Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally gave The kings Man another shot. I liked it better the next watch. Kingsmen put my standards too high. Think the third act is what ruined the movie. Really great cast, Rasputin really steals the show and should have been the main villain

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been watching some old classics lately. Did To Kill a Mockingbird and 12 Angry Men (the original).

No CGI, no shit blowing up, just great actors in great movies.

Seeing Robert Duval in Mockingbird is so jarring because he is so young. I always thought the dude was born looking like he's 50 years old.

If you have never seen either of them, it's an entirely different era of film making.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Been watching some old classics lately. Did To Kill a Mockingbird and 12 Angry Men (the original).

No CGI, no shit blowing up, just great actors in great movies.

Seeing Robert Duval in Mockingbird is so jarring because he is so young. I always thought the dude was born looking like he's 50 years old.

If you have never seen either of them, it's an entirely different era of film making.
50s one is better than the tony danza one

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
DTS-X mix of Hulk was good - you really feel his foot-steps and his roars, movie is dump though.

I watched Heat for the umpteenth time, partly to test out my latest speaker calibration. It's been a favourite for many years but is a long movie, I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Continued the rewatch of classics with Inherit the Wind. Spencer Tracy and Gene Kelly. Story of the Scopes Monkey Trial. Spencer Tracy is great in this as is Gene Kelly.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
DTS-X mix of Hulk was good - you really feel his foot-steps and his roars, movie is dump though.

I watched Heat for the umpteenth time, partly to test out my latest speaker calibration. It's been a favourite for many years but is a long movie, I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
Heat is a great test film. Can really hear the bullets and brass in the surround.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I just watched Forrest Gump, was one of my favorites as a kid. I only just realized that he gave John Lennon the lyrics to imagine

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Watched Kill Bill vol 1 last night, maybe the last time I fully watched it was theaters in 2003. Not sure it aged as well as it could have. It wasn't horrible or anything, maybe I'm just over Tarantino and have seen people do his schtick better. We'll watch Volume 2 tomorrow night. Showdown at House of Blue Leaves was still cool but some of the choreography just looks bad.

In other news, I stumbled down a rabbit hole of actual terrible movies by a Sean-Michael Argo. Made it through a whole bunch of his catalogue streaming off a site called FlixHouse (flixhouse.com) which seems to have a ton of indie stuff. Look, these movies aren't great. They're objectively pretty bad, inconsistent sound mix, color wash, strange direction. Pretty much all of the things. A 3.5/10 average from IMDB isn't even uncalled for.

HOWEVER, these are the types of bad indie films that I really do enjoy. There's some interesting ideas here, attempts to flesh out a story, and do some unique things. Guy is obviously trying and everyone in his movies is totally on board. Most of them are almost watchable 5/10 except for the experimental nature of them or, as mentioned above, the really bad post production.

That also led me to this movie which had chicks on the cover so obviously I was going to watch it also:

1717957200773.png

I'm probably the only person that gets in to this stuff but I find it really compelling.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watched Kill Bill vol 1 last night, maybe the last time I fully watched it was theaters in 2003. Not sure it aged as well as it could have.

I saw it 6 times at the cinema at the height of my Bruce Lee/Hong Kong martial arts film obsession.

I also think it hasn't aged very well. The colour grading/aesthetic of the time doesn't help. I can't imagine sitting down to watch it any time soon

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Wife wanted to watch the Fast & Furious movies again. So we started with the 1st two last night. I know I watched the 2001 original at the movies, it held up OK but the car choices look dumb now. I'm pretty sure when Vin Diesel noped out of 2fast 2 furious I noped out of watching it. Not that I'm some Vin fanboy but if he didn't think it was worth making it probably wasn't worth watching. Should have kept it that way. It wasn't that great maybe 4/10.