2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I always dislike this kind of take. The 49ers exceeded expectations for the season, but absolutely had business being there. I and many others wrote them off after the 2-4 start, but they played well in the second half of the season and earned their playoff spot. They outplayed 2 of the highest scoring offenses in the league in the first 2 rounds and held them to low point totals.

Last night they played a close game against a good Rams team and both teams had a lot of “what if” plays that could have changed the game one way or the other. It’s not like San Francisco got blown the fuck out.

I agree with this. The only parts of the 49ers that aren't superbowl quality are the corners and the quarterback, and the corners actually got better at the end of the season. Mosely and Thomas are "adequate" which couldn't be said of some of the guys we had in there this season (Josh Norman). It definitely took them a while to get it together this year but down the stretch they were a solid contender.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
You keep saying this and I legit don't understand what you are talking about.
Just read your fellow 9er fans wet dreams about getting a veteran QB in like Rodgers or some such nonsense. Even when you have the "future" sitting on the bench and have invested a TON of draft capital into him already. The copium that will be consumed when they realize the veteran savior isn't coming and they have to go through next year with Lance as the #1 is going to be glorious.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you say so. I think most 9er fans expect Lance to start next year and expect him to have some ups and downs along the way.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just read your fellow 9er fans wet dreams about getting a veteran QB in like Rodgers or some such nonsense. Even when you have the "future" sitting on the bench and have invested a TON of draft capital into him already. The copium that will be consumed when they realize the veteran savior isn't coming and they have to go through next year with Lance as the #1 is going to be glorious.
Are you referring to me memeing about getting Rodgers, Brady, or Wilson? 70% of this thread is me telling 49er fans to prepare their assholes for next season, because Jimmy WILL be gone, Lance WILL be the starter, and we'll be lucky to be 8-9. Every sane 49er fan knows Lance is coming and he's probably going to suck for a while as he figures out the NFL.

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Are you referring to me memeing about getting Rodgers, Brady, or Wilson? 70% of this thread is me telling 49er fans to prepare their assholes for next season, because Jimmy WILL be gone, Lance WILL be the starter, and we'll be lucky to be 8-9. Every sane 49er fan knows Lance is coming and he's probably going to suck for a while as he figures out the NFL.
So that's 3 people in the entire world. Well done.

• 1Worf
  • 1OK, Sure

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey Kirun how did Jimmy G work out?

How long did it take Joe Burrow "to figure out the NFL"?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hey Kirun how did Jimmy G work out?
2 NFC Championship game appearances and 1 SB appearance in the 2 full seasons he had as a starter? Pretty damn well.

But, we should move this conversation to the offseason thread. This isn't a thread for losers.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I said it half in jest. Expecting Lance, hoping for Rodgers. Its not an unreasonable hope since we know Rodgers wanted out - so why wouldn't he want to come home to a fully loaded team. Niners had the same fucking opportunity with Brady and said nah, we're good with Jimmy... Lost another ring or two because of it. If the opportunity actually comes again they better not fuck it up.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Any QB who isn't as good as Joe Burrow should be fired on the spot, amiryte?

y2qsks5yreyona4bvb3b

• 2Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

So that's 3 people in the entire world. Well done.
Oh, so you're trolling. Got it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I mean the Niners have a good team obviously but why would a QB want to go to the toughest division in football when you can get an easy walk to the #1 seed in say the NFC North every year. NFC South also gonna be trash and your only competition in the NFC Least are the Cowgirls.

6th time in the past decade the NFC West is in the Superbowl, hopefully we can finally win another one though lol.

• 2Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I mean the Niners have a good team obviously but why would a QB want to go to the toughest division in football when you can get an easy walk to the #1 seed in say the NFC North every year. NFC South also gonna be trash and your only competition in the NFC Least are the Cowgirls.

6th time in the past decade the NFC West is in the Superbowl, hopefully we can finally win another one though lol.
Competing in a strong division is a good early barometer of if you want to know if you really have a chance IMO. Dominating the NFC North hasn't panned out for Green Bay. Why? Because they don't get exposed by their weak division rivals and therefore don't see the need for changing the gameplan until it's too late and a team like SF is punking you in your house in the playoffs. Again.

It's a tradeoff. You can go easy and hope a #1 seed pays off, or you can jump in the hottest fires and be forged into the strongest steel.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's a tradeoff. You can go easy and hope a #1 seed pays off, or you can jump in the hottest fires and be forged into the strongest steel.
Seems to have worked out pretty well for the Patriots.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I mean the Niners have a good team obviously but why would a QB want to go to the toughest division in football when you can get an easy walk to the #1 seed in say the NFC North every year.

For the same reason Brady wanted to - he grew up a 9er fan, wanted to be like Joe, and nothing would be sweeter than capping off his career with a title while wearing the red and gold. I don't think guys like this are looking at the difficulty of the division. They regard themselves as the best ever, and if they get plugged in to a good team they think they can win it, regardless of the other circumstances.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Should find out what Brady has to say on Brady later today, new podcast will be out

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Competing in a strong division is a good early barometer of if you want to know if you really have a chance IMO. Dominating the NFC North hasn't panned out for Green Bay. Why? Because they don't get exposed by their weak division rivals and therefore don't see the need for changing the gameplan until it's too late and a team like SF is punking you in your house in the playoffs. Again.

In the packers case its more than this, though I agree this is a big part of it. Rodgers is just not a good playoff QB. Our one SB was under arguably the best defense GB has ever had, relative to its era. It was just not as obvious when McDoofus was distracting from it with his buffoonery. AR is not buying into LaFluers offence in crunch time any time he can toss to his boyfriend Adams. If he would stop trying to be a drama queen and actually follow the plan, he likely would have gotten another ring this year. Instead he went of the reservation and put up his worst playoff performance ever, other than the Eli Manning raping a while back.

Clearly having a shit division never hurt the Pats that much, so it comes down to discipline. And one thing the Niners have a lot of is discipline. They had no business going that far in the playoffs, but they had neither the worst offence and certainly not the worst defense in the playoffs (Grats Steelers). And arguably, it was their special teams that carried them the furthest, as many of the playoff teams (and GB was the worst offender) had dogshit special teams. Niners are and were a playoff calibre team, but Jimmy has very little to do with that. Pretty sure they will be just fine with the new guy next year.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
On the other hand the Niners were the 3rd place NFC West team and squeaked into the playoffs with an OT win in a game they were down 17-0.

Kyle Shanahan is 39-42 in the regular season. (and half those wins are probably against the Rams hehehe)

• 1Like