What vehicle do you drive?

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Listing my Z06 for sale in a week or two. Initially I was going to use the broker that sold one of my GT3s. Fits your criteria, but it’s NOT a car for someone new to power.

Katech Heads/cam build with intake manifold, full exhaust, tune, clutch, BC Racing wheels, carbon fiber interior. Mint condition with ~20,000 miles. 596 rear wheel HP and it weights about 3,100 pounds. Big Toyo R888R tires all around help but it’s still a handful.

Happy to share more with you if it’s of interest.

View attachment 527333
View attachment 527334
View attachment 527335
Beautiful vehicle. I'd consider it, but I know that's way too much car for me. What's the switch sticking out of the trim on the passenger side of the center console? A kill switch for the fuel pump?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beautiful vehicle. I'd consider it, but I know that's way too much car for me. What's the switch sticking out of the trim on the passenger side of the center console? A kill switch for the fuel pump?
It was for a “mild to wild” valve in the old exhaust. New exhaust has no valves, but I forgot the switch was there, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No idea the thread for it. Saw a video on kinda newer chinese E bikes that was pretty neat. I don't want it for the LARP'ing reasons. I want it for maybe going into town, and scuttling around my property, possibly w/ a mini trailer or something.

Comments said the company named in video is just rebranding chinese bikes, and I think I found it. From description no idea if it still comes w/ the battery and charges or not. 1-1.5k markup from alibaba it appears.

• 1Mother of God

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No idea the thread for it. Saw a video on kinda newer chinese E bikes that was pretty neat. I don't want it for the LARP'ing reasons. I want it for maybe going into town, and scuttling around my property, possibly w/ a mini trailer or something.

Comments said the company named in video is just rebranding chinese bikes, and I think I found it. From description no idea if it still comes w/ the battery and charges or not. 1-1.5k markup from alibaba it appears.

That is one of the cringiest commercial intros I’ve seen. They’re really shoehorning “tactical” and “survival” into everything they can, guess that’s good marketing when your country is winding down. Where are these dudes getting all their spare electricity to charge these war ready bikes overnight? Do they offer tactical electric scooters and survival electric skateboards for city battles?

Sludig

That is one of the cringiest commercial intros I’ve seen. They’re really shoehorning “tactical” and “survival” into everything they can, guess that’s good marketing when your country is winding down. Where are these dudes getting all their spare electricity to charge these war ready bikes overnight? Do they offer tactical electric scooters and survival electric skateboards for city battles?
I said I want it for the farm. But they do cover that it's pretty lengthy to charge off solar. And they are not wrong your setting a lot of bones including E bikes used in Ukraine right now because you can cover rough terrain quietly, kinda the goal of the heavily mufflered diesel dirt bikes the army played with.

I still think it's more practical to take a klr650 or something and just walk the rest of the way to a target if your pretending about ever assaulting some politicians house and hugging everything.

In any case, hoped one of the ev fanatics or in general tech needs might be familiar and know something about these newer kinds of bikes because last I saw like 8 years ago you were talking 15 minutes of 30mph and useless.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to

ebikes are amazing but those are more electric dirbikes right? no pedals?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I said I want it for the farm. But they do cover that it's pretty lengthy to charge off solar. And they are not wrong your setting a lot of bones including E bikes used in Ukraine right now because you can cover rough terrain quietly, kinda the goal of the heavily mufflered diesel dirt bikes the army played with.

I still think it's more practical to take a klr650 or something and just walk the rest of the way to a target if your pretending about ever assaulting some politicians house and hugging everything.

In any case, hoped one of the ev fanatics or in general tech needs might be familiar and know something about these newer kinds of bikes because last I saw like 8 years ago you were talking 15 minutes of 30mph and useless.
Oh I wasn’t digging at you wanting one, they’re cool and would be fun to play around on or use to get across a big chunk of land and not needing to fuck with gas and oil and noise. All our neighborhood kids have mini electric dirtbikes and it’s a blast watching them when they all get together and circle the neighborhood together. I was just making fun of the intro in general.

Also I would like to see Ukrainians on camouflaged e scooters and skateboards doing urban combat.

• 1Like

Sludig

Oh I wasn’t digging at you wanting one, they’re cool and would be fun to play around on or use to get across a big chunk of land and not needing to fuck with gas and oil and noise. All our neighborhood kids have mini electric dirtbikes and it’s a blast watching them when they all get together and circle the neighborhood together. I was just making fun of the intro in general.

Also I would like to see Ukrainians on camouflaged e scooters and skateboards doing urban combat.
I mean I don't think the fighting part will be there but in the Ukraine thread we've seen both Russians basically heading into towns on dirt bikes and sxs's. and I've seen a photo of Ukraine with a law style rocket and a bike that might have been an E or god forbid a pedal because that's be funny.

Siliconemelons

Finally was able to take my Mach-E in to the body shop after waiting like what, 2 months for parts and an opening..

got a tesla model 3 as a loaner.

I want my mach-e back

• 1EyeRoll

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Electric car market globally is poor right now, or maybe it's more accurate to say that it's back to more down to Earth levels. The supply chain issues seem to be gone and the spike in demand from oil price surging in 2022 is over as well.

Pretty interesting site that tracks new/used prices for all Teslas in all markets. 2020 cars were selling for more than new in mid 2022, prices have come down a ton.

1715802368061.png

Even over here where the market is much friendlier towards EVs prices have dropped way down. People were asking 55-60k+ for a 2018 Model S in 2022, already a 4-5 year old car with probably over 100k KM on it at that time. It was madness, same money would get you in a brand new BMW 5 series at the time. Not a particularly high spec one, but still. Premium car with factory warranty and all that.

1715802657331.png

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tesla makes good tech, but they make pretty bad cars. Hype is over, thankfully.
What's your metric for 'bad' here? Overall build quality/consistency? They've had their issues for sure, though anecdotally our 2019 Model 3 has been as consistent/trouble-free as the '09(?) and '14 4Runners and 2010 RAV4 we've had.

Siliconemelons

The tech is awesome. A car UI that is not garbage and does not lag is great.

But the “car” ehh… i know it’s a 3… co worker has a X and had a S and Y. But i only drove his X

The 3 is loud and shifty ….

Now a 3 or a civic? Sure. By even then there is a 10k gap in base to base

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
How in the world is the model 3 loud? I own a X and a Y, and have a bunch of 3's as corporate cars for employees. All of them are quite as shit compared to ICE. Too quiet in fact.

People always like to shit on Tesla, but it's still amazing that someone with little to no car experience was able to create an entire car company from basically nothing. Before Tesla electric cars were a joke. What's interesting is that the best EVs seem to be made by the start-ups: Tesla, Lucid, and Rivian. The ones made by the legacy 3 suck ass. Porsche makes a good electric but it's not mass market. I don't know anything about the Chinese ones.

So yeah, build quality isn't as good as say a BMW or Mercedes, but it's comparable to a Ford, GM, or Chevy. It's much better than some exotic brands like Ferrari and Aston Martin. But you are comparing a company whose been making cars for a decade vs ones making cars for close or over a century. Still, it's not like the build quality sucks. Maybe if you are an autist and every panel has to have a perfect seal, then yes. The cars are perfectly drive able and constructed very well for the most part. Imo it's still the best EV out there. Lucid and Rivian make nice cars as well, but I worry about the long term, both companies are teetering on bankruptcy, and who knows what the future holds with them.

• 1Like
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Rivian will make it, I think they need to lower their prices some. If they can launch the r2 and achieve their price they may make it.

The 3 and Y are what keep tesla going.

Tesla absolutely made the EV market.

When I say loud I mean road noise not…like, the motor ? What is interesting is the motor sound difference from the tesla and the ford.

The tesla drives like my leaf, its and EV a feels like it- the Mach-e you can tell they are trying to make it an EV that feels like a EV bu not too much! And somewhat like a normal car