Snack Shack

kroenen

Regimen Morum
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Snack Shack

Genre: Comedy

Director: Adam Rehmeier

Cast: Conor Sherry, Mika Abdalla, Gabriel LaBelle, David Costabile, Michael Bonini, Christian James, April Clark, Steve Berg, Dominick Marrone, J.D. Evermore, Dawson Mullen, Sidi Henderson, Brandon Siedlik, Nick Robinson, Gillian Vigman, Christian J. Velez

Release: 2024-03-15

Plot: Nebraska City, 1991, two best friends get the chance to run the swimming pool snack shack, that later comes to be the perfect scenario for transgression, fun, personal discovery and romance.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This seems like a good callback to the fun types of comedies I grew up on in the 80's/90's. None of the super ridiculous shit they try to throw into "teen comedies" the last 2 decades.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looks like stupid fun, I don't know if I believe the original recording was Andrew dice clay on that song. One of my favorite one hit wonder songs

I'm starting to feel old, 33 years ago

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was really damn good. If you liked Licorice Pizza, youll like this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looks like stupid fun, I don't know if I believe the original recording was Andrew dice clay on that song. One of my favorite one hit wonder songs

I'm starting to feel old, 33 years ago

It was sampled from Andrew Dice Clay's Nursery Rhyme skit.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This was really damn good. If you liked Licorice Pizza, youll like this.
Yeah, really enjoyed this one a lot. Really took me back to being a teen in the 90's.

The beginning was super frenetic, but once it settled in it was a good ride.

Also the chick in this. Damn.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This movie fucking rules. It reminds me so much of life back in the 90's, before ANYTHING was PC. Fucking awesome.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So this movie takes place in '91. The two MC's were playing 14 year olds. So They were 15 years older than me. I turned 10 in late August of '91. This movie really felt like a time machine. Like it was written back in '91. Had a very "My Girl" vibe during one of the scenes. I really really liked this movie. Great suggestion. I'll see if I can get the blu-ray at some point.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I went in expecting this to be a super shitty comedy, but it ends up being more of a "The Sandlot" type movie. Really, it's just about "Summer" in the 90s.

The kids being 14 and acting like 30 year old Wall Street suits took me out of it a bit. As did them using dialogue like "cringe" and I think I even heard the term "psy-op" used.

All in all, it was WAY better than I expected and it's a pretty good movie. It honestly didn't feel very 90s to me, though. There were a few moments, sure, but I think they could've done a bit better about the look/feel of the era.

The chick in this is fucking dumb hot with a nearly perfect set of milkers.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database