2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Cowboys will actually play for the #1 Seed next week if the Eagles lose to the Giants and 49ers lose to the Cardinals.
That ain’t happening, lose and play the bucs is the route I’d go. Philly might lose but SF isn’t, send GB to Philly or SF and go take your chances with the old Brady and don’t let Mike Evans get behind you.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Even his excuse for the comment was retarded. Coaches like Bowles, Hackett, and Saturday being in the league this year really provides a lot of cover for other idiots.
A dude who gets paid millions of dollars a year doesn’t know about the espn playoff machine and doesn’t have someone around him who informs him of this shit deserves to be fired for incompetence for that alone.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
A dude who gets paid millions of dollars a year doesn’t know about the espn playoff machine and doesn’t have someone around him who informs him of this shit deserves to be fired for incompetence for that alone.

Disagree that not focusing on shit he has no control over is incompetence. Not like he lost on purpose because he thought he clinched already and was resting starters.

Should just fire him for being a shitty coach.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They would have been eliminate today even with a win iirc, it just seems really fucking unusual for a head coach to not know the playoff situation.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That ain’t happening, lose and play the bucs is the route I’d go. Philly might lose but SF isn’t, send GB to Philly or SF and go take your chances with the old Brady and don’t let Mike Evans get behind you.

nah. We wanna win out even if we still wind up with the 5th seed. We've tried the 'limping into the playoffs' thing. I like it better when we storm in there on a winning streak.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I think the Packers would have played hard either way since they could have played spoiler, but I'd definitely prefer no chance whatsoever of the Packers sneaking into the playoffs by beating the Lions and getting some help. I couldn't imagine a more depressing end to the season than that.

If the Lions can pull out a win in Lambeau, I won't even care if they don't get the wild card spot.
Yeah I wasn't paying close enough attention to the playoff Picture -- we need Seahawks to lose on top of needing to beat the Packers. Ugh. But yeah winning the final game of the regular season against the Packers is always a good consolation prize, especially when we play in Lambeau. ^_^

• 1Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I wasn't paying close enough attention to the playoff Picture -- we need Seahawks to lose on top of needing to beat the Packers. Ugh. But yeah winning the final game of the regular season against the Packers is always a good consolation prize, especially when we play in Lambeau. ^_^
The disgusting thing I didn't realize is the Packers hold the tiebreaker over the Seahawks, so, they control their own destiny - if they win, they're in. I don't understand why the playoff picture diagrams don't show the Packers in the last spot since they're in the driver's seat - I guess they always go by the "If the season were to end today..." logic.

That makes the Lions winning an absolute must.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The disgusting thing I didn't realize is the Packers hold the tiebreaker over the Seahawks, so, they control their own destiny - if they win, they're in. I don't understand why the playoff picture diagrams don't show the Packers in the last spot since they're in the driver's seat - I guess they always go by the "If the season were to end today..." logic.

That makes the Lions winning an absolute must.
Yeah we need a Lions win and a Seahawks loss or tie, or a Lions tie and a Seahawks loss.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They would have been eliminate today even with a win iirc, it just seems really fucking unusual for a head coach to not know the playoff situation.

You sure? If they won that game and next week they'd be 9-7-1 which would put them ahead of the 3 teams currently in front of them in the rankings who couldn't finish better than 9-8.

Otherwise, I agree. If he's trying to pull off the "I'm only focused on the next game" cliche, he could have done it in a way that doesn't make him look retarded

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You sure? If they won that game and next week they'd be 9-7-1 which would put them ahead of the 3 teams currently in front of them in the rankings who couldn't finish better than 9-8.

Otherwise, I agree. If he's trying to pull off the "I'm only focused on the next game" cliche, he could have done it in a way that doesn't make him look retarded
You're right, the original article I read after his comment didn't explain the odds well so I looked up some other articles from yesterday. If they had won and the Seahawks, Lions, and Packers all lost, they would have clinched yesterday, which is the part that originally confused me. If they won both their remaining games, they would have clinched regardless of what the other three did. The Packers winning after the Commanders lost resulted in the Commanders being eliminated. The fact that the Commanders actually had all three outcomes on the table yesterday makes Rivera's comment even stupider imo.

