Path of Exile

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I've switched it to run precision with arrogance which is just enough mana even with level 3 enlighten. You can also link it with defiance banner for a boost which I didn't do here (cause derp), since it reserves nothing no matter what due to Champion. You could also try to find room for culling support linked to Ancestral protector if you think you can. If the poe ninja you linked was accurate, I think I boosted you by ~1M dps and ~20K EHP or so with no gear changes and adding 1 jewel of one you already have (duplicate), so you could maybe do better with yet another jewel you could buy.
Any easy way to see what changed in terms of the passive tree? Still very new to using POB, ideally I think I need more mana and better reservation overall but I definitely want to try what you specced out! Thanks a ton by the way, you guys have essentially held my hand this whole league so far hahaha

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Any easy way to see what changed in terms of the passive tree? Still very new to using POB, ideally I think I need more mana and better reservation overall but I definitely want to try what you specced out! Thanks a ton by the way, you guys have essentially held my hand this whole league so far hahaha
I didn't switch all that much on the skill tree. I unspecced one of the accuracy wheels because it wasn't doing much for you and getting one node in the thread of hope ring capped accuracy for you. Most of the choices I made are just that: choices depending on if you want more defense vs offense. For instance I just picked some masteries that I think are good like less damage taken from suppress, and the increased crit multi vs unique enemies, but you could easily decide you wanted to put those points elsewhere. Taking 2 points to get Fury Bolts might be worth it, for instance. Or maybe you want melee attack range from a mastery, tho I don't think LS needs it but I've never played it.

The big one is arrogance + precision freeing up mana for another 50% res aura, along with the 1 point in res efficiency near scion. You could also get a jewel with some res efficiency if you wanted a bit more. Alternatively you could spec 'spend life instead of 30% mana cost' mastery if it's uncomfortable.

Arrogance tech is very good if and when you can fit it in. That is, arrogance + either precision, vitality, or clarity since those are flat mana costs instead of percent. So they don't impact your life pool much compared to the potential benefit. Alternatively if you're mana stacking it can also be good to run them that way too. It also gives you access to the +1 max all res mastery if you're reserving both life and mana for some extra defense. I didn't do that with what I linked because POB said aura effect was better, but hey, it might be better in boss fights or something, dunno.

EDIT: Check this out: ~1M more damage in exchange for a few points/masteries + 600hp leech (ouch a bit, but eh?) and all I changed was your large cluster jewel and added in a couple of eye to eye + repeater medium clusters.

Last edited:

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else getting a thing where awakened POE trade is suddenly requesting admin rights? Wasn't requesting it before and suddenly it is for me.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Just updated a bit and swapped in arrogance support for Precision - definitely made a huge difference. Didn't have much time so I'll look at it more tomorrow, but did a couple 8-mod T16s and it felt way better even after a few -res altars.

Still could use more mana and a bit more health but should make farming a ton faster. Wondering how T17s will feel but not sure I'm ready for those yet. If I can find more mana / reservation reduction I can also swap the amulet annoint for a nice chunk of damage. Took the reservation / increased non-curse aura for now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I realize I fucked up the pob and still had that amulet I didn't buy in there, but somewhere around 2.4mil and doubled when at the right distance.

Did Uhtred for the first time on a T17 and only died once to his spin to win attack. Think if I can get my POB to 5 mil this league I consider it a success, have already done 8+ eaters with some juice, though I'm not 100% sure how to best do it. (Just alched a few times scouring until it was 6 mods and then vaaled it.

Still having fun for now and not worrying about xp makes it so much better.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
One of the things that still really sticks in my craw about PoE is spell suppression. I skipped the league when they added it, and I am still choked about having to min max yet another fucking stat.

I say that because I have sufficient dps this league to do all regular content, but only 34% spell suppression with my current gear, and it is killing me all over the place. I failed the Uber Elder fight because even getting grazed by the Shaper's ball attack would kill me.

So, fuck it, I started a Jugg RF build for shits and giggles. Only ever did the Inquisitor version.

Why did I do that instead of playing one of the 300+ other games in my library? Addiction is a helluva drug.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of the things that still really sticks in my craw about PoE is spell suppression. I skipped the league when they added it, and I am still choked about having to min max yet another fucking stat.

I say that because I have sufficient dps this league to do all regular content, but only 34% spell suppression with my current gear, and it is killing me all over the place. I failed the Uber Elder fight because even getting grazed by the Shaper's ball attack would kill me.

So, fuck it, I started a Jugg RF build for shits and giggles. Only ever did the Inquisitor version.

Why did I do that instead of playing one of the 300+ other games in my library? Addiction is a helluva drug.
I mean POE is all about balancing defensive stats with offensive. It's in a pretty good place right now IMO.

