2021 Academy Awards: why even bother

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
I can't think of another year where i've seen a lower percentage of nominated movies. I've seen very, very few of these.

Fadaar

That guy
lets see if I've seen anything nominated

edit: nope not a single one. never saw Tenet or Borat 2 for those wondering.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't think of another year where i've seen a lower percentage of nominated movies. I've seen very, very few of these.
Not just seen, I haven't even heard of most of them.

Says a lot about where we are right now that Borat has a nomination though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, I haven't been in a movie theater in well over a year. I'm sure that's true of a lot of people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How in gods name is Borat nominated for anything? is it because it's a leftist wetdream ?

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Went through the whole thing, and it's actually got 2 nominations. Supporting actress and screenplay (seriously).

Only movies I've seen are Promising Young Woman and Soul.

Any wins this year will cheapen every other Oscar ever awarded.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
wtf is with these nominations? what are these movies?
9e7af13a3e5f48e57cf4cadf317eba86.png

are they nominating shit just so that they can give black panther guy a post humus award cuz BLM?

they just want to make this the bet awards, look at this
120f2ecf4d4a38deaba8b940782801c7.png

three of these nominees are black, when has there ever been TWO black nominees in the same category, let alone 3?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
wtf is with these nominations? what are these movies?
9e7af13a3e5f48e57cf4cadf317eba86.png

are they nominating shit just so that they can give black panther guy a post humus award cuz BLM?

they just want to make this the bet awards, look at this
120f2ecf4d4a38deaba8b940782801c7.png

three of these nominees are black, when has there ever been TWO black nominees in the same category, let alone 3?

Completely agree, Chadwick boseman posthumous BLM win for sure.

Never heard of any of this shit. Where the fuck were they released LOL.

BTW since the academy awards suck, may as well tell you here, I fried up some chicken tenders from scratch using Chef John's nashville hot chicken recipe. Pretty damn delicious!! Just way too much work to marinate, batter, etc.

• 2Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Completely agree, Chadwick boseman posthumous BLM win for sure.

Never heard of any of this shit. Where the fuck were they released LOL.

BTW since the academy awards suck, may as well tell you here, I fried up some chicken tenders from scratch using Chef John's nashville hot chicken recipe. Pretty damn delicious!! Just way too much work to marinate, batter, etc.
yea the problem i've found with doing a good fry is that you practically MUST double dredge
1. dredge in flour
2. marinade/egg mixture
3. dredge again

i've seen comparisons where they do not do the initial dredge and it doesn't produce a good enough fry, basically the initial dredge is like putting down primer to paint a wall, you just get better results.

i recently did this with chicken katsu and it was amazing looking.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

hory

I'm pretty sure if you're up against a minority you might as well not even get in front of your webcam.

• 2Like

Animosity

A lot of these were straight to streaming movies. Sound of Metal was really good, but probably wont win.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
At least they're not pretending Spike Lee has released anything watchable in 15 years

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
these movies were so off the radar, we didnt even make any threads about them on here. well cept Soul, because it was Pixar. and it was pretty good. a few more years of this and the movie industry will start purging these overpaid and overrated actors.

Cybsled

Barely anything got released in 2020. It’s easier to win a contest when there are less contestants to go against, and the ones you do go against are all in your league

Sevens

Log Wizard
A lot of these were straight to streaming movies. Sound of Metal was really good, but probably wont win.
I thought that to be Oscar contention a movie had to have at least a limited theatrical release?
Did they wave this for the Kung Flu?