2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a LOT to be said about longevity and guys who do it over a long period of time. Call it "compiling stats", but I'll take the dude who has 1000+ receiving yards every year for 10+ years over the dude who has 10k receiving yards in 2 years. I guess Jerry was just a "stat-compiler" because he played so long, eh?

Owens is 3rd in yards, 3rd in TDs, and 8th in receptions. Johnson is nowhere near those numbers. You can say he played for the Lions, but that also means you're playing for a team that is going to throw it 50+ times a game because they're shit. He also got to play most of his career in a league where you can't touch a WR or a QB. He's obviously an all-time great, but he needed another 3-4 years of that level of gameplay to reach "god tier" status IMO. Andre Johnson has much better numbers and he played for an absolute dogshit team in the Texans and NEVER had a QB even on the level of somebody average like Stafford.

I agree and disagree with this. There's absolutely something to be said for guys who continue to perform at a high level with longevity, and not all of them are "stat compilers"...but some are. Gronk hasn't had nearly as long a career as a Tony Gonzalez yet, but I'm pretty comfortable calling him the best TE of all time.

When you say nowhere near those numbers comparing Calvin Johnson and TO, he shouldn't be given he only played 9 seasons and TO played 15. He's only 4,300 yards and 447 receptions short of TO...in SIX less seasons. 70 TD's shy is the one stat I don't see him catching even with 6 more years, I'll say that.

I'm pretty comfortable saying TO was snubbed hard not being a first ballot hall of famer given his career. Also holy fuck didn't remember him putting up 983 yards and 9 TD's in only 14 games with Cincy in 2010 at age 37.

Andre Johnson was a very good WR. He's not on Calvin Johnson's level, though. Teams absolutely schemed to try and prevent Megatron from getting the ball as much as possible. Far more so than Andre Johnson ever dealt with. Likely more so than even TO ever dealt with in his career.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Yeah TO was still putting up numbers at 37 and would have done it into his 40s had he not burned so many bridges. You can talk about Calvin Johnson being a freakish combination of height/speed/athleticism, but Terrell Owens is the definition of physical freak. There’s a video from a couple years ago he was 46 years old running sprints with Tyreek Hill, dude looked like a 28 year old in peak physical condition.

I wrote a bunch of shit about TO because he was my favorite athlete for a large portion of my life and I went on a semi rant.
Owens is a legend of the game and for him to not be first ballot was a good reminder of how much of a racket the pro sports HOFs are.

Not only were his numbers enough to put him amongst the greatest to ever do it, but he had multiple ‘legend’ (for lack of a better term) moments. 49ers fans will remember The Catch II, from before Terrell Owens became TO. They’ll also remember his sick performance in the 38-14 comeback against the NYG when Michael Strahan made himself look like the tool that he is. My favorite 49er Owens moment was him sprinting to make key blocks on the Garrison Hearst 98 yard overtime TD against the Jets.

Eagles fans will remember that he came in and immediately put his money where his mouth was. 81 yard TD on his first play with mcnabb preseason. Dude had 20 TDs in 21 games with the eagles.

All nfl fans will remember the coming back from a broken leg in 7 weeks to go 9 for 122 in the super bowl. Also, drug overdose and sit-ups in the driveway.

Hes also the player that ushered in and defined an era that brought a lot more fun to the game, in my opinion, and a lot of people hate him for it. The Dallas star, the sharpie in the sock, the Pom poms and popcorn chugging. Mocking Rey Lewis’ dance was my personal favorite.

Dude even caught passes from steamin’ Willie Beamen.

No he’s not the best WR ever, neither in terms of peak or longevity, but when you have a pro sports league whose entire purpose is entertainment I can’t think of anyone who is more Hall of Fame than TO.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah TO was still putting up numbers at 37 and would have done it into his 40s had he not burned so many bridges. You can talk about Calvin Johnson being a freakish combination of height/speed/athleticism, but Terrell Owens is the definition of physical freak. There’s a video from a couple years ago he was 46 years old running sprints with Tyreek Hill, dude looked like a 28 year old in peak physical condition.

I wrote a bunch of shit about TO because he was my favorite athlete for a large portion of my life and I went on a semi rant.
Owens is a legend of the game and for him to not be first ballot was a good reminder of how much of a racket the pro sports HOFs are.

Not only were his numbers enough to put him amongst the greatest to ever do it, but he had multiple ‘legend’ (for lack of a better term) moments. 49ers fans will remember The Catch II, from before Terrell Owens became TO. They’ll also remember his sick performance in the 38-14 comeback against the NYG when Michael Strahan made himself look like the tool that he is. My favorite 49er Owens moment was him sprinting to make key blocks on the Garrison Hearst 98 yard overtime TD against the Jets.

Eagles fans will remember that he came in and immediately put his money where his mouth was. 81 yard TD on his first play with mcnabb preseason. Dude had 20 TDs in 21 games with the eagles.

All nfl fans will remember the coming back from a broken leg in 7 weeks to go 9 for 122 in the super bowl. Also, drug overdose and sit-ups in the driveway.

Hes also the player that ushered in and defined an era that brought a lot more fun to the game, in my opinion, and a lot of people hate him for it. The Dallas star, the sharpie in the sock, the Pom poms and popcorn chugging. Mocking Rey Lewis’ dance was my personal favorite.

Dude even caught passes from steamin’ Willie Beamen.

No he’s not the best WR ever, neither in terms of peak or longevity, but when you have a pro sports league whose entire purpose is entertainment I can’t think of anyone who is more Hall of Fame than TO.

