2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game should of just ended in a tie. No one deserves this OT.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Everyone tuned in to see 7 FG's tonight! Great product NFL!
Sir, please do not leave a review for the restaurant yet. You've only tried the appetizers so far. The main course coming up is the Commanders vs. The Bears.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
While their are exceptions (TB in TB, Stafford in LA), just a reminder that this is what most QB transfers look like year one.
I mean there's still time for Russ. I'd argue Tom/the Offense didn't really figure things out that first year until after the KC loss in week 12, though Russ is looking way worse after 5 weeks

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wilson sucks, and I’m totally here for it.
Season 11 Friends GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I actually like the name Tuddy Dog. Both mascots are weird associations with commanders though.

It's all just ...

I understand the hog. It's probably the best choice to appeal to the old time fans. So naturally I'm voting for lieutenant the dog because fuck the redskins.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think Hackett is the only problem in Denver. The entire offense just plain out fails to execute basic plays half the time.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean there's still time for Russ. I'd argue Tom/the Offense didn't really figure things out that first year until after the KC loss in week 12, though Russ is looking way worse after 5 weeks
I mean, their record was only 7-5, but Brady was having great numbers. A number of close losses but as much poor defense as offense up until then.

1665150790983.png

He had a real bad stretch in games 9-12 but before and after that he was great. Those teams were also a lot better than the 13-16 teams, so not surprising.

Last edited:

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I mean, their record was only 7-5, but Brady was having great numbers. A number of close losses but as much poor defense as offense up until then.

View attachment 436693

He had a real bad stretch in games 9-12 but before and after that he was great. Those teams were also a lot better than the 13-16 teams, so not surprising.
Yeah totally fair - that year it felt like the Bucs feasted on weaker teams and struggled against play-off level teams - and then just got hot/going undefeated after the bye.

Not to take anything away from the GOAT (love him for bringing us another championship) but he also had a better support system to help install/implement the offense. Tom and Byron seem to have a really great working relationship and so far it feels like Russ and Hackett don't.

That coupled with Hackett being a rookie coach and the entire staff being rookie coaches basically, they're in a way worse position compared to BA's staff who has a super senior staff of veteran coaches with many ex-HCs/Coordinators. Anyway Russ could also be washed - but I figure there's still time this season for them to figure it out

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
At one point last night, the broncos offense was looking so inept I seriously wondered if someone sabotaged there playbooks and they still haven't figure it out.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

I was wrong. I do want to see Denver again in primetime. I'm sure it sucks for Broncos fans but this really might be entering "so bad it's good" territory.

Looks like the AFC West is a bloodbath...just not the way most of us thought it would be.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think Hackett is the only problem in Denver. The entire offense just plain out fails to execute basic plays half the time.
Wilson does look completely checked out. He got his money and you can tell he's a split second late on most plays, which in the NFL means an incompletion or interception. Hackett is a nothingburger however, he's not going to be able to fix anything.