2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well you knew that was coming. Followed up by Sid getting a 2nd Conn Smythe over Malkin (most points in the playoffs, 2nd most goals), and Guentzel (most goals in the playoffs). 2 years in a row I'd argue other guys on his own team deserved it more.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd have gone Malkin this year, but last year the Kessel stuff was a bit overblown. That HBK line was playing against teams bottom pairings and 3/4th lines and Sid had 3 less points against their shutdown lines.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly best would have been if they gave it to Murray and Fleury somehow. They won more games than any skater did. Fuck, Murray just threw back to back shutouts to clinch the fucking Cup. They combined for 5 shutouts

Merrith

I'd have gone Malkin this year, but last year the Kessel stuff was a bit overblown. That HBK line was playing against teams bottom pairings and 3/4th lines and Sid had 3 less points against their shutdown lines.

Murray though? He was unreal last year

Merrith

Honestly best would have been if they gave it to Murray and Fleury somehow. They won more games than any skater did. Fuck, Murray just threw back to back shutouts to clinch the fucking Cup. They combined for 5 shutouts

If it had been just one of them, maybe. But they didn't reward Murray for last year either so I don't know.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, at least Sens fans can say that we lost a hard fought series to the return champs. That ain't half bad.

Merrith

Burn ESPN to the ground.

Going to have to defend Sid here. Playing a sport where it's far tougher to win championships. 3-1 career Finals record (versus Lebron's about to be 3-5). First team to win back to back titles in 19 years. There's no comparison, Crosby > Lebron.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since Mario entered the league...

fuasrfQ.jpg

Fadaar

That guy
Good move for both teams. Gives the Lightning one less player they have to protect for the expansion draft.