A lot of people just remember TO from his antics and forget how physically gifted he was.

He was no Calvin Johnson, though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
TO actually beat out Chad as the Bengals #1 WR that year. No one saw that coming.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Las Vegas at Cincinnati - Mr. Eyelashes is actually gonna have a good game with only 2 INTs and 4 TD's and roll over Bungles

New England at Buffalo - Hooded Death is going to sacrifice a baby goat to the The Lady of Perpetual Winning and inject Jones with whatever juice he gave Brady in 2003 to keep this fucking thing going for another 20 years

Philadelphia at Tampa Bay - It's over before the halftime. Not because Bucs are up 27 points but because the commentators have creamed themselves into a coma prasing Brady and are unable to continue

San Francisco at Dallas - Dak forgets to take his morning pills and 49ers are gonna win in OT.

Pittsburgh at Kansas City - Chiefs will somehow find a way to blow this and prevent Ben from retiring

Arizona at Los Angeles - Stafford is gonna do the impossible and win a game in post season

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Carr hasn't thrown for more than 2 TDs in a game this season. No way he throws for four against the Bengals. Even I, the forever Bengals downer, think they'll end the longest playoff win drought in the NFL today.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
weather in Buffalo looks quite chilled. Darth Bill gonna go for 2 pass attempts and the W?

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Las Vegas at Cincinnati

New England at Buffalo

Philadelphia at Tampa Bay

San Francisco
at Dallas - gotta go with my lifelong fandom. ride until i die.

Pittsburgh at Kansas City

Arizona
at Los Angeles

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
I really just want the Bengals, Bills, and Steelers to win to throw the AFC into pure chaos. Three of the remaining teams have never won a SB to include #1 seed Titans. Cards the only SB-less team on the NFC side.

• 2Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even I, the forever Bengals downer, think they'll end the longest playoff win drought in the NFL today.
itshappening.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Moron
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/2c/af/5e/2caf5ee718120d546dbfc3fae2274a35--girl-style-car-girls.jpg
I think I would almost want a signed Raiderette Calendar, my ex brother in law who got me into the Raiders has one from the later 80's early 90's; also because Carolina didn't have a team and the Raiders chicks are the fucking hottest and he was from Redding California. So I chose the Raiders as my team even after Carolina got their expansion team. I bleed Silver and Black baby! I will never turn my back to my Nation the RAIDER NATION! I mean Emily Compagno was a freaking Raiderette! Just win baby! Doesn't look like the weather is going to be great in Cincinnati and Derek Carr in the weather never that good of a combo, run Jacobs RUN! But to my fellow Bengal fans, good luck and hope it is a good game and the refs don't fuck it up for the Raiders :p In all seriousness, I do hope it is a good game, nobody gets hurt and Just Win Baby! KRA KRA KRA KRA!

Attachments

• b69f0ef43b168a04671de8a787f92ed4.jpg
    b69f0ef43b168a04671de8a787f92ed4.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 20
  • raiders 4e83b19717da5.jpg
    raiders 4e83b19717da5.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 19
  • 0d915dd77954c9a3965f302d5f22c219.jpg
    0d915dd77954c9a3965f302d5f22c219.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 05af3f95ba3755dc9ba2542022d8ecf3--glamour-photography-white-photography.jpg
    05af3f95ba3755dc9ba2542022d8ecf3--glamour-photography-white-photography.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 19
  • gv0e6pr5ewd8uz1jxu51.jpg
    gv0e6pr5ewd8uz1jxu51.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 1Like

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I really just want the Bengals, Bills, and Steelers to win to throw the AFC into pure chaos. Three of the remaining teams have never won a SB to include #1 seed Titans. Cards the only SB-less team on the NFC side.
Raiders going on to rep the AFC :)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I just want the Pats to destroy the Bills. I have no love for Darth Cheat, but the Bills players/fans have turned into real fags and they haven't won fucking shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just want the Pats to destroy the Bills. I have no love for Darth Cheat, but the Bills players/fans have turned into real fags and they haven't won fucking shit.
Careful man, don't wanna get on the wrong side of the Mafia.

• 2Worf

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
It's so rare for me to ever meet a bills fan, but damn are they that bad?. Rooting for the pats because bills fans are assholes seems crazy. pats fan are top tier shit fans, right there with the eagles, cowgirls and steelers.

• 2Solidarity

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Carr hasn't thrown for more than 2 TDs in a game this season. No way he throws for four against the Bengals. Even I, the forever Bengals downer, think they'll end the longest playoff win drought in the NFL today.
I think today is the day as well. WHO DEY!

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's so rare for me to ever meet a bills fan, but damn are they that bad?. Rooting for the pats because bills fans are assholes seems crazy. pats fan are top tier shit fans, right there with the eagles, cowgirls and steelers.
To be fair, it has more to do with how their players have been acting and things they've been saying. That said, their fans have been acting like they're the "team to beat" and they haven't won fuck. They're good at losing Super Bowls though.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Very happy for Joe Burrow. I was worried when his knee got destroyed but man he has come back and played like it never happened. If not he is better now, he lead the league in completion percentage at 70 this year. Got the Bengals into the playoffs and won the division. Kid is special.

edit: 5-6 years ago that wouldnt have been a catch in the NFL. The stupid catch all the way to the ground rule was so out of hand, culminating in the Dez Bryant no TD call in the playoffs.

• 1Like