marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They really should just shut him down for the year at this point

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Apology accepted.

Fine, if you're going to be a faggot on top of a dumbshit.

He never claimed to have edited the footage and nobody thinks he did so he's not plagiarising anything. Under your retarded understanding, the original guy didn't cite the NFL, the network, or the players so he's also plagiarising.

I get dumb people have trouble with concepts like plagiarism, but then why argue about it

• 2Worf
  • 1Cringe

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I get dumb people have trouble with concepts like plagiarism, but then why argue about it
I don't think you're dumb but you plainly don't don't remember what you were taught in your very first semester of college about attributing sources. That's what's so strange about this argument and the position you are taking. There is no ambiguity here, there are no shades of grey. Schefter used footage created by someone else without citing them. That is plagiarism, plain and simple.

The argument about whether or not the plagiarism is due to laziness or intentional theft is a subjective one though. The extra effort he went through to re-host the video himself compared to how simple it would have been to just link the original post is a very strong argument that he was trying to pass it off as his own work, but it's not an indisputable point of fact like the plagiarism itself is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On the one hand Ambiturner loves going all in on stupid shit, but on the other hand this has to be the weirdest white knight derail I have seen you do.

Either case, you two fighting is way better entertainment than everything that happened after the Tua meltdown in the NFL, so credit where it is due....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't think you're dumb but you plainly don't don't remember what you were taught in your very first semester of college about attributing sources. That's what's so strange about this argument and the position you are taking. There is no ambiguity here, there are no shades of grey. Schefter used footage created by someone else without citing them. That is plagiarism, plain and simple.

The argument about whether or not the plagiarism is due to laziness or intentional theft is a subjective one though. The extra effort he went through to re-host the video himself compared to how simple it would have been to just link the original post is a very strong argument that he was trying to pass it off as his own work, but it's not an indisputable point of fact like the plagiarism itself is.

It's really not that black/white and there are differences between journalistic and academic plagiarism. Also not sure why you think I'm making up the original content part, you also have legitimate expectation of original authorship, which again I'm not making up.

If I hear a Mark Twain quote that I like from a friend, you wouldn't cite your friend as the source. The guy hitting the record button on a public broadcast is the same thing. You don't get to just record something on TV and claim you own it.

I don't really care either way about Adam Schefter and think this makes him look lazy, but don't agree that it's plagiarism.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's really not that black/white and there are differences between journalistic and academic plagiarism. Also not sure why you think I'm making up the original content part, you also have legitimate expectation of original authorship, which again I'm not making up.

If I hear a Mark Twain quote that I like from a friend, you wouldn't cite your friend as the source. The guy hitting the record button on a public broadcast is the same thing. You don't get to just record something on TV and claim you own it.

I don't really care either way about Adam Schefter and think this makes him look lazy, but don't agree that it's plagiarism.

Thanks for dropping in with another pointless cliche, you're a very well respected poster
No surprise that you're incapable of admitting when you're wrong. Misrepresenting the facts on top of continually trying to inject irrelevant arguments is a nice touch.

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No surprise that you're incapable of admitting when you're wrong. Misrepresenting the facts on top of continually trying to inject irrelevant arguments is a nice touch.

Then maybe I'm misunderstanding what's happening. My understanding is:

1. Guy records a play from an NFL broadcast on his TV and tweets it
2. Shefter uses that video instead of going through more work to get the same video from the NFL directly
3. Nerds everywhere are outraged

Is there something I'm missing?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

2. Shefter uses that video instead of going through more work to get the same video from the NFL directly

Are you kidding me with this shit? At the very beginning of this argument I pointed out that it wasn't just a repost of unedited broadcast footage, which I wouldn't have had to do in the first place if you'd spared the twenty goddamn seconds to actually watch the clip being argued about. But you couldn't trouble yourself to do that just like you couldn't trouble yourself to actually read what the person you were arguing with was saying. You just said "fuck it, I'm gonna shit up this thread by disagreeing with this person even though I have no fucking clue what's actually being discussed".

Kaines

Potato Supreme

You're missing the part where the guys edited the original broadcast video by slowing it way down and focusing on Tua. The original broadcast did none of that. So he at least put in a modicum of effort into the video he posted.

Whether he had the right to do that is immaterial to the overriding question of whether Schefter lifting the edited video in totality without citing the tweet makes him a slimy journalist.

I say it doesn't matter because Schefter has been proven to be a lying, dishonest piece of shit journalist long before this incident.

• 3Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Resume submissions for Asshat of the year don't start till 1/1/2023. You can stop with the wasted efforts.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
too many jump cuts my brain just exploded.

Imagine the editing process for that material lol. And I cant tell if she is hot or mid. Is it her nose?

• 1Worf