit from this feature on healers).

Are you sure this is the case? I understood it to mean certain buttons that get replaced after taking certain actions on the same hotkey. Video at the relevant time. It seemed to more address spamming a button and having the button transform and you accidentally hitting the transformed button before you intended. Combos would be nice, but it didn't sound like that was the case.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are you sure this is the case? I understood it to mean certain buttons that get replaced after taking certain actions on the same hotkey. Video at the relevant time. It seemed to more address spamming a button and having the button transform and you accidentally hitting the transformed button before you intended. Combos would be nice, but it didn't sound like that was the case.

Oh it is you're right, I thought it was finally doing the combo rotation thing that they do already in pvp. Not much of a point then, other than people who want to split the replacement to have more control if they're used to mashing, oh well maybe next expansion they can figure that.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm sure we'll be able to get ya. Still kind of silly they started the promo so early, but can't redeem the final code until late June.

Hopefully! I wonder how many drinks it takes to get the mount and whether you can redeem multiple.

They don't sell MD in Japland?

Not really no, and I haven't heard anything about this promotion here. Also the website they link is blocked in Japan.

Japan is getting a KFC promo - you get a bucket of fried chicken emote I think

Sadly Japan codes don't work on US accounts anymore. Ironically I can get US promotions but not Japan ones. I have a code for a King Porxie mount rotting because of this.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully! I wonder how many drinks it takes to get the mount and whether you can redeem multiple.

Mount just takes 6 regular drinks; 3 if we can find a special flavor. There’s also the little minion for 100 points, also. No idea on the multiple redemption thing.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Oh it is you're right, I thought it was finally doing the combo rotation thing that they do already in pvp. Not much of a point then, other than people who want to split the replacement to have more control if they're used to mashing, oh well maybe next expansion they can figure that.
Just get the XIVcombo plugin and rejoice.

• 1Moron