2022, How many movies did you see in the theater?

2022, How many movies did you see in the theater?

Votes: 60 51.3%

Votes: 24 20.5%

Votes: 10 8.5%

Votes: 6 5.1%

Votes: 3 2.6%

Votes: 3 2.6%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 11+

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw 4 movies in theatres this year, The Northman, The Batman, Maverick, Bones and All. Two at the AMC and the other two at the smaller art-house theatre in town.

Just a few years ago, before the industry and the world went to shit, I'd probably see at least one movie a month in the theatres.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Used to go 2-5x/month when I had moviepass/AMC A-List

this year saw

Top Gun Maverick - 100% worth it on Dolby Vision screen/sound
Dr. Strange 2 - liked most of it but woulda been fine at home
Thor Retards in Space - awful, full regrets
Avatar - went to see the rerelease in theaters, imax projector shut off after 30 mins and they gave us refunds and free future pass. oh yeah, this is why i don't like going to theaters anymore

next year I'll probably go for John Wick 4, fast and furious, Dune 2, mission impossible, and maybe Transformers, Indy Jones 5, Aquaman 2, Ant Man and GOTG if they sound good

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The last movie I saw in the theater was either GotG 2 or Wonder Woman, in 2017.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Not as many as I use to by far, and most of them these days are at the drive-in.

BUT, tonight and tomorrow Fathom Events is doing Conan the Barbarian 40th anniversary showing at various theaters. I'm going. Epic movie and I have never seen it on the big big screen.

Thought this was as good a place as any to let you all know about it.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

Not as many as I use to by far, and most of them these days are at the drive-in.

BUT, tonight and tomorrow Fathom Events is doing Conan the Barbarian 40th anniversary showing at various theaters. I'm going. Epic movie and I have never seen it on the big big screen.

only place close to me is an hour+ away and looks like it is on one of the smaller screens.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Northman

Top Gun Maverick

Jurassic World III (great experience went with friends we all got drunk beforehand and shouted at the screen, Chris Pratt why did you make an alliance with a raptor?)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zero which is sort of disappointing because the local movie theater l...... Having to drive an hour home afterwards just makes it seem like hassle. I actually planned to see Top Gun but then when the day came I decided to just go home instead.
Sir,

Your definition of local is different from mine. I live in Athens GA. I could about get to Atlanta in that amount of time.

• 1Worf

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Can't remember specifically but going through the ones listed in this thread:

Northman
Top Gun: Maverick
Everything Everywhere All at Once
Bullet Train
My Bloody Valentine (1981)

I'm sure I might be missing one but that's about it. Not having an Alamo Drafthouse in my metro area severely impacts my moviegoing.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>

HOLY FUCK THANK YOU for the heads up. I check Fathom Events fairly regularly for special showings and that must have just popped up because I was not tracking that.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The last film I watched in a theater was 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'. Fitting, given what I took to be its main premise.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Sir,

Your definition of local is different from mine. I live in Athens GA. I could about get to Atlanta in that amount of time.

Yeah, most people wouldn't call it local hehe, but it's the closest one to me. There's also people I refer to as my neighbors that live 20 or 30 miles away.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Last Jedi was the last time I was in a movie theater. Time will tell, but that might be the end of theaters for me.

Fadaar

That guy
Sir,

in his defense he could live in LA and it's only like 3 miles away

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
uhhh 4. dr strange, jurassic world, the batman, everythingeverywhereallatonce. clearly the best movie of the year is everythingeverywhereallatonce.

i think we'll see avatar too. will report back on naked blue people.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I forgot 2:
The Return of Swamp Thing (1989)
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

• 1Like