2016 Oscars

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hope to fuck Tom Hardy wins. He and Bale are the only contenders I think.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
all my black facebook friends are crying about white people crying about Leo when Will Smith hasn't won an oscar yet either.

Like they're bodies of oscar worthy film are comparable or something.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
No, Theron for best actress nod for Fury Road is just another example of the CIS white mail patriarchy.
I know you're being sarcastic but it really wouldn't have made sense for any Mad Max actors to get nominations. Great movie but there isn't much acting going on in it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
all my black facebook friends are crying about white people crying about Leo when Will Smith hasn't won an oscar yet either.

Like they're bodies of oscar worthy film are comparable or something.
I, Robot makes Bladerunner look like a pile of puke!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm hoping for a Mad Max sweep at the Oscars, but I'll play it safe and practical and go with "Spotlight" for best picture, Alejandro Gonz?lez I??rritu for best director, Leo for best actor, Blanchett for best actress, Bale for supporting actor, McAdams for supporting actress, MM:FR best cinematography (and the rest of the awards are pretty much irrelevant).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to bet that the Academy attempt to stick to George Lucas. You wait and see if TFA don't steal a few this year. Agreed though.. Mad Max should win the majority of its nominations assuming no ignorance comes into play. I won't repost my feelings on this but you can see them in the TFA post.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Gonna need to separate yourpicksfrom yourpredictionsthis year. Too many "issue movies" nominated to actually let REAL cinematic miracles like Fury Road to sweep the floor like it deserves to.

Fury Road literally should NOT exist. It's filmmaking from an alternate universe where craft and artisanship were never subsumed beneath earnings projections and excessive CGI.

But this year we got a movie about a European dickchopper, a lesbian couple, and a feminist SJW immigrant transplant from Brooklyn--which is like 78% of the academy voters' demographic.

So yeah, Mad Max's chances are slim.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I have a sneaking suspicion Mad Max will not win anything. They'll give 'The Revenant' the Cinematography even though its filming is incredibly generic. They'll give Best Visuals to 'The Martian' even though half the movie was shot inside a fucking hut or at a NASA office

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm just going to predict best picture goes to either

The Martian
The Revenant

Based off Academy choices those are what I know they like. I'm going to edge up Revenant to win just based off the Golden Globes, and previous selections they made in the past.

spronk

FPS noob
Best Picture - Spotlight
Best Actor - Eddie dickchopper Redmayne
Best Actress - Brie Larson
Best Supporting - Sly Stallone, Creed
BS Actress - Rachel McAdams
Best Director - Revenant

Mad Max will win a bunch of technical awards

in all the "no black people on the lists!" talk, its kinda funny how hispanics are even worse off than blacks, across the board. especially since blacks are 13% of the country and hispanics are now like 20-30% of America.

iannis

Musty Nester
As long as mad max wins a shitload of technicals justice will have been served.

It's not the kind of movie that they're gonna give best picture to. They probably WILL give that to The Martian.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
ya never know, Fury Road could sweep, trump could get elected president. Bizarro World, sign of the times that people are just fed the fuck up with the PC bullshit.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Umm, this isn't the people's choice awards it's academy members only....

You nerds are delusional.
Yeah the academy is ultra left fascists but as we all know the left are the most hate filled bigots around. They only have room in their hearts for one darling at a time and right now that's dick choppers, sorry black people go fuck yourselves. With no dick choppers up forbest picture, heaven forbid the academy actually allows the award to go to the actual best picture of 2015.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
During "Mad Max: Fury Road," MOTORCYCLES jump over a MOVING TRUCK! There is a sandstorm! There is a car that looks like a hedgehog! Trucks explode! It's like a Michael Bay movie, but if Michael Bay knew how to direct in a way that didn't leave you disoriented and in need of Dramamine. And there's real storytelling, too, and it was even feminist enough to make certain niche groups of men on the Internet angry!

That is an awesome quote. I will disagree with her article on one point, however. I saw "The Big Short" yesterday. Easily the second best movie of the year (only behind MM:FR) Christian Bale is now officially the best actor in Hollywood (sorry, DDL).