2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Fadaar

That guy
Sean Payton back in NO with Tom Brady. (Is what I'd do if I was Tom)

He stays in dogshit division but with a better coach and team.

they need to win the super bowl again this year so i dont have to care what happens next. it wont happen but i can dream.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You keep invoking my name like you want something to happen.

christopher lambert highlander GIF

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Tim Tebow. Is there a good write up (or video) documenting exactly why he was so dominant in college, but so, so shitty in the pros?

His record as a starter is 10-6 and didn't he get the broncs into the playoffs? I don't think that counts as "so shitty". My memory is that he wasn't given a chance to earn a job because Elway didn't like him. I assumed no one else liked him because he was openly Christian. OK Ok I'm halfway kidding, but the point is, he wasn't given much of a chance. Possibly because of his personality. 10-6 is a pretty good start to a quarterbacking career though.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
His record as a starter is 10-6 and didn't he get the broncs into the playoffs? I don't think that counts as "so shitty". My memory is that he wasn't given a chance to play because Elway didn't like him. I assumed no one else liked him because he was openly Christian. OK Ok I'm halfway kidding, but the point is, he wasn't given much of a chance. Possibly because of his personality. 10-6 is a pretty good start to a quarterbacking career.

Think he ended up 10-13 or 10-14.

His "magical run" he went like 7-4 and was carried by the defense. Completed 45% of his passes for a whole 1700 yards.

Then when he went to the Jets he went 6-8 for 39 yards, and that's with him starting 2 games.

He was given more of a chance then he deserved

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
His record as a starter is 10-6 and didn't he get the broncs into the playoffs?
The Broncos got into the playoffs that year in spite of Tebow, not because of Tebow.

I'm pretty sure he also had some game where he went 2-9 passing for like 20 yards and a pick, yet the Broncos still managed to win somehow. This was the maddening part about him in the NFL. He's everything you want in a teammate and player. He's just not very effective at what he does (play QB).

Personally, I liked the guy because he had guts to stand up for what he believed. I also agreed that he just wasn't very effective at playing QB too.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Tim Tebow has the worst throwing motion and slowest release I've ever seen in an NFL game. When you gotta get the ball out in less than 3 seconds, adding an extra 0.4s to your release is a huge detriment.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Think he ended up 10-13 or 10-14.

10-6 was the record as a starter. I think your number might be if you include any game where he played at least one down. It's 14-21 if you count the games where he was simply on the team.

This was the maddening part about him in the NFL. He's everything you want in a teammate and player. He's just not very effective at what he does (play QB).

He's a winner. The league just hadn't figured out how he was winning yet. It reminds me of Emmit Smith. The first few years, even while he was leading the league in rushing, no one understood how he was doing it. He didn't look impressive. He wasn't fast. He didn't scramble. He didn't run through tackles. He wasn't all that exciting to watch (exact opposite of Barry Sanders). They said it was all the o-line and that anyone could run behind it. 15 years down the road, we looked back and realized it was because no one ever got a clean shot on him. A stiff arm and a wiggle of the hips got him a few extra yards and kept him healthy. Emmit had disruptive talent that changed how many people played the position. So I don't know why tebow was winning. No one knows. All I know is that he was.

And you can't say it was all the defense. There were at least 2 game winning drives (that I remember) with the broncs during that playoff run. Was it all luck? Or did he have disruptive talent that no one understands yet? We'll never know.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Tim Tebow has the worst throwing motion and slowest release I've ever seen in an NFL game. When you gotta get the ball out in less than 3 seconds, adding an extra 0.4s to your release is a huge detriment.

This was his biggest problem. Dude's arm mechanics were fucked and it took him way too long to throw the ball.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
And if it was luck, what's wrong with having a lucky QB?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
And if it was luck, what's wrong with having a lucky QB?

Because luck isn't a trait, it's something you can only recognize in hindsight as something that happened that wasn't likely to happen. He went 1-5 during the end of the Broncos run including a game they lost 3-7. Dude just can't play QB.

