2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Jimmy G is in a pretty prime position. He had arguably the best season of his career and there's more than a few teams he could land that would at least be playoff worthy with him.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jimmy G is in a pretty prime position. He had arguably the best season of his career and there's more than a few teams he could land that would at least be playoff worthy with him.
He'll get paid by someone for sure, but even with his decent season he had the same problem that forced the 49ers to look for a new QB. He is injury prone. He has had exactly one full healthy year with the 49ers.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
He'll get paid by someone for sure, but even with his decent season he had the same problem that forced the 49ers to look for a new QB. He is injury prone. He has had exactly one full healthy year with the 49ers.
Was that last year? I liked how that one ended.

1def6d10-8269-11ec-bffd-80613270867a.jpeg

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You better keep holding on to those memories.

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I'll just remember this season.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 8.25.26 AM.png

Until next year when the gap will be even wider.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
How far the mighty Niner Niner bang gang have fallen, bragging about the regular season.

Well I guess it's all you have left.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wherever JimmyG ends up and if he ends up playing the whole year, I legit will think 9'ers are cursed

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He will have plenty of teams wanting to sign him for a reasonable price. Hes 99% better than a lot of QBs last year.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Nope, 2019 when they went to the Super Bowl. Was his only year he played every game.

This is why I get annoyed with low information sports fans that bag on Shanahan.

His record as a head coach -

2017 - Inherits a 2-14 team from Chip Kelly. Brings in Garoppolo mid-season and goes 6-10
2018 - McKinnon tears his ACL in training camp, Garoppolo tears his week 3. CJ Beathard leads them to a 4-12 season
2019 - Garoppolo stays healthy all year and they go 13-3 and lose the superbowl to the Chiefs
2020 - 18 players finish the year on injured reserve. What's left of the team goes 6-10 playing home games in Arizona because of Covid
2021 - 10-7, lost NFC Championship
2022 - Lance goes down in week 2. Garoppolo goes down in week 13. 13-4 and they lose the NFC Championship after losing 2 more quarterbacks during the game.

There's probably not many coaches who have come to a dumpster fire team and then gone to the championship game or better in 3 out of 4 years. Doing it without an elite quarterback is unheard of in the modern era. Doing it with the amount of injuries that they have had to deal with is even more rare. Anyone who thinks he should be replaced should take a look around the league and see how far other coaches make it without an elite QB.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Wadafaq

Pro Bowl "replacements" has always been a joke. It's why Pro Bowler has been completely devalued in the past few years and All Pro is the only real standard for great players.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shanahan is truly peerless when it comes to deep playoff runs. Nobody in the league loses Conference Championships and Super Bowls as consistently as he does.

• 1Ice Burn
  • 1Worf

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Pro Bowl "replacements" has always been a joke. It's why Pro Bowler has been completely devalued in the past few years and All Pro is the only real standard for great players.
Is there a real explanation for this? He isn’t even like QB20 in the AFC. Realistically Joe Flacco had a more accomplished season.

• 2Like