Saying that, I do kinda wish they would un-nerf the suppression stat nerf they did on gear a while back. However they think its in a good place, and I guess with so many forms of suppression you can get from the tree, including tatoos, and ways you can path there its not horrible.

I never maxed suppression on my 100 EK Ignite this league and could do T17s and blew through T16s, but for Ubers you definitely need it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Haven't been playing as much the last few days byt you guys did get me to a spot where I am able to run the easier T17 mods without much trouble, last I checked I had around 150 div but no idea what would be best to spend on an upgrade.

I'm still also really limited due to being int starved which makes a lot of options off the table. Any additional dps would be great but also want to eventually be able to drop Purity of Elements so I need to work towards ailment avoidance at 100%.

Strongboxes also getting beat, have to find a diff strat to try, may just end up going back to basics and see how that works out.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Well IDK what I was nervous for, but I one shot Sirius finally, think I wa ls just scared since it took like 4 or 5 tries on my Std char, felt good to do it with no deaths also.

Tried B2B with some 8 mod T16s and aside from a single raw div and a few annulment orbs, really didn't seem worth it. (Granted I only ran like 6 or 7 but I'm assuming it works better for ppl with super T17 builds.

Thinking about wasting 100 div for awakened multistrike just for the quick 10% dps boost even though I know it's a dumb idea. Would leave me with 50 div I dont know what to do with instead of 150 lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a way to get magistrate-haunted(T7) affixes? Arimor's Apex is going fucking slow.

I'm running strongboxes and shrines. Once I'm done with Delve Architects, I can add Ritual for more natural map spawns.
I check for T6 affixes and move them to pack which increase the affix tier. Not all haunted affixes have a T7.
I replace packs with T7 affixes with allflames with pack leaders. I have no idea if this actually does anything.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You need both the bottom left and top left alflame wheels for it not to be complete aids. The top left is probably even more important than just the generic higher tier modifiers - actually making sure your magistrate packs have rares in them is the hard part and the top left wheel fixes that.

With it speced just use abyss flames on every magistrate and it shouldn't take long. I was seeing like 5-8 rares per mod once I speced it all

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Did it! Killed Maven myself finally since I completely forgot about it until tonight. Funny thing is I also gotban achievement for it even though I had already been carried. (Maybe she was killed before I zoned in?)

Afterwards I did end up buying awakened multistrike, had over 200 div so figured why not?

Going to see my parents for a few days so won't get to try it out, but should be a nice little bump to dps. Especially since most people quit the league already.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The irony of wrapping up 40/40 and you drop, I think, the most valuable item I've ever had.

1716782230602.png

Been wanting to try out fully converting cold, lightning, and physical to fire since this jewel was introduced. Shame I'm already checked out and have 0 motivation.

Finally tried out T17s. Yes, I waited too long, but probably for the better because they're not a fun experience. And once you remember GGG intended T17s to be completely unmodifiable....real head scratcher.

Far too many build-bricking mods. Too many mods worth 1c to roll over. 20c is NOT too much to pay to roll a T17 map. The experience of rolling through undesirable mods is. It just sets you up to be pissed off at the map, or settle for some mods you really shouldn't have. I've never used a regex for rolling maps, T17s made me want to look into it. I feel like that's bad design.

T17s are too big and too rewarding...for 6 portals and current inventory space. They almost feel like a dungeon crawl than a quick map. But even on an uber strict filter, I was picking up almost 2 inventories of loot. I don't like how much PoE relies on item filters, how much GGG ignore simple changes that would alleviate it like smart loot, thus I don't think T17s are good for how much loot they encourage you to hide. I've *never* used uber strict before T17s.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any build recommendations if I wanted to hop back in to this league and make another character? I'd like to try something pretty tanky but also good dps so I could try t17s more easily and do uber bosses. This was where I left off, the damage was pretty good but it wasn't tanky enough for my liking. I have ~50div + whatever that gear is worth.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
CoC DD got me through T17s comfortably. You'll still die occasionally, but I chalk that up to learning the maps and mods. Meta seems to transition to Incandesent Heart and Divine Flesh first. I skipped that and went to Lightning Coil, Taste of Hate, Saffell's Frame, Lethal Pride, and a Watcher's Eye for almost all phys hit convert, 79% max fire and cold res, 89% max lightning res.

I did however cheat a bit and farmed up a Mageblood first. That's where some of that max lightning res is coming from. I'm done with the league, you can have it plus a bunch of other stuff if you want.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Smart loot wouldn't do shit for T17's because with Graveyard atm there's 0 reason to pick up rares outside of maybe jewelry. All the shit to loot is currency/cards/uniques/SCARABS. They'd need to figure out a better inventory system for those like currency pockets or some shit.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The amount of loot is nonsensical to the point you get desensitized to loot in general. When so much drops that it crashes the client, and even the server. Or causes massive performance degradation, it might be time to adjust your philosophy on loot as a developer