Also looked it up, and 2 of the 10-6 record as a starter was him as a FB for a game and TE for another. As a QB it's 8-6

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Because luck isn't a trait, it's something you can only recognize in hindsight as something that happened that wasn't likely to happen. He went 1-5 during the end of the Broncos run including a game they lost 3-7. Dude just can't play QB.

How about blessed by God? That's a trait. Alls I'm saying is that if you win and people can't figure out how; it still counts as a win.

Also looked it up, and 2 of the 10-6 record as a starter was him as a FB for a game and TE for another. As a QB it's 8-6

That would explain why the numbers weren't adding up for me. But I didn't care to dig any further. I only took exception to the characterization of him being soooo shitty in the NFL. Even an 8-6 start doesn't earn that.

I remembered the broncos pulling him towards the end of the season during that 1-5 stretch not giving him a chance to play in his best quarter. Maybe I'm misremembering. I went looking for details and instead I found this. Written by Skip Bayless. Yes, he's a tebow nut rider through and through, but I doubt he's flat out lying here. 316 yards in a playoff win versus roflburger?

===============================
In Tebow’s second season, he got thrown into a 1-4 dumpster fire and somehow lifted the Broncos to an AFC West championship and an overtime playoff victory over Ben Roethlisberger’s Steelers.

In those 12 games, Tebow accomplished the greatest sustained run of clutch late-game playmaking by any quarterback ever. In 2011, Tebow led the NFL in QBR in the last five minutes of games.

TIM TEBOW DID THAT, PLAYING QUARTERBACK. YOU CAN LOOK IT UP.

That miraculous run ended just six days after Tebow threw for 316 yards in that playoff win, with the Broncos having to travel on a short week to New England, where Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and the 13-3 Patriots waited, coming off a bye. New England 45, Denver 10. No shame losing that badly to Brady and Belichick.

Yet that game played on Jan. 14, 2012, was the last NFL game Tebow was ever allowed to start. Huh? Impossible.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I literally never saw white players do this. Its almost always Jaquans with zero impulse control.
Football, sure. But then there's hockey.

And you can't say "that's just how hockey is played" like you would something like (obviously) boxing. They get penalties for it so obviously hurts their team.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Football, sure. But then there's hockey.

And you can't say "that's just how hockey is played" like you would something like (obviously) boxing.
"but then there's hockey"

Oh you mean the sport thats 99% white where fighting is part of the game?

They get penalties for it so obviously hurts their team.

yeah, they get penalties. if fighting was frowned upon they'd be getting suspensions.

do you see white players just shoving non-players like trainers or refs?

• 1Cutler

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
"but then there's hockey"

Oh you mean the sport thats 99% white where fighting is part of the game?

yeah, they get penalties. if fighting was frowned upon they'd be getting suspensions.

do you see white players just shoving non-players like trainers or refs?
Interesting. So members of a violent subculture should be excused because they're products of the system they participate in.... That was a quick turn in to being a leftist!

And there have absolutely been incidents involving refs by hockey players. More violent than the light shove that dude gave the trainer last weekend.

There's also soccer. Pretty much all the violence there is from fan bases and not players (and a lot of it is Latino countries) but there's a huge amount of violent white fan bases in soccer.

At least there's still the NBA and the Detroit brawl or Kermit Washington to hang your hat on.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Interesting. So members of a violent subculture should be excused because they're products of the system they participate in.... That was a quick turn in to being a leftist!

And there have absolutely been incidents involving refs by hockey players. More violent than the light shove that dude gave the trainer last weekend.

There's also soccer. Pretty much all the violence there is from fan bases and not players (and a lot of it is Latino countries) but there's a huge amount of violent white fan bases in soccer.

At least there's still the NBA and the Detroit brawl or Kermit Washington to hang your hat on.

Why are you so desperate to pivot out of football to other sports?

If white players and fans are so violent, why arent they shoving trainers half their size in football?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Perhaps a separate thread could be created about the effects that the black predisposition towards violence has on sports and then this conversation wouldn't need to clog up the National Felon League thread.

• 1Worf