Helldivers II

Kiki

Log Wizard
They fucked it and now they are rolling it back. These people are idiots. I was playing last night and all 4 people crashed 15 seconds to extract. They are too busy trying to nerf players.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haven't played it in almost 2 months. Going to go out on a limb here and say my group of friends has moved on.

This one petered out super fast.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Haven't played it in almost 2 months. Going to go out on a limb here and say my group of friends has moved on.

This one petered out super fast.

They did a really good job fucking this one up, I still enjoy playing but all the nerfs and changes removed a lot of the fun from the game.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I sort of wonder how they ever got such a great game out the door. QA processes seem to be pretty shitty.

They had a money printing machines on their hands and all they had to do was proceed carefully and not fuck it up but god damn they have. Nevertheless, still a commercial success I guess.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The nerfs are the most frustrating part - it feels like both your weapons and even stratagems can’t take out a lot of the armored enemies. I feel it more accurately on bugs than robots.

Rocket pods can’t even 1 shot a charger and 90% of your shit bounces off them or does no damage. Even the vomiting green fat bugs seem to be more armored now. I had a stalwart and was unloading into their heads and they weren’t dying

I get trying to keep the game chaotic and just difficult enough to not be boring, but given the fact you get shit intel for what to actually expect (armored enemies only tells you so much), you can’t actually plan loadouts beyond stuff you know works (cannons, rocket launchers)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They had a money printing machines on their hands and all they had to do was proceed carefully and not fuck it up but god damn they have. Nevertheless, still a commercial success I guess.
The financial success is what gives me hope that we'll see copycats and hopefully a dev team that actually knows wtf they're doing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
former Paradox exec is new CEO of Arrowhead, hope yall have fun needing 200 dollars worth of DLC to stay current on your game

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wonder if this was 100% his decision or if he had to metaphorically fall on his sword because of shit with Sony. One troubling sign is the fact Sony still hasn't opened up the blocked countries yet

On the flip side, I hope the balance gets a bit better and they nerf less. Releasing new weapons on a paid pass and then nerfing them weeks later isn't going to encourage people to buy future passes.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Releasing new weapons on a paid pass and then nerfing them weeks later isn't going to encourage people to buy future passes.

This is the way. I played competitive World of Warships with some friends for a while. Some guys would spend serious money, $100s or $1000s of dollars, on pixel boats that either turned out to be garbage or were eventually nerfed our made irrelevant by power creep. They just kept copy/pasting models with different paint jobs and higher numbers and people lapped it up. Some people claimed they had spent 10s of thousands on the game.

Apparently, you can make more money charging outrageous prices from a few whales than by charging modest prices for more content for the masses. It will be interesting to see which way HD2 goes.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Releasing new weapons on a paid pass and then nerfing them weeks later isn't going to encourage people to buy future passes.
I get that by the nature of the type of game Helldivers is, you mostly have to have things feel like "sidegrades", in a sense.

But the big problem is that unlocking shit in Helldivers 2 seems like a total waste of time. You spend all this time grinding levels, earning medals, dealing with shitters who can't wait to shoot at every fucking patrol imaginable, etc. Only to unlock a piece of equipment that...sucks. Oh, let's try out this new grenade? Oh, it sucks too! Hmm...maybe this new Stratagem? Oh, it's also trash? Uhhh...maybe this new armor will hel...nope, sucks.

They have an amazing concept and have completely fucked it with one of the worst QA and game design teams I've ever seen. I really hope we get some copycats with an actually solid development team behind them.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We might be getting the energy aliens soon. New super order is to deploy some substance from the 1st game that was taken from an alien faction called the Illuminate. Presumably it will create a singularity when Merida gets destroyed and new enemy faction will come through it