12 Monkeys

Oldbased

> Than U
'12 Monkeys' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
EW can also reveal that the third season will debut on May 19 at 8 p.m. ET. In a surprising move, Syfy will air the entire 10-episode season over three consecutive nights starting Friday, May 19 and concluding Sunday, May 21 — the first four episodes will premiere on Friday, with three episodes airing each night on both Saturday and Sunday from 8 p.m.-11 p.m. ET.

season 3 premieres May 19th and will be shown over 3 days (lol???), season 4 already pre approved and will be the final season.

i dunno why TV networks suddenly feel like they gotta be like netflix but whatever it works for me, maybe it lets them sell the season to amazon/netflix faster or something
Well that explains the schedule at least. I was looking the other day for information on 12 monkeys, z nation (sept 19th I think ) and dark matter. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't released schedule wise yet. God I hope they do Dark Matter the same way.

spronk

FPS noob
Season 3 starts tonight, they are putting up 3 or 4 episodes tonight and the rest of the season over the weekend so by sunday night you can watch the entire thing. Its already been confirmed for a fourth and final season which will presumably air next year.

Oldbased

> Than U
I love how they released it all at once. I set it to record last night and it recorded all 10 or maybe 12. I'll have to look after the next episode.
So far this season is crazy as hell.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I just finished this season. Pretty damn good. Sucks that it is ending after next season.

I sort of suspected ethan wasn't the bad guy. Will be interesting to see if he makes it back next season or not.

Oldbased

> Than U
The show was much easier to follow in this format. They wasted much of it on "the witness" which I guess is the centerpoint to begin with but it was a lot of saving the witness, kill the witness, follow the witness, send the witness someplace else, no bring the witness here and more witness, witness, witness. By the end of it I just wanted to go stand in the street and scream WITNESS MEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Better than last season imo though.

spronk

FPS noob
Great season, while I thought the first 4-6 episodes were a bit slow and repetitive they did a great setup for the last 3 episodes, which were rocking bad ass proper sci fi. Its always amazing how much a single actor can elevate a show, adult Athan is an actor I absolutely love and he really turned in a fantastic (albeit maybe typecast) performance. He and Jennifer really made the season, which is kinda funny, the two main leads were decent but pretty predictable too.

Jennifer should win an emmy for this scene

also deleted scene from season 3, episode 9 going a bit into plot backstory

ShakyJake

<Donor>
When they first revealed the adult witness, did anyone else think it was Kirk Acevedo? Those two actors look awfully similar:

th

th

Oldbased

> Than U
Great season, while I thought the first 4-6 episodes were a bit slow and repetitive they did a great setup for the last 3 episodes, which were rocking bad ass proper sci fi. Its always amazing how much a single actor can elevate a show, adult Athan is an actor I absolutely love and he really turned in a fantastic (albeit maybe typecast) performance. He and Jennifer really made the season, which is kinda funny, the two main leads were decent but pretty predictable too.

Jennifer should win an emmy for this scene

also deleted scene from season 3, episode 9 going a bit into plot backstory
Basically my feelings on the season as well. It did drag a bit in the middle but watching it this way was much better and easier to follow along. This show didn't do well for me spread out weekly because it was easy to lose track of all the little plots in time.
Also this will sound odd, but it is the first time, well maybe second time I found crazy being attractive. She seemed "fun". First time would have been Winona Ryder during that awards show.

spronk

FPS noob
The fourth and final season starts tonight, 3 episodes back to back. I'm probably going to wait until the entire season is available and just binge watch, the slower episodes don't seem too bad that way.

They are going to air 3 episodes every week for 3 weeks then air the 2 part finale on July 6th.

Oldbased

> Than U
Damn. Been a year already?
I'm doing the Spronk method. Going to wait for all I think and binge it like last year.
While the series is ending, they knew it was ending and said it will answer all questions and plots.
That makes it worth investing the time into for me since I watched 3 seasons already.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I watched the first three episodes. Thought they were pretty good. I'm glad they know they are ending, gave the writers a way to finish the story.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Did this show ever coalesce into something good? The time jumping made it annoying to keep track of wtf was going on. Think I made it through the first half of the first season.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did this show ever coalesce into something good? The time jumping made it annoying to keep track of wtf was going on. Think I made it through the first half of the first season.

It is a pretty complex show to follow but I have enjoyed it. Last season and this one they went to more of a binge format where they show multiple episodes on one day and do that for a few weeks to do the season fast. It is a lot more enjoyable watching a few back to back as its easier to track what is going on.

Oldbased

> Than U
I was bored so started in on the 6 out so far.
Man the production quality for special effects, writing and action scenes was pretty top notch for a show that is ending and maybe best of series on episode 1 of this season. Hope it continues

spronk

FPS noob
Just binged through the entire final season, was a bit confused at first since its been a while since I saw the last season and I didn't know some of the characters or what happened but it came along pretty easily. Definitely a emotional roller coaster that hits hard, really enjoyed it though and would recommend to anyone who enjoyed the previous seasons. The final season reminds me a lot of Farscape for a lot of reasons.

Not sure I'd rate it as a top 5 sci fi show or anything but its pretty damn good, its not an insane number of episodes - 55 or so total - and the time travel mechanics, paradoxes, etc are really great to see explored in such depth and detail. It is amazing how much they were able to do on what must be insanely tiny budgets, and the main cast were all fantastic and worked so great together. Never been a fan of the actor playing James but I grew to like him by the end.

Cassie though is so fucking hot, I'd go into the Red Forest for her anytime

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I just finished the two part finale. I thought it was a good conclusion to the story.
I figured that they would continue the cycle, since they were putting everyone back into their proper place and showed Olivia's corpse going back with the plague. The happy feel good ending, I don't think quite fit the series but I was satisfied with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
buncha props from this show and Warehouse 13 are up for auction, hundreds
SYFY

liked both shows but not enough to really own anything