Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

spronk

FPS noob
best results of prequels

goddamn that RLM shit was from back when youtube videos couldn't be longer than 10 mins each lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
i guess you're trolling.
My born in the early to mid 90s coworkers all had the opinion that the prequels were action packed and fun and the originals were boring.

Some of them with time have at least realized that Empire (and to a lesser extent Star Wars) are quality beyond the action, but not all of them.

The sad thing being that I doubt any teens look back on Episodes 7-9 with any reverence.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was 11 when The Phantom Menace came out. I loved it. Thought the pod racing part was awesome and who didnt love Darth Maul. I still enjoy it now in my 30's but definitely not as much. Jar Jar is definitely made for kids. Cant stand that character now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Not a movie but she does a detailed 4 hour review of the now closed star wars hotel. I just thought it was over priced, didn't realize how bad the experience was on top of that. From charging for photo op experience that didnt exist in the hotel and they refused a refund till she complained on social media. To shitty marketing. To the whole experience of the role playing game being broken.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Crazy how much was spent making that hotel. The operating losses must be just as big. Huge with a whole lot of special staff that do a whole lot of nothing.

Might have been cool if designed as a normal Star Wars themed hotel instead of an "experience" and was just a place to stay. The layout looks terrible for a real hotel. When I saw trailers for it years ago it looked like somewhere I would definitely not want to stay just based on that.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not a movie but she does a detailed 4 hour review of the now closed star wars hotel. I just thought it was over priced, didn't realize how bad the experience was on top of that. From charging for photo op experience that didnt exist in the hotel and they refused a refund till she complained on social media. To shitty marketing. To the whole experience of the role playing game being broken.

Saw the whole video, I hate the trend of these huge YouTube videos some creators do, usually makes me unsub, but Jenny makes it work somehow.

Video also tears Disney Parks apart.

• 1Pathetic

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Who the fuck watches 4 hours of someone whining about a blatant cash grab, pile of shit experience?

• 2Solidarity

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Who the fuck watches 4 hours of someone whining about a blatant cash grab, pile of shit experience?

Over 2 million people so far and the video has only been out 2 days. Jenny Nicholson is pretty funny and entertaining. It is a great breakdown of how bad Disney handled this hotel.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Over 2 million people so far and the video has only been out 2 days. Jenny Nicholson is pretty funny and entertaining. It is a great breakdown of how bad Disney handled this hotel.
she's also cute. nerds love nerd girls. i bet Mist would approve.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Watch? No. Put on in the background while I grind maps?

Maybe.

There can be something charming about a real deep dive in to something that's not all that big a deal. Wendigoon has done some long form review/analysis videos on stuff that's pretty fucking niche and I love him for it.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Watch? No. Put on in the background while I grind maps?

Maybe.

There can be something charming about a real deep dive in to something that's not all that big a deal. Wendigoon has done some long form review/analysis videos on stuff that's pretty fucking niche and I love him for it.
i watch car repair videos that are almost as long. they can get tedious sometimes, thats why you click out and find something else to do and come back later and it remembers where you left off.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
One of the guys I graduated with worked on all the Star Wars stuff, as well as the Pandora stuff at the Disney Parks. He warned me about how many corners they were cutting with the hotel and how it was going to suck due to the executives changing the vision of it. I didn't realize they already closed it. He's super jaded now, which sucks because that was always his dream job. He left the company a few years ago. Still wants to make those type of attractions, but getting paid shit and seeing Disney raking it in on lightsaber and droid sales killed a lot of his drive.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
One of the guys I graduated with worked on all the Star Wars stuff, as well as the Pandora stuff at the Disney Parks. He warned me about how many corners they were cutting with the hotel and how it was going to suck due to the executives changing the vision of it. I didn't realize they already closed it. He's super jaded now, which sucks because that was always his dream job. He left the company a few years ago. Still wants to make those type of attractions, but getting paid shit and seeing Disney raking it in on lightsaber and droid sales killed a lot of his drive.
about halfway through that video, man, they soaked that chick for 6,000 dollars over two days and they didnt even do the stories with her and hardly got to see anything. they barely talked to her either. her room was about as big as a big broom closet. it was fail after fail and she got screwed on stuff she purchased until she complained about it on twitter and Disney immediately fixed all those lost packages. its pretty fucking disgusting from a company thats been in this business for a long as they have.

• 1Like