So now I believe the wildcard picture for the last NFC slot is as follows

Lions v Packers
Rams v Seahawks

Packers win = Packers clinch
Packers lose + Seahawks win = Seahawks clinch
Packers lose + Seahawks lose = Lions clinch

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As a Seahawks fan, I’d root for the Lions in that scenario. Would be way more fun then watching the Hawks get smoked in round 1.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm equally divided between wanting to see Rodgers drop to 0-5 against the Niners in the postseason and cheering for the underdogs in Detroit. If the Niners play as inconsistently against the Cardinals next week as they did against the Raiders yesterday I'll definitely be pushed in favor of the Lions clinching.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
To be clear, I think the Packers have a single digit percentage chance of winning any playoff games against the Eagles, Cowboys, or 49ers (hell, the Buccs could be rough), but I am still flabbergasted as to how many things had to go the way they did to get the Packers back to this point.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

The 49ers really proved themselves to be a great team this season, having surged to 9 straight wins, the best such streak since 1997 when they ripped off 11 in a row. Its really unbelievable how strong of a position they are in with their 3rd string QB. The defense giving up 500 fucking yards is an eye opener, and really knocks the defense down a peg going into the home stretch. But the good thing is the 49ers are getting a ton of first downs and are able to move the ball down the field through the air.

Basically the 49ers need to beat the Cardinals at home, the Seakhawks at home, and then the Giants or Vikings at home, and then either beat Philly on the road, or maybe again at home, before going to Glendale to win it all. They have 2 entirely winnable games coming up, and then need to win 2 more potentially at home. If they dont get it done this year, they have maybe a 2 year window, which would mean they have been in the Super Bowl Hunt for 5 years at that point.

None of it matters unless they can beat Mahomes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The 49ers really proved themselves to be a great team this season, having surged to 9 straight wins, the best such streak since 1997 when they ripped off 11 in a row. Its really unbelievable how strong of a position they are in with their 3rd string QB. The defense giving up 500 fucking yards is an eye opener, and really knocks the defense down a peg going into the home stretch. But the good thing is the 49ers are getting a ton of first downs and are able to move the ball down the field through the air.

Basically the 49ers need to beat the Cardinals at home, the Seakhawks at home, and then the Giants or Vikings at home, and then either beat Philly on the road, or maybe again at home, before going to Glendale to win it all. They have 2 entirely winnable games coming up, and then need to win 2 more potentially at home. If they dont get it done this year, they have maybe a 2 year window, which would mean they have been in the Super Bowl Hunt for 5 years at that point.

None of it matters unless they can beat Mahomes.
Why do you keep commenting about a franchise that doesn't even exist anymore?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
To be clear, I think the Packers have a single digit percentage chance of winning any playoff games against the Eagles, Cowboys, or 49ers (hell, the Buccs could be rough), but I am still flabbergasted as to how many things had to go the way they did to get the Packers back to this point.
Aaron Rodgers has absolutely owned Dallas in the playoffs, I’d rather face Brady. Worst case scenario for me as a Dallas fan, Giants/Cowboys/49ers/GB wins sending Aaron Rodgers to Dallas which he won his SB in and at least one other playoff game against Dallas as well and in general just owns the franchise as an individual. I’d rather lose and give Philly the #1 seed or the 49ers and and send GB to them and take my chances with Brady. I just don’t see the 49ers losing unless Brock Purdy gets injured and the 14th string QB that was probably bagging groceries comes in and oh fuck nm.

Jozu

It is too bad they dont exist anymore.

If they win the SuperBowl though I think they could be one again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmm, is there a possible path where Rodgers goes to Dallas to wreck McFatty in the divisional then loses to the Niners again in the conference championship?

Doesn't specifically have to be those rounds, just the order of 'wreck McFatty in Dallas then lose to the Niners again'

• 1Like