12 Monkeys

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Loved the original movie. Tried watching this series a few years ago and it didn't click with me after 4ish episodes. Watching it again now tho and I'm hooked. Are all four seasons good?

Juvarisx

Florida
Loved the original movie. Tried watching this series a few years ago and it didn't click with me after 4ish episodes. Watching it again now tho and I'm hooked. Are all four seasons good?

The consensus is that the show got better as it went on. I have been meaning to watch it again as I only watched the first season or so

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Binging this now. Somewhere in s2 currently. A couple thoughts.

1. That crazy chick may have the best thighs I've ever seen on TV, holy shit this chick is weird hot.

They keep saying Cole would disappear if he undid the plague. Over and over. "Why am I still here?" etc. This is obviously incorrect, since they showed clearly that he was born well before the plague. So why do they keep making this obvious mistake? Does this get clear up somehow or just a plot hole?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Binging this now. Somewhere in s2 currently. A couple thoughts.

1. That crazy chick may have the best thighs I've ever seen on TV, holy shit this chick is weird hot.

They keep saying Cole would disappear if he undid the plague. Over and over. "Why am I still here?" etc. This is obviously incorrect, since they showed clearly that he was born well before the plague. So why do they keep making this obvious mistake? Does this get clear up somehow or just a plot hole?
I'm a few episodes into season 2 myself, haven't had anything spoiled for me. Seems like they're addressing this tho. That certain things are meta and always were, and that Dr. Jones' assumptions about causality in time travel are wrong. Definitely frustrating that the show doesn't explain its own mechanics but once I accepted that the mystery of the mechanics is part of the plot the show started to click for me a lot more.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm a few episodes into season 2 myself, haven't had anything spoiled for me. Seems like they're addressing this tho. That certain things are meta and always were, and that Dr. Jones' assumptions about causality in time travel are wrong. Definitely frustrating that the show doesn't explain its own mechanics but once I accepted that the mystery of the mechanics is part of the plot the show started to click for me a lot more.
I don't see it as related to Jones being wrong about causality.

I see no reason that either Cole or Jones should have ever assumed that preventing the plague would erase Cole. He was born after the plague. They show this in a couple episodes in either S1 or S2.

It seems to me that they originally planned him to be born after the plague but then retconned it to born before the plague, but never bothered to update the whole "I'll get erased" schtick. Hope they fix it but as of right now, looks like a major plot hole.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see it as related to Jones being wrong about causality.

I see no reason that either Cole or Jones should have ever assumed that preventing the plague would erase Cole. He was born after the plague. They show this in a couple episodes in either S1 or S2.

It seems to me that they originally planned him to be born after the plague but then retconned it to born before the plague, but never bothered to update the whole "I'll get erased" schtick. Hope they fix it but as of right now, looks like a major plot hole.
they were worried about erasing the "Leland Frost" voicemail message that told Dr. Jones about James Cole, but also apparently Jones had met Cole in 2015 and didn't tell him in 2043. I guess maybe I'm explaining it away in my head as just causality timeline wonkiness. Tho it did seem like when she saw the business card from Cole's dad's garage in her collection of stuff with her daughters blanket, that she was surprised to see it there. Maybe time doesn't slip around Jones quite as well as it does around Cole? Maybe her own memories are wonkified?

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Started this a few days ago and it's good so far. At the end of S1 right now.

I took that Cole disapearing was that that version of him would be gone as the future changes. But wasnt he also paradox proof or something so who knows.

Yea the crazy chick was something else.