2022, How many movies did you see in the theater?

2022, How many movies did you see in the theater?

Votes: 60 51.3%

Votes: 24 20.5%

Votes: 10 8.5%

Votes: 6 5.1%

Votes: 3 2.6%

Votes: 3 2.6%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 11+

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1670728703776.png

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i really have nothing against going to the movies, just nothing that interests me enough to go see it in a theater. the best i can manage is a halfassed watch of something i heard about. on a screener or bootleg and even then i havent been blown away by a film in a long time. its just a long line of "who gives a fuck about this shit anymore?" movies. if my GF wanted to go see something id say yeah lets do it. but she seems to hate films.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
There are two major theaters near me, and they both went to the comfy, nearly laying down reclining chairs. People started bringing their blankets to the movie to snuggle down in while watching. I have no real issue with this, and I can see how it would be comfy. Trouble is, the trash that go to the theaters and bring their blankets have bedbugs at home. The theaters here have bedbugs now. I'm not going anywhere near any theater that has seats like that. Hard pass. I can stay home and rent pretty much anything I'm interested in, watch it on my large television, sit comfortably, drink a beer, and not get bedbugs.

• 3WTF
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Top Gun: Maverick and Bullet Train were it for me - both were great.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Everything everywhere

Northman

Dr Strange

Top Gun

I have no desire to watch the first three again. I think this year was a bad one for movies

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
There’s a theatre right next to my work so I’d probably stop in to see something once every other week.

Most days it was almost completely empty though so I don’t know how long any of them will be open. I love the movie experience however.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
None. Don't see a reason to go the theater anymore when I can spend less to watch it at home, at a time of my choosing, without having to sit through ads, and most importantly without being annoyed by other people.

Visual quality was a reason once but even on my 10 year old plasma stuff looks great and it's all a bunch of CGI anyway so who really cares.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I like movies. So this year I saw... too many.
Bullet Train, Top Gun, Ruthkanda Forever, Doctor Strange, The Batman, Super Pets, Thor Love and Thunder, Black Adam and I think that's finally it. Oh yeah, I'm also seeing Avatar in a few days.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Toward the beginning of the year I saw Spiderman Now Way Home. Kids birthday party. Haven't seen one since. Got 100" Short Throw in the basement now. Happy to wait.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

I am at 47, which is waaaaay bellow average because I did not go to three of the film festivals I usually go that account for about 100 movies by themselves (one I missed because of scheduling conflict, one I did not go because not enough things interested me and one I did not go because the COVID measures made it unpractical - instead of being centralized in one theater, it was spread around the city which immediately cuts by a third the number of movies you can see and could cause viewing planning dilemmas).

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
No way home cause i was lazy and didnt see in 2021. Batman and Maverick. Walked out of green knight.

• 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Spiderman NWH, Green Knight, Batman, Northman, Everything Everywhere, Dr Strange, Thor, Nope, Top Gun, Avatar Re-release, Barbarian, and will see Avatar 2 next weekend. I am lucky and have a stellar stadium laser Imax nearish me so its still fun to go to